4 Year PC Peripheral Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- Covers failures due to power surge and other mechanical and electrical breakdowns.
- No deductibles or hidden fees. Shipping included on all repairs. Fully transferable.
- Easy claims process online 24/7. If we can't fix it, we will send you an Amazon e-Card reimbursement for your product purchase price.
- Plan term and select coverage begins date of purchase and is inclusive of the manufacturer's warranty. All other coverage begins after the manufacturer's warranty expires. Plan is fully refunded if canceled within 30 days.
- Plan contract will be emailed from Asurion within 24 hours of purchase. This will not ship with your product.
Mad Catz R.A.T. PRO X Ultimate Gaming Mouse with PixArt ADNS-9800 Laser Sensor Module for PC
To access this option, go to Your Orders and choose Get product support.
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Interchangeable modules let you employ a laser sensor or optical sensor and trade them at will. Swap for a different sensor as technology and games advance.
- Revolutionary Scroll Wheel System-Analog strafe. Wheel pivots sideways for an extra analog axis that enables pinpoint precision.
- Strong and reliable components include magnesium alloy, titanium, and carbon fiber. Super hydrophobic coatings help keep your hand dry in the heat of battle.
- Trade sensors, scroll wheels, feet, pinkie grips, and palm/thumb rests. Just about everything you touch can conform to your hand.
- Pro Slide Technology with Teflon and Ceramic Feet
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
From the manufacturer
Changing the Game… Again
R.A.T. PRO X heralds a new generation in high-performance adjustable gaming mice. Easily switchable components mean R.A.T. PRO X might just be the last gaming mouse you’ll ever need.
Future-Proof Your Game
As technology advances, your mouse can now advance alongside it. R.A.T. PRO X offers your choice of optical and laser sensors, each with memory for up to 9 profiles. And when a new sensor comes along, you can simply swap-in a new module.
Our new magnesium alloy chassis is nimble yet incredibly strong. Plus, you can trade or adjust just about everything that comes in contact with your hand. We analyzed every single aspect of what makes a great gaming mouse. We then assembled one that’s all but guaranteed to elevate your rank on the leaderboards.
The World’s Most Advanced Gaming Mouse
- Your Choice of 3 Hot-Swappable Sensor Units with Built-In Memory
- Magnesium Alloy Chassis is Quick, Light, and Ultra-Tough
- Completely Reinvented Optical Scroll Wheel System
- Analog Scroll Wheel with Pivot/Strafe and Adjustable Tension
- Pro Slide Technology with Teflon and Ceramic Feet
- Assign 90 Programmable Commands to ANY Game
- Full Suite of Components for Any Gaming Situation
Interchangeable Sensor Modules
Various sensors cater to different games and styles of play. Rather than dictate your mouse’s sensor, we let you choose between 1 of 3 different models with your purchase. As your play style changes or new sensors become available, our modular design lets you upgrade just the sensor. This makes R.A.T. PRO X essentially futureproof. No matter if you like your DPI high, your lift-off height adjustable, or your surface calibration automatic, R.A.T. PRO X can harbor a sensor to meet your needs.
PixArt ADNS-9800 Laser Sensor Module
The PixArt 9800 is the tried-and-true workhorse in the world of PC gaming. The high DPI gives you the tactical advantage in the heat of battle. Lock-on to opponents and fire shots before they can get you, courtesy of an accurate 8200 DPI. Shooter fans can execute perfect headshots. They’re no longer annoyed when trying to maintain control, even when lifting the mouse. Quick-scopers, no-scopers, and casual gamers alike will all improve their game with the PixArt 9800. This is the most popular sensor on the market today. If you’re looking for proven sensor performance, this one’s for you.
PixArt ADNS-9800 Laser
- True 8200 DPI—More than covers you, even with a 4K monitor. No trickery, either. You’ll always know you’re getting 100% accurate tracking and genuine data.
- Adjustable Lift-Off Height—3mm down to 0.3mm. Lower settings help prevent accidental input after lifting the mouse. Also caters to those who prefer the feel of higher lift-off.
