Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services Moonlight Moonlight Moonlight  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now Ellen

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-10 of 15 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 23 reviews
on October 20, 2005
When I ordered this book, I thought it was another one, which I'd seen in a Barnes and Noble bookstore some years ago. That one had pictures of a number of the "hosts" of the parade-like Jackie Gleason, etc. It was closer to a coffee table size. However, I was surprised when this one arrived. This has many more pictures than that book, and mainly of the balloons(which is really the best part). Plus it documents the history of the parade and its high points. This is, by far, the best thing I've ever found on the parade, in any form of media, whatsoever. I'll keep my eyes open for the other book, but this is the ONE to definitely get.
on January 23, 2017
Finally a book that gets history correct! Too bad Arcadia did not make this a large format hard cover book, but it is a fact based history based on research and information available at the time that details the events history in a easy to read and follow time-line! Great pics, posters and facts!
on February 28, 2017
a+
on October 13, 2016
Very interesting photographs of the balloons of the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. Well done, extremrly well written captions and chapter introductions.
on November 30, 2010
Great Book! The only reason I am not giving it 5 stars is that it did not arrive covered in plastic. Some of the glue from the envelope stuck to the book, causing part of the cover to tear off. This would not have happened if my purchase had been shrink wrapped. I needed the book for Thanksgiving and did not return it. The book is great. I was EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED in the way it was shipped to me.
on November 24, 2012
My nephew marched in this year's parade in the ALL AMERICAN BAND. Purchased the book for him as a primer before he traveled to NY. Prior to giving it to him, I read it. Interesting fact sheet but not totally reader friendly. Not recommended for bed time reading.
on January 29, 2005
I love this book....BUT it has a big lacking...there's no complete listing of which balloons were in each year's parade. I chatted with the author awhile back and he said such a list was forthcoming....but then we lost touch and I don't think it ever appeared. Does anyone have such a list so that I can insert it into the book....and then it will be a 5 STAR book! Thanks!
on January 4, 2014
Bought this book as a Christmas present for my Mom who was born in 1924, around the same time the parade began, she is thoroughly enjoying it.
on October 18, 2015
gift given
on February 5, 2014
Very nice product. I strongly recommend it and you will love it too. I am very happy with it because its very good.