- Shipping Weight: 1 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Domestic Shipping: Item can be shipped within U.S.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- ASIN: B01FLURUBA
- Item model number: 304
- Average Customer Review: 4.5 out of 5 stars See all reviews (280 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #121,190 in Sports & Outdoors (See Top 100 in Sports & Outdoors) Product Warranty: For warranty information about this product, please click here
Mad Bomber Original Hat
|Price:||$20.76 - $49.99|
- 100% Other Fibers
- Natural Rabbit, Fur Origin: China
- We built our reputation on this hat! this original Mad Bomber hat began our journey to becoming the world's largest bomber hat manufacturer
- A genuine rabbit fur trimmed shell lined with 100% quilted Recycled polyester reflect our love for earth and commitment to using natural resources
- Features Classic Mad Bomber earflaps - keep them down for warmth or fold up and snap in place for better hearing
- More options! for maximum warmth, wear chin flaps around your chin, or change the look and fold them up to wear the hat cap style
- Mad Bomber is a registered trademarked brand
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
The original Mad Bomber hat features: genuine rabbit fur trimmed nylon shell with 100% quilted recycled polyester lining, earflaps that can be worn down for warmth or flipped up and snapped above the ears, and a chin strap that will keep you warm and your hat in place or may also be folded up on top of your head and snapped in place, allowing you to wear hat cap style. Is a trademarked registered brand
Top Customer Reviews
I have a small head (even for a woman) and the medium size works for me. I can wear it alone, but it's a tad loose fitting and the top of it comes down lower onto my forehead than I like. Since I work construction I'm usually wearing a ballcap and I actually prefer just popping this on right over the top of it. This adds a brim as a sun shade and also keeps the hat from slipping down into my eyes when I'm working.
I've found I can also wear other hats underneath it as a liner when it's really brutal outside. This hat (along with a majority of hats) won't cover the lower back of the neck. My favorite combination I discovered is wearing it over this one Outdoor Research Sun Runner Cap, Medium, Hydro (a sun hat with flaps) as a liner during freezing winds - it provides great neck protection. This hat battens down the thin flaps of the sun hat - which I tuck into the collar of my coat for a continuous windproof neck shield with no gaps and without having to wear a bulky scarf. The combination works great! Of all the years working out in the cold I've never had a combination which kept my head/ears/neck warm, while being able to work, move, and see well like this one. While others keep messing with and shifting their coat collars up against the wind - I keep working, warm and snug as a bug in a rug.
I have a rather large head and may get an XL hat from time-to-time. This time I went with the XXL which works great because I can actually wear a thin Smartwool watch cap underneath, for instance while skiing or snowshoeing and sweating, and then plunk the Bomber down on top without having to expose a bare head to the cold.
Points to consider: Though the Bomber is very comfortable and warming around the ears, like all Bombers it does leave the back of the neck exposed. Wear a neck gaiter or scarf to save some heat there. It is made of real rabbit fur and does shed an occasional hair or two on the nylon or on my jacket but not to any troubling degree.
I would heartily recommend it to anyone wanting an extra measure of warmth that stocking or watchman's caps just cannot deliver. I would not have fared nearly as well in the sub-zero stretch in Minnesota this winter without it.
For those who are wondering, the fur is sourced in China, and the hat itself is assembled in China (according to the label).
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I highly recommend it!Read more