- Angle Snapping—Helps you draw straight lines in image editing programs. Prefer your input genuine and uncorrected? Simply disable this feature.
Reinventing the (Scroll) Wheel
We didn’t just redesign the scroll wheel, we created an all-new system. Conventional scroll wheels use mechanics, but our revolutionary system uses optics. This empowers you to precisely calibrate tension and speed, and even swap out the wheel itself.
Switching and calibrating wheels is fantastic, but the innovation doesn’t stop there. The standout upgrade – a world’s first! – consists of two words: analog strafe. Because the entire scroll wheel mechanism and optical encoder harmonize as one unit, the wheel can pivot independently from the rest of the mouse! It doesn’t merely click when pressed left or right. Better still, it emulates a controller’s analog stick.
The wheel can pivot side-to-side to give you an extra, fully analog axis. Another axis opens up the possibility of ‘peeking’ out from behind cover, or even circle-strafing enemies. And in space sims that use an additional rotation axis, you can navigate your ship with perfect analog precision. This breakthrough control method gives you a distinct advantage over the competition – something you’ll find only on R.A.T. PRO X.
Perfect Your Grip
Adjustability in the palm of your hand is part of what defines a R.A.T. Without the means to customize and truly make it your own, it’d be just another gaming mouse. The palm rests on almost every R.A.T. let you make lateral and vertical adjustments. Hungry for more, we gave R.A.T. PRO X yet another way to adapt to your grip. Now you can rotate your palm rests – from 0-15 degrees – along the core axis. Interchangeable pinkie grips and thumb rests not only fight fatigue, they let you dial-in your grip until the mouse feels like a natural extension of your hand. You get 3 different palm rests, 2 thumb wings, and 3 pinkie rests. You also get the benefit of being able to comfortably shift hand positions during prolonged matches.
Slide like a Pro
Customization goes from top to bottom, and our PST is the final layer. Pro Slide Technology gives you a choice in how quickly the mouse glides across your mouse pad. This doesn’t just let you choose between fast or slow, it lets the mouse adapt to the surface it’s on. Of course, this includes Mad Catz’ very own G.L.I.D.E.TE mouse pad. We liken this technology to swapping tires on a car, only much easier to change. Different seasons and road conditions call for different levels of traction. And the same goes for mouse pads. Use either ceramic or Teflon feet to vary the way your mouse stops, starts, and handles. All for the sake of increased accuracy on whatever surface you prefer.
From the look to the feel to the performance, R.A.T. PRO X is precise and fine-tuned. We found the best materials for every component, each designed to enhance speed and longevity. We improved agility with a magnesium alloy chassis that’s lighter and stronger than any we’ve ever made before. Titanium screw fittings and a carbon fiber thumb-plate further reinforce the mouse. Now you can change direction quicker than ever. Superhydrophobic coatings help keep your hand dry in the heat of battle. That means less chance of one little slip costing you a match. And with magnesium alloy on the primary buttons, you get quicker, more reliable actuation. Swift yet strong, comfortable, and deeply customizable, R.A.T. PRO X exists to make you a better gamer.
|Mad Catz R.A.T. PRO X with Philips PLN2037 twin-eye laser Sensor Module||Mad Catz R.A.T. PRO X with PixArt ADNS-9800 Laser Sensor Module||Mad Catz R.A.T. PRO X with PixArt PMW3310 Optical Sensor Module||Philips PLN2037 twin-eye laser Sensor Module for Mad Catz R.A.T. PRO X||PixArt ADNS-9800 Laser Sensor Module for Mad Catz R.A.T. PRO X||PixArt PMW3310 Optical Sensor Module for Mad Catz R.A.T. PRO X|
|Adjustable Lift-off Height||✓||✓||-||✓||✓||-|
|Magnesium Alloy Chassis||✓||✓||✓||-||-||-|
|Analog Scroll Wheel with Pivot/Strafe||✓||✓||✓||-||-||-|
|Adjustable Scroll Wheel Tension||✓||✓||✓||-||-||-|
|Rotatable & Extendable Palm Rests||✓||✓||✓||-||-||-|
|Extra Palm Rests, Thumb Rests & Pinkie Grips||✓||✓||✓||-||-||-|
|2 Sets of Glide Feet - 1 Teflon Set & 1 Ceramic Set||✓||✓||✓||-||-||-|
Any electronic device is only as good as the sum of its parts. In gaming mice, a sensor is the most important piece of the puzzle. And with Mad Catz' R.A.T. PRO X, you need not be afraid of your sensor becoming outdated. Hot-swappable modules help ensure that as sensors inevitably improve, R.A.T. PRO X improves with them. But it's not just the sensor that you can modify. Almost everything you can touch is also interchangeable and adjustable. Nimble, robust, and immensely customizable, R.A.T. PRO X is the world's most advanced gaming mouse.
