Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-24 of 24 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 16, 2011, 6:04:45 AM PST
anonymous says:
has anyone experience MW3 glitch and lag in PS3? anyone knows if same happens for XBox 360? i experience lag from time to time. my bro almost seems to experience all the time. wonder if is PS3 pushed to limit or MW3 coding error?

Posted on Nov 17, 2011, 5:56:33 PM PST
I think its just to many people online trying to play with almost no internet connection or something along that line because certain games for me will just start lagging then stop working but after it boots a couple people it starts working again, i think its just all the traffic because im having the same problem but maybe not, idk that was my first thought at least.

Posted on Nov 18, 2011, 10:12:57 AM PST
John from OC says:
I usually play at 11pm - 2am. Virtually no lag. Plus, it's a new game, there's going to be a lot of people on for the first couple of months.

Posted on Nov 21, 2011, 1:14:27 AM PST
Yes major problem with this game on the PS3...I have played it on XBOX with no problem at all....Not ready for sale for the PS3 was the problem.. They just threw it out there....So tired of these software companys....Another unfinished product....It is not your internet it is the Game....

Posted on Nov 22, 2011, 8:33:28 AM PST
The lag sometimes is almost unbearable.....Like, in the event of face to face with another player i shoot my ass out of bullets in him and with one bullet i get myself killed!!!! The worst part, when i see the replay it seems that i only shot a single shot or no shot at all in him....or sometimes i just happened to see the player (like he popped out of nothing) and he is already shooting at me.....

I´m not a noob player, but that kind of stuff (glitches and lags) happened in the black ops too for a couple of months since released....

Posted on Nov 22, 2011, 12:01:36 PM PST
bordersj2 says:
Is it the game? Because the lag I've been dealing with has made me come pretty close to getting rid of it. It's makes some parts unplayable. You shoot a dude, year the thump go 4-5 times into him, and then you're like 1 shot killed.... the kill-cam shows that you never even got him. Unbelievable lag. I've had times where I've emptied a clip behind a dude and suddenly I'm watching the guy's feet move past me. lol Granted, I'm no 'master' of the game and certainly not a 'round the clock' gamer expecting 50 kills every game or anything like that. But for heavens sake... add in the upgradeable guns with the lag, and you're done for. haha And all of this is if/when I am able to even get onto the network to begin with. oy....

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 23, 2011, 10:12:46 AM PST
J. Lavallo says:
No kidding. This happens constantly. Its destroying my kill ratio. Is this a glitch in the software or a cheat?

Posted on Nov 23, 2011, 11:56:18 AM PST
M. Mayor says:
No lag with PS3 MW3. Black Ops was terrible and I wasn't able to play on-line due to lag so I traded for MW3.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2011, 5:21:49 AM PST
bordersj2 says:
There is lag and network issues. Taken me and some friends time to log in. I wonder if it had to do with a PSN software upgrade they were working on. Either way though after the upgrade, still considerable lag. I've shelved mine for a while.

Posted on Dec 1, 2011, 5:01:43 PM PST
I have been wondering the same thing. I can host the game with no problem, but sometimes the lag makes the game unplayable! I blame it on people with slow connections.

Posted on Dec 6, 2011, 7:18:26 AM PST
vanity says:
Ive only experienced lag a few times since the game came out and i play 2-4 hrs a day.. most times its either A) using multiple devices on a crappy router i.e. computer, phone, laptop, game, printer...B) crappy connection from other players, C) Lag switches.. if you empty a clip on someone and they are standing still then all of a sudden you die and didnt see em move its probably someone in the game using a lag switch..usaully you can tell just by looking at the number 1 or number 2 player on the opposite team..if they have a prestiged a few times and have a crazy kill/death ratio thats usually what it is..not all the time but from my experience it is.. go to their profile and report just to b safe

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 6, 2011, 7:56:43 AM PST
bordersj2 says:
Mine might be lag from other players. I've checked my internet and everything just to make sure. Even have the PC off. But - what is a Lag switch? Haven't heard of that before. Don't want to report people if they didn't do anything - I've got no problems saying I might suck or just have some bad games or run into a crew's that awesome at the game. But to go from having decent enough games consistenly IMO (15-10 or 20-14 or so is usually where I am on 'normal' games, or even closer to just 50-50 ratio) to then suddenly going 5-20 with bad lag seems too extreme sometimes. I usually play one more after that and if it's the same I'll hop out and join a different game and often times it'll be better. Maybe that is it then lol

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 6, 2011, 8:07:39 AM PST
vanity says:
lag switch is a regular light switch attached to your ethernet cable by cutting open the ethernet cord and connecting a certain wire to the switch..usually betwen ur modem and router..they flip the switch witch then creates a "lag" for everyone except the person who flipped the switch giving them 5-30 seconds to run around the map while still appearing to stand still. then they flip the switch back off before it kicks em for bad connection..happened all the time in black ops..usually i go 15-5 in mw3 so when im getting owned and the game is laggy i usually report for good measure..unless im just not that quick on the draw but i know when my trigger finger is off...one report wont do anything but if enough peolpe report then sony looks into their video archives and watches too see if they r using it or not..they know and will ban them..

