Your Garage Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning DrWho DrWho DrWho  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 32 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 42 reviews
on January 25, 2010
There are a lot of instructions on this product, although complicated at first, if you follow the instructions correctly and take your time to read them, it will work.

The package come with the included sensors already paired with the base, so, all I needed to do was to change the passwords and include my phone numbers.

When it calls me, I can hear what is going on ONLY if the alarm is in the silent mode, since it has a pretty loud noise coming from the base (where the mic is).

The door sensor works pretty good, every time I forgot to disarm, it goes off. The motion detector, it is not the most reliable, but it also works, I believe the reliability has to do with the fact that it seems to read the environment every 5 seconds or so.

I live in a small apartment, and I don't know what is the actual range of these devices and cannot say if they work well in large houses/apartments.

So far, it is working OK.
on December 6, 2013
As everyone that buys a home alarm, my neighbors house was broken into. I saw this and ordered it, the install was so easy.

Pros: Install was super easy, It actually works, it's louder than expected.
Cons: The batteries run low very quickly,
on February 4, 2011
I HAVE READ MANY OF THE REVIEWS AND DECIDED TO BUY THIS ALARM ANYWAY. I AM GLAD I DID. THE ALARM IS NOT COMPLICATED TO SET UP. PRETTY SIMPLE REALLY AS LONG AS YOU ACCEPT THE FACT YOU HAVE TO HAVE THE INSTRUCTIONS WITH YOU AND READ ATLEAST TWO PAGES. THATS ALL I HAD TO READ. PLUS I DID NOT GET IN A BIG HURRY OR RUSH. SLOWY I MESSED WITH THE SYSTEM AND COMPLETLY INSTALLED IT IN ABOUT 1.5 HRS.

I AM CONFIDENT OFFICERS WILL GET TO MY RESIDENCE FASTER WITH THIS ALARM THAN ANY ADT ONE. THE SYSTEM IS FAST ON DIALING NUMBERS AND CALLING STARTING WITH NUMBER 1 THEN SO ONE TO THE FINAL NUMBER. (BESURE TO INCLUDE 911 ALSO) THE MACHINE ALSO HAS A PRERECORDED MESSAGE UP TO 9 SEC LONG. THAT IS APLENTY OF TIME TO SAY RESIDENTIAL BURGLAR ALARM + HOUSE NUMBER +STREET/ROAD NAME + AND CITY. HONESTLY IF YOU SET 911 AS A CALL NUMBER YOU DONT HAVE TO SPEND THE TIME SAYING YOUR ADDRESS. IT AUTOMATICALY POPS UP WITH THE NEW DAYS E911 THAT ALL STATES SHOULD BE ON BOARD WITH.

IF I WERE A DOOR TO DOOR SALES MAN, I WOULD HAVE TO SAY THE SELLING POINT FOR THIS ALAR THAT SHOWS QUALITY IS THE KEY CHAIN REMOTES....O WOW THEY ARE SO SOLID AND BUILT WITYH METAL AND HARD POLYMER PLASTIC. THESE ARE NICER THAN ANY OTHER ALARM REMOTE I HAVE EVER SEEN. SMALLER, HEAVER, MUCH BETTER IN QUALITY. AND MINE WORKS WITH THE SYSTEM ATLEAST 100 FT AWAY FROM UNIT THRU WALLS AND FROM OUTSIDE. WHEN YOU PRESS THE ARM / DISARM BUTTON ON RC YOU HAVE TO HOLD IT A SEC UNTIL BLUE LIGHT FLASHES ON REMOTE. KINDA HAVE TO PRESS THE BUTTON NOT CLICK IT, IS WHAT I AM TRYING TO SAY.

OVER ALL THIS ALARM IS QUALITY AND I AM HAPPY WITH MY DECISION AND WILL REFER IT TO OTHERS WHEN THE TIME COMES. GREAT AD ONS TOO.

