Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Kids Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

on May 30, 2017
Librarian Faith West never expected her wedding to end with a text from her fiancee, well now ex. Deciding she is not boring like her ex inferred, she takes off for her singlemoon (honeymoon). It doesn't take long before she realizes she is just as sad there as she would be at home but then she meets fellow traveler Caine Hunter. Faith knows she is not the type to get involved in a fling but she jumps full in with Caine, that is until he finds out he works for her dad's competitor and was sent to spy on her. What happens next is the push she needed to make sure Caine know he made a big mistake with her because now she is mad, bad, and blonde.

You will get the full spectrum of the title while reading but this was an absolute delight. Faith manages to catch Caine off guard and they end up joining forces on an investigation into his father who he believes was falsely accused by Faith's dad. If your looking for a laugh out loud book to put a smile on your face this is one to pick up.
on April 22, 2016
Good book with good humor despite her troubles
on October 4, 2014
Great fast read! Perfect for a rainy Saturday by the fireplace or the beach! If you like Janet Evanovich you will love this author also!
on August 5, 2014
Good read. A mystery along with the romance.
on August 1, 2014
The woeful tale of a woman, Faith West, who is jilted at the alter but still goes on the honeymoon excursion to spite it all, and being stalked by hunky ex-military stud Caine Hunter was a good and potentially exciting, and hot, idea.

Then it all went downhill from there.

There were glimmers of hope, only to be dashed by eye-roll worthy scenes you've read before and while, not bad, you've read them before. A million times before. It's also slow, and kind of boring. It's not a hot and bothered sizzling type of contemporary romance--which is fine but then the character growth and plot development needs to make up for it. It doesn't have to be riveting or even deep, it just has to be interesting.

Linz, unfortunately, goes for every trope and cliche of a romance novel. Faith is likable enough but she's all over the place. Then there's the love interest--Caine. How many times do we have to be told how tormented, tough and wounded he is and all he needs is a feisty beautiful women to melt his hard-shelled heart? Show us, stop telling...and telling, and talking and telling. Also, I wasn't sure if it was meant to be campy but it definitely did but it either wasn't enough or too much.

The main crime of this book is the lack of any chemistry between our leads. It was so forced and predictable. The plot, meh, it was okay. Linz just didn't have a very good handle on her story or any idea where her characters were going, which was nowhere. They weren't interesting or stood out, they were predictable and bland.

Linz is a solid writer with good ideas. I will try her other books. Mad, Bad and Blonde is a light beach read that I'm sure most will enjoy because you don't have to think hard, invest much and can forget about immediately after you read it. For me, it was 5 Zzzzzz's on all accounts.
on February 22, 2014
If you are looking for a break from formulaic romance novels then this is the book for you. Although lacking in prose, it was a fun break. Our heroine finds herself jilted and in need of a change and Caine is just the man for her. I liked his strength and sense of purpose without the over dramatic "haunted hero" persona.
on December 23, 2013
If your looking for something with romance as well as entertaining, hilarious, adventurous then Cathie Linz's books are an excellent read.
on January 27, 2013
~3.5/5
[Also available on my blog.]

There were a couple of things that seemed to happen too quickly, that were a bit rushed, at the beginning, but that seemed to smooth out later on in the book, and overall this one was just pretty good.

Faith West, the daughter of the owner of West Investigations, gets left at the altar on her wedding day, and decides to go on her planned honeymoon to Italy alone. Where she meets Caine, who works for her father's rival, and who also has a personal vendetta against her father. Her father worked on a case involving Caine's father, and Caine doesn't think the case was handled very well at all, which he is trying to prove. At the same time, he and Faith are trying to ignore the attraction between them, which isn't working as well as they'd like.

I liked Faith enough, and I liked Caine enough. I liked them together, and enjoyed reading their scenes during the investigation. I liked the scenes with Faith and her family; all of their interactions were entertaining.

I did really like that Faith knew Caine's intentions pretty early on, that it wasn't kept a secret for over half the book, and instead that she took part of it. I also enjoyed reading about Faith's journey to finding herself. I liked that she was a librarian (if only because that's a career I've thought about pursuing and because I love books), but enjoyed her involvement with West Investigations, and liked how she started taking charge of her life.

I don't really have much to say. This was a very light, nice read, and I enjoyed it. It doesn't leave as big an impression as I'd like, but it was fun while I was reading it.

I'm looking forward to reading more by Linz, when I can get my hands on another of her books. I want to read the next in this series, about Megan, Faith's best friend and cousin, and there's also some books in a different series that I want to read.
on November 14, 2011
My first book by Cathie Linz - and you can believe I'll be getting all her others to read. I just hope they are all as fun as this one. I loved everything about this book, all the little facts shared about the characters. I loved the librarian tidbits, the ipod tunes, favorite books and movies, trivia references, etc., etc. And the quick repartee between the hero and heroine were fun, too. I would definitely recommend this book to lovers of light, romantic fiction with mystery thrown in. Thank you, Cathie Linz.
on October 26, 2010
I became friends with Cathie Linz on facebook. Whenever I become friends with an author I check out what their books are about and all that. Her book sounded really interesting so I finally saved up my pennies and got a copy. I am so happy I did this.

Now, my opinion! This book, to me, really stressed women empowerment. Faith, (and yes I find it funny that my main character in Vampyre Kisses is also named Faith ::giggles::) started out in this book feeling weak and vulnerable. Show of hands, how many have you felt that way? Cause I know I have! The reason I could really relate to her was also because she didn't know what she wanted but she wanted to do what would make her happy. She wanted to go "where your heart lies" (page 270) and I think some of us forget this.

We take jobs that are good enough for us because they pay the bills, but not because they make us happy. I for one want to find what Faith ended up finding. I think I have with my writing but I don't really get paid well enough to do that. But she didn't give up. She made decisions that were right for her. Even when they weren't the right decisions after all she still took what she could learn from them and kept going. That to me is a really amazing trait in a person.

The dynamic between Faith and Cain was a lot of fun to read. They hate each other but they just can't keep their hands off one another. That was so much fun cause you never knew where or when they were going to kiss next! It also holds you in suspense of wondering if they will be able to be together. Something you will have to read the book to figure out.

Also, the story line was fantastic. Personally, I'm a great detective when I what NCIS and read books. I normally figure out the ending pretty quick. I had a feeling I knew where this book was going but in the end I couldn't figure out how Cain was going to react. That was what really pushed me to finish this book; because depending on his reaction would make him able to be with Faith or not.

Truly, I really enjoyed reading this book. I am a slow reader to begin with but the longer I take on a book normally means it isn't really exciting me. I finished this book in four days. It would have been sooner but I had a Roller Derby bout on Saturday and went to Frightland on Sunday. I hope my review gets you hyped up to read this book. I truly can't wait for the second one to come out!

Best quote from book: "Faith was such a strange combination of vulnerability and strength, of power and empathy, of primness and passion. And he loved her, God help him." (page 253)

I think that quote explains the way the reader ends up feeling about Faith in the book as well. At least, it did for me. '

Happy Reading!