Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 42 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 98 reviews
on November 2, 2011
Harvey Mackay does it again--- and even more WOW! for you! This book gives the details on how to sell in today's world. No, it is not the old-school selling of beating people over the head. Harvey shows how to connect with people using tried-and-true principles as well as cutting-edge technologies.Yes, he tells you about Twitter, for instance, but he also goes in-depth as to how to use it in business and how successful companies today are deploying this technology for serious bottom-line benefits.

If you are in sales (and aren't we all today?) you will benefit enormously from this book. Don't just read it --- devour it! Watch the video as I cite specific references in the book that you can use right now. Harvey's work is practical, real-world and bottom-line-enhancing. Get it today!
on December 5, 2012
I rarely write reviews, but I felt compelled to after reading this book. Let me first say that I think very highly of Harvey. I loved Swim With The Sharks and very much enjoy his weekly column.

Looking for a new book on sales, I was delighted to stumble upon this one. Seeing that it had received largely positive reviews, I took the plunge.

What a disappointment. Harvey absolutely mailed this one in. First, if you're looking for sales insights, you won't find them here. Try Zig's Secrets of Closing the Sale instead. I have no earthly idea how "MBA of Selling" is included in the title. The book is not about sales...it's not about anything really. It's a random collection of stories, quotes, blog posts, and interviews with "experts" you've never heard of. It's reminiscent of the old Seinfeld episode where J. Peterman buys a bunch of Kramer's stories and has Elaine try to turn them into a book.

Much of the book doesn't even read as though it was written by Harvey. For me, the worst parts were the chapters on social media, where Harvey, his ghost writer, or one of his "experts" would rattle off the virtues of Twitter, Facebook, etc. They could not possibly have come across as more inauthentic. Harvey is pushing 80 for crying out loud!

Don't waste your time or money on this one...just reread Swim With The Sharks.
on March 5, 2017
I LOVE THE Mackay MAN N HIS BOOKS.

REAL WORLD, REAL EDUCATIONAL, REAL INTERESTING AND ENTERTAINING READING.
on August 18, 2017
Interesting but lots of rehash of success stories that we have heard before. I found "NO" by Jim Camp far more relevant re: sales, also the negotiating text by Roger Dawson. But I have great respect for Mr. Mckay, his accomplishments and his work.
on November 20, 2011
When I bought this book I expected to read a lot about the process of selling, in stead this book is more about the process of living...and living well. I had to turn to the cover quite often to make sure I was still reading a book about 'Selling in the real world'. Mr. Mackay is a genius in describing the facts of life (and business) and he describes it in a very entertaining style, filled with real live stories of real live people. Not only is this book one of the most enjoyable reads I had in a long time, it's also one of the richest in terms of life lessons.

When the clients I coach ask me what my goal in life is I often tell them that I want to become a wise old man. A man who knows when to speak and knows when to listen, a man who knows when to act and when to be still, a man who knows when to teach and knows when to learn. Maybe I have to revisit my goal and respond to my clients that I want to become a Harvey Mackay.

If there's only one book you will read in your life time, make it this one.
on March 7, 2014
I have been influenced by Harvey Mackay for years. He is a wonderful writer. But, I don't just read and listen to his books because he is a good writer. I read and listen because he gets results. Results you can model and execute too.

The Mackay MBA of Selling in the Real World is packed full of great ideas that any sales professional of any level can benefit from...and when you truly think about it...we are all in sales. We sell ourselves. We sell our ideas, etc...

I highly recommend Harvey's book. Buy it now!

God bless,

Mark Bowser
www.amazon.com/author/markbowser
on May 22, 2017
Another Great book by The Master of Business. He's like having your own business mentor right at your hands.
on February 3, 2016
Awesome Thanks *****
on May 16, 2014
Mr. Harvey ' Swim con los Tiburones ' is one of the top business writers in America; I mean the world. This guy is spot on with more than just constructive advice. His thought process will propel; even the most mediocre salesperson into the stratosphere of high volume sales.

albert poledri
miami beach fl
on April 4, 2014
This is a gem of a book by one of the best salesman around, Harvey Mackay. This is a book you will want to study over and over. There are nuggets in each chapter that will not just make you a better salesperson to close the deal, also a better person.

Thanks Harvey for giving this gift to the world. Thanks for doing work that matters.

Be a hungry fighter. Be a hungry fighter. Be a hungry fighter.