THE PICTURE IS OLD....NO ANTENNAS
on December 10, 2011
Easy to setup and does exactly what it is suppose to do. When first setting up understand that there is a delay in arming the system. Didn't understand that when we first tried testing the sensors and the alarm wasn't going off correctly. Once we knew that everything worked fine and we are ready to order more sensors. The system also has a "home" and "away" setting which is great if you need only certain sensors to be active (home) or all of them active (away). We have a back area of our home that we like to be armed while we are home, especially during the summer, perfect for the "home" option. The wireless remotes work great and have a large range to them. Added our cell numbers which it can handle up to 5 of them, it calls them in the order you put them into the system. Even the recorded message piece works great and easy to record and setup. Overall very happy with this system and would recommend it anyone that wants an affordable home security system.
on June 23, 2010
ok so its not a 1-2-3 your done setup you must read the manual 2 or even 3 times once you do get it,its a snap to setup!only took me an hour to get very thing going i mean its not the best one out there but the best one for the price i think. dose what i want it to do protech my home and gives me a little peace of mind,the system is loud when it dose go off and i like the fact it calls people(btw that works really well) so anyway if your looking for a home alarm with out breaking the bank this is the system for you
on March 5, 2010
You dont need to be a NASA scientist to install it. Just read carefully the instructions before use it. that's all I did.
About the system is good enough to keep safe my office. It works great and I have no problems with it. Is not the best system but is affordable and a good complement to your business security officer guard.
on April 25, 2011
Worked pretty much out of the box for me, I barely needed to look at the instructions. Motion sensor seems sensitive enough, and the wireless plug in alarm works great over 50 ft away in my house [the unit is used to protect my garage]. The thing shrieks like a banshee, I hope it doesn't give me a heart attack. The alarm on the module itself it not nearly as loud, but loud enough to let a thief know that hes been detected. I was worried that the first thing a thief would do it rip it off the wall to stop the alarm, attracted by the glowing red light.
So I screwed in a half inch board in front of it. I won't need to access the panel much, since the remotes take care of arm/disarm. If I need to, it will be simple enough to unscrew it in 3 seconds, something the average burglar is not going to take the time to do.
The remotes are very nice, all metal construction, and have a decent range. I can disarm it well before I even reach the door, and the unit chirps to let you know its disarmed.
It apparently stays disarmed until you rearm it, would be nice to have a feature that it auto rearms after, say, an hour or two. But most alarms I suppose you must arm, and it will be easy enough to do once you fall into the habit of doing it.
I feel more secure already, I don't live in a high crime area, but you never know. I got loads of tools that would be a crackheads dream to sell, and locks can be defeated with ease. Most burglars would immediately haul ass away when an alarm goes off, if they don't they just might when I come out with my German Shepards and Glock.
Between my locks, motion sensor lights and alarm, I feel I am reasonably protected for a good price.
Only down sides so far, and it might be my fault as I haven't messed with it much, is the door/window alarm doesn't seem to work. It is a simple affair, a sensor with a magnetic strip on the other side of the door/window. When it is open, the magnetic field is broken, and that activates the alarm.
I first put the supplied battery in, a red light went on, then stayed off, I figured the battery was fried, so I got a new one. No red light, no nothing, I don't know if the sensor is toast or what.
Haven't got my phone call feature to work yet either. Programming seems simple enough, yet I don't get a call when the alarm goes off, hopefully I'll get it working. Even if I don't, for the price, I'm satisfied with motion detection, which seems to work flawlessly.
on February 19, 2011
Keep in mind your paying under 100 bucks for this.

I am a professional low voltage tech with 10 years experience and I just installed my 2nd system, I still like this. Its easy to program, works well and comes with 2 wireless keypads! Customers (you) love this.
on June 18, 2012
I found in this system a good solution to start with. Its very easy to install and set up. I had no problems at all even when hadant read the manual! The sound is loud and you can hear it very far. I would recommend this system if you are looking for a quick, fast, cost efficient alarm system.
on August 11, 2010
This is Great, easy to setup and use. Only thing missing is it being able to link to a wired Siren.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.