Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis hots Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 32 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 37 reviews
on July 30, 2013
I've been using a Mackie mixer for 20 years, and it has never failed me, but this year I was involved in setting up sound for an outdoor theater company. (We were mixing three boundary mics, several instrument mics, and some wireless lavs for the actors.) The sound in this venue was unpredictable and had a lot to do with the weather and where audience members were sitting. Being able to walk around and play with levels and EQ was absolutely essential.

It worked flawlessly. The interface is intuitive, but I'd recommend walking through the videos on youtube to make sure you know how to use all of the features.

The sound was great, and it was really really fun. We were able to easoily set up separate monitors for the band and for the singers with separate mixes.

The compression, reverb, and gate functions are perfectly adequate for live sound.

The iPad batteries seem to drain faster than usual, so we always had to be sure it was fully charged before a show.

My only concern is that I won't be able to use this for 20 years, because eventually, iPads won't exist any more. I'm not worried about the Mackie mixer itself, though.
on July 1, 2017
The interface on this mixer is very clunky. I was running my subs through an aux port and mains out the mains. The mix interface is very confusing and many times it took three times longer to adjust my subs mix and main mix during the show. All in all it was very embarrassing as I was not able to to duck the music smoothly for mic usage. Desperately I had to use the gain knobs to control the levels which caused peaking issues on my QSCs.

I think it's close but it needs some improvements. I loved the built in EQ and RTA/Spectrum but the cumbersome interface ruined it for me. There built in iPad recording is a nice feature but I would like to see the iPad dock to the right allowing the home button to be on the right to accommodate the finger print reading for right handed people.... Sorry lefties.
on February 12, 2017
Wow! It's going to take me months to try out all of the things that this mixer will do.I'm already mixing using equalization and compression and I'm working on figuring out the Wi-Fi interface.
on April 5, 2013
Truly FANTASTIC product!
Very easy to learn and to operate this mixer.
I would recommend this mixer to anyone looking to simplify their sound rig. Everything is built into this unit.
The limitations are minor and the powerful mixing capabilities are awesome.
If I could add one thing to this unit it would be "Sub out" for a subwoofer mix. That is easily accomplished with the crossovers I already have. The only other thing is the limitation of not being able to play the music from my ipad in the "undocked" position. Not a big issue but it would be a bonus if I was able to do that.
on April 24, 2015
Amazing advancement in prosumer level digital audio boards. Works great, is intuitive once you play with it for a little bit and packs a ton of features that would either be otherwise to physically large and/or expensive to put together. Carry this in the bag and have many racks worth of processing at your fingertips.
on April 25, 2017
installed it and immediately wondered .... how did i manage living without it!! ... a symphony :)
on June 13, 2017
I love this mixer! Integration with the ipad as well as my iphone is the coolest thing ever.
on December 13, 2016
It works perfectly.! the size is so good, you can take it everywhere
on November 28, 2014
Easy to use.....light....lots of capability in a small form factor. Accessories such as the proper tray to fit your particular iPad and the rack mount are way too overpriced though. However.... mixer is a great tool and a good value.
on June 7, 2014
I bought this from Argentina and send to my friend's hostal in San Francisco without problems with the "one day shipping".

It's an awesome tool with an affordable price, the only thing that I don't like is the lack of level output for headphones.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.