Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
Wireless Home Security System
|Price:||$95.00 & FREE Shipping. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Wireless Auto Dialer
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
|Item Dimensions||10 x 3 x 11 inches|
|Shipping Weight||1.85 pounds|
Read about our customers' top-rated security and surveillance products on our review page: Security and Surveillance
Top Customer Reviews
- Price of the kit;
- Easy to install and operate;
- Integrated phone call unit;
- Range of the sensors;
- No false alarms;
- WIndow/door sensor can easily be modified to control two or more wired magnetic sensors. All you need to do is connect the new dispositives in serie with the existing one;
- I can call the control unity with my mobile phone and disarm the alarm before get home when I'm not with the remote control;
- My phone rings within 9 seconds after the alarm is triggered;
- The control unity saves a history with the time and sensor of the 5 last times it was triggered;
- Works with 9V batteries;
What I dislike:
- Only one remote control;
- Not very loud. I can barely hear it outside my apartment if the front door and the room door (where it is installed) are closed; Things get better if I install it close the door, but this way someone can easily smash it or unplug the phone cable in a few seconds. I'd rather to have an external siren;
- Manual have two different procedures for remote operation of the alarm. The correct is the second one in the end of the manual where you should press a number + # to operate the control unity;
- Extra accessories (especially the remote control) can be expensive and difficult to find;
- Window/door sensor could be smaller;
- There is a smal screw in the back of the control unity that entered inside it through a smal hole the first time I opened it to insert the battery. It was a pain to remove it later;
- I'd like to have a keyboard outside home so that I can disarm the alarm without the remote control.Read more ›
I bought this system about a month ago. It came with both an instructional DVD plus written instructions. Both were fairly easy to follow. It may take a couple of tries on some of the items to be programed because it will revert back to the main menu if you take too long but this is not a problem. Making sure the detectors are properly set up is a must otherwise it won't arm properly. Make sure the door/window sensor is no more than 1/4 inch apart. If either is set up incorrectly it will tell you on the lcd to please close and gives the sensor number that's not correct (included motion detector is #1 and door/window sensor is #2). It's wise to double check phone number entries,delay times, etc upon completion. I have the door/window sensor located in my outdoor shop about 125 feet away past three walls from the main control and it works fine. I've used motion detectors before and they can be a problem since they will detect pets or even rodents. It's best to locate them in narrow areas (such as a narrow hallway) to minimize the risk of a non human triggering it. The alarm is very loud and can be heard throughout my house but since I live in a rural area and also wanted to protect my detached shop, I chose the external alarm. I would say that when set up it may have an effective range of about 200-250 feet, depending on neighborhood noises. This hopefully would scare away intruders but not sure my neighbors (about 900 feet away) would notice it.
My only complaint concerns the instructions. During my initial set up I had problems arming the system and had to call customer support. The instructions indicated that troubleshooting information was available on their website but there was none.Read more ›
Pro: Very easy to install, keychain remote means no running to the keypad.
Con: I found the working range of the remote to be about 30ft (through several walls though). Its loud but without an external siren I'm counting on my immediate next door neighbors to respond to the alarm before they disable it. Some of the setup menus are a little clumsy, but you only have to do it once.
I'd buy it again in a heartbeat.
I programmed the MACE Controller to call me on my cellphone and as I have a wireless sensor in the garage, I get a test call every time I park my car in the garage. The controller is set for a 10 second alarm delay, so my cell phone rings with an "alarm call" from the Mace before the garage door finishes closing. I disarm the MACE with the little remote while in the car.
HERE'S MY SPECIFICS:
The programming is simple except for two items.
1. The programming steps in the manual are embedded within paragraphs instead of having them set out in a numbered table which makes following the steps somewhat confusing but not impossible. The steps themselves are not that difficult. Just translating the steps to "your own programming table" would makes the process much simpler.
2. The programming sequence requires a waiting period of 20 seconds and 60 seconds (depending on what you're programming) after you enter your programming data. You have to wait for the "BEEP" before you move on to enter other programming sequences.
The sensors have really good horizontal coverage although the vertical coverage is slightly narrow. I don't have any pets so I can't talk about "kitty false alarms" but I do know that when you enter the room, the sensors activate without the appearance of any dead spots.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Works generally but the remote phone notification system doesn't work, that was pretty much the reason that I choose this system. Otherwise effective and easy to set up.Published 1 month ago by Mark Gibbs
After it sitting there without using it for years I tried to use it again but couldn't get the sensor units to trigger after they were registered. Read morePublished 2 months ago by Mister Boom Boom
Worked as expected, features met my friends needs perfectly and inexpensively.Published 4 months ago by D. Wilkinson
Read alot of bad reviews on here and all I can say is those people must have NOT read the instructions or just couldn't comprehend how to install the system. Read morePublished 6 months ago by RHB
This is an easy-to-use home security system, with several nice features like automatic dialing when the alarm is triggered, but it has a flaw. Read morePublished 10 months ago by cameraz
Great product, used it for 2 years in our office. No falsies, no problems. Calls up to 3 phone numbers when activated. Read morePublished 11 months ago by happy
This arrived quickly and seems to work well. I needed to order extra parts to make sure the house was secure but am happy with it.Published 12 months ago by Amazon Customer