Macs For Dummies 13th Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
- Set up your Mac, personalize the desktop, and navigate with Mission Control
- Browse the Web, keep in touch via e-mail, and make FaceTime calls
- Get the most from OS X and create cool projects with iLife
- Set up a network and keep your Mac safe
The easy way to get the most out of your new Mac
Moving to a Mac? Consider this book your welcome basket! With straightforward language and updated information on all the latest features in Apple’s Macintosh line of computers, this friendly guide gets you up and running on troubleshooting, syncing mobile devices, mastering the Dock, setting up a network, making video calls with FaceTime, and more.
- It’s Mac-tacular — get to know what’s so special about Macs, why they’re less likely to crash and burn than PCs, and how their versatility has oodles to offer
- Pick your apple — compare the different desktop and laptop models to choose your perfect match
- Get to the core — power on, navigate the desktop and menus, master the mouse, and connect to peripherals
- Live the iLife — take a tour of the iTunes jukebox, find out how to manage your music collection, get all your stuff in the Cloud, and download books, podcasts, videos, and more
- Customize and organize — make friends with OS X, manage files and folders, and create and print documents
- Make movies — capture footage, get it onto your Mac, make sense of postproduction, and share your iMovies with friends
Open the book and find:
- How to set up user accounts and configure your Mac
- The many ways to work with iWork
- A roadmap to navigating your desktop and menu bar
- The latest desktop and laptop models
- How to connect to Facebook, Twitter, and other social media sites
- Helpful troubleshooting advice
About the Author
Edward C. Baig is the Personal Tech columnist for USA Today, appears in USA TODAY Videos and on TV, and is the author of iPad For Dummies, 5th Edition and iPhone For Dummies, 6th Edition.
- Publisher : For Dummies; 13th edition (June 3, 2014)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 456 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1118898699
- ISBN-13 : 978-1118898697
- Item Weight : 1.48 pounds
- Dimensions : 7.4 x 0.9 x 9.3 inches
- Best Sellers Rank: #1,800,177 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer Reviews: