Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

on October 20, 2012
If you're looking for some of the best recipes for mac & cheese from some of the best restaurants across the country, then this latest offering from veteran food writer, Ellen Brown, is for you. The recipes here call for a variety of pastas, a world of cheeses, and "add-ins" without end - duck, chicken, lobster, shrimp, crab, sausage, ham, bacon, tomatoes, spinach, caramelized onions, spinach, leeks, herbs, and yes, raisins. A beginning section on finger food and a roundup of desserts at the end make this mac & cheese cookbook unique, but it's the depth and breadth of this collection of the ultimate American comfort food that will keep you coming back for more...and more.
19 people found this helpful
on June 6, 2014
I was given a hard copy by a friend for my birthday and all the recipes have been such a hit at our dinner and a movie night that I got it on Kindle so I would have it when I am visiting my family as they have asked me to make recipes out of there. As my friend who gave me the book has stated, it was the gift that keeps on giving. I haven't made EVERY recipe yet, but I would say that I have made almost half of them. The first time I make a recipe I make it just like the book says (very rare for me but my husband and friends are telling me I need to reproduce what I make) and everyone turned out perfect. I have a large collection of cooking books and hate it when you follow the recipe and it doesn't turn out or you get half way through the recipe and discover they left out something.
5 people found this helpful
on March 1, 2013
If you like comfort food you have come to the right place.

Hard to get bored flipping through these recipes, this is way past the blue box and some Velveeta =)

As cookbooks go, it is not a stunning piece of design but it is functional and tells you what you need to know. I appreciate that the recipes are not unnecessarily complex. We are talking mac cheese so it shouldn't be...

Giving it a 4 only because I don't want to communicate that this is an absolute must have. Here's the real key - IMO you have to like to play with upscale ingredients to enjoy it,
15 people found this helpful
on January 4, 2015
Some of the recipes were a bit more involved and intricate than I had imagined, but the book itself is beautiful. If you are looking for straight and basic mac and cheese recipes, I would probably choose something else, but if you are a more advanced cook, and are willing to experiment with seafood and that type of thing, this would be a great choice.
on January 27, 2018
The best Mac and Cheese recipe book that I have found.
on June 7, 2013
Not the healthiest recipes but lots of fun and a great treat. It's turned out to be a fantastic way to spend time with my two children. We first spent time ranking recipes and now we are working through our favorites one by one. Nice way to get kids to learn basics of cooking.
6 people found this helpful
on June 18, 2013
We have close to 100 cookbooks, going back to ones we got from our mothers dating from the '50s and '60s, plus one dedicated macaroni and cheese book we bought within the last couple years. This one is the one we go to when we're looking for great comfort food. It'll definitely get a lot of use in this household.
12 people found this helpful
on December 10, 2012
I decided to purchase this cookbook after I saw it featured on one of my favorite cooking blogs. A cookbook that had over 80 different takes on my favorite food caught my eye immediately.

This book has several recipes, ranging from classic to more modern takes on everyone's favorite comfort food. It's definitely for the more adventurous chef. My boyfriend, who likes more classic recipes, thought many of these versions were a little too creative for his taste.

I would recommend this cookbook to everyone who enjoys macaroni and cheese, and isn't afraid of a little adventure!
6 people found this helpful
on March 16, 2015
seemed like a fun gift... ideas weren't that original, or inspired, though
One person found this helpful
on September 16, 2013
This cookbook is full of Mac and Cheese recipes. I plan to give it to my grand daughter for Christmas. Mac and Cheese is her favorite dish and this book is loaded with different suggestions.