- Orchestra: BBC Scottish Symphony Orchestra
- Conductor: Martyn Brabbins
- Composer: Sir Alexander Mackenzie
- Audio CD (May 8, 2012)
- Number of Discs: 1
- Format: Import
- Label: HYPERION
- ASIN: B007BJOMFM
- Average Customer Review: 5.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (1 customer review)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #315,181 in CDs & Vinyl (See Top 100 in CDs & Vinyl)
Mackenzie: Cricket on the Hearth Overture, Twelfth Night, Benedictus Import
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Upon its initial release in 1995, this recording of wonderfully theatrical orchestral music by Scottish composer Sir Alexander Mackenzie (1847-1945) revived an unfairly neglected composer's profile. The BBC Scottish Symphony Orchestra and Martyn Brabbins are on top form in these colorful showpieces, from the tuneful good cheer of The Cricket on the Hearth overture and the soaringly lovely Benedictus to the characterful incidental music for two Shakespeare plays, Twelfth Night and Coriolanus, as well as the Burns-inspired Second Scottish Rhapsody. This reissue in Hyperion's Helios series is certain to introduce a new audience to Mackenzie's irresistibly tuneful sound world.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?