Posted on Dec 6, 2011, 8:11:33 AM PST
vanity says:
also check your nat type..but just sometimes the host of the game has a crappy connection and will disconnect them from the server

Posted on Dec 6, 2011, 9:17:06 AM PST
Yesterday I ran into one of this f*@#$%$ lag-switchers....the guy had an Kill/Death ratio of 35/3 so, viewing the game after i saw that when he got hit he did not die but just run from the bullets and kill the guy that was shooting at him with an impressive fast movement.....
My point is, vanity is right...there a lot of lag switchers in the multiplayer of the game....so if you´re playing and thinking that "How come this guy is so fast in pointing and shooting" and checking that he is the only one in his team that is killing people out get suspicious and watch the replay after.....

Posted on Dec 22, 2011, 6:58:11 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 22, 2011, 7:01:59 AM PST
anonymous says:
i also found lag compensation plays a role in MW3 glitch and lag. the code is written to compensate bad connection players (regardless you are host or not) with secs advantage against better connection players. yeah, pretty mess up. the whole idea pretty mess up too. consequence of this stupid decision (blame on air head product manager. they need to fire him NOW)

1>bad connection players will be compensated to out play better connection players (so now better connection players will quit) so how is this gonna help over all game play?
2>bad connection players will now also out play host. now host will be pissed and leave. host migration will be forced on everyone
3>rinse and repeat 2>. so how is this gonna help over all game play for everyone, because there is constant host migration?

by the way, connection of host will degrade with each rinse and repeat. how is that gonna help over all game play?

read my lips, last person you want to piss off in a game is host. last thing you want to experience in a game is constant host migration.

Posted on Dec 28, 2011, 4:04:58 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 30, 2011, 3:03:24 PM PST
anonymous says:
1>I killed by my own bouncint betty. WTF
2>sprint caused me and my bro to switch to secondary weapon (when I press L3 to sprint, it will cause me to swap weapons). IT IS A BUG!!! very annoying too!!!

seriously, can activision code a decent game at all? seriously, i never have this issue with MW2.

Posted on Jan 17, 2012, 11:23:41 PM PST
my friend bought the game no problems.....i bought the game same night and i lag like no tomorrow....don't have lag problems with any other games as my ps3 is 10ft away from the router and getting 100% signal....ordered a cat6 ethernet wire to give cod the benefit of the doubt but it is probably the dam lag compensation they are using.

Posted on Feb 9, 2012, 12:01:02 PM PST
Big Ed says:
Dont just blame Activision, Lag and screen jitters come from a number of things, the room host connection, your internet provider , the server your provider is on at the time, how busy the game servers are, if the host is lag switching. And your set up. Like cables,router, even if your using a cheapo HDMI cable from tv to system.
If your internet providers onley giving you a 10-12 mdps download rate and 2 mbps up, and the game is running at 15 mbps download or faster, you might get some lag.
Do a internet speed test to see how fast your connection is, if your close to 12-15 mbps download, you should be ok because most of the game rooms get capped at 12.5 to 15 mbps download because of all the people on the servers.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 9, 2012, 4:23:48 PM PST
C. poesch says:
i have 2 mbs up and down load and rarely lag

Posted on Feb 10, 2012, 7:46:06 PM PST
p george says:
It's your internet connection, it's not the game.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 14, 2012, 2:40:50 PM PST
Big Ed says:
2 mbps Upload is good/normal , but if your at 2 mbps Download, check your set up ,run a speed test, and maybe call your internet provider and see what speed plan your on. because 2 mbps Download is way slow

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 1, 2012, 8:55:44 AM PDT
Azhrei says:
or maybe there's less people playing on the sh*tbox's servers?

Posted on Aug 7, 2012, 8:42:58 PM PDT
Nicolas says:
MW3 is awesome
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  16
Total posts:  24
Initial post:  Nov 16, 2011
Latest post:  Aug 7, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

This discussion is about