Showing 1-4 of 107 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I used my Cyborg RAT 7 for 6 years and loved every minute of it. The customization is amazing, i have huge hands and being able to stretch that palm rest back is beyond comfortable and a feature no other mouse can tout. The old RAT 7 was starting to have issues i couldn't solve so i caved in and my new RAT PRO X showed up 3 hours ago.
Setup was cake. Driverless? Who needs drivers in 2016 anyway!
Magnetic attachments for the hot swappable lasers and low friction slide pads? Genius.
Software is solid, graphically clean and simple. I like it much more than the 2010 software i had for the RAT 7!
I'll try to update the review in a few days after I've had more than an hour of game time with it, but so far it has been phenomenal. Excellent responsiveness and the clicks feel so... deadly.
P.S. CERAMIC "ULTRA LOW FRICTION" is not a figure of speech, the mouse looked like it could almost defy the laws of physics with those pads. It just kept sliding... off my mouse pad... off my desk... out the window...
Below you will find pictures of how to complete this process. If you have any questions feel free to ask.
(This process is for Windows 8.1 but should be simaler to other windows)
To start go to Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Devices and Printers > Right click 'RAT PRO X' > Click properties > Go to Hardware tab > Find the HID compliant game controller driver and disable it.
I've owned many R.A.T mice, I can honestly say this has no more customization than others. Before I begin, let me state that madcatz mice are my top choices, I hate all their other products though. The last RAT mouse I owned was the RAT 9.
Let's start off with what this mouse does well.
- it feels sturdy ( as all rats do)
- looks great
- the dpi button is easy to reach and the LCD indicator is easy to see.
- finger safety on the left mouse trigger
- Padded triggers ( I really like this new feature)
- palm rest moves and now the angle is adjustable ( this is my favorite new feature)
- custom scroll wheels are well made
- changeable scroll strength ( love this new feature too)
- snapple sensors and easy quick snap
- the analogue scroll wheel ( while I havent seen a game utilize this, u can set it to "e" and "q" and use it to lean,) this is a nice feature
- they got rid of the useless side thumb scroll wheel
- insanely accurate
Ok so now let's get to what it's missing
- the thumb pad does not move forward or out like in the RAT 9 (majorly disappointed this was not included)
- no weights ( this mouse is super light- many people love light mice- but I personally like a heavy mouse- so no option to add weights is another major disappointment)
-software has some bugs- I have experienced some freezes and some basic issues with the program- example I tell a new profile to use thumb button 1 and 2 to be forward and backward on web pages. Yet nothing happens. If I leave the option blank, the default overrides the button and allows it to be used as a forward back. I understand it's confusing but if you used the program you would understand- store after a year this software shouldn't be buggy.
- it's just overpriced. It's lacking features the RAT 9 has/ not wireless ( which is ok), but I don't see how it's worth 200
- profile changer is only bottom of the mouse( would be better to put it on the finger safety on the left trigger like on RAT 9.
Overall I do like the mouse and it has helped improve my accuracy in FPSs due to the overall design. It's also comfortable but it's lacking many features that the RATs are known for.
So would I recommend it. Yes and no. If you love RAT mice then I would say do it. I only use RATs now. If you have the cash and want a mouse you can fit to your hand for the most part- buy it. But if you are just branching into computers or aren't an avid gamer- I would say don't buy it. Instead go with the gskill version- it doesn't have the customization but it's a lot cheaper and will work.
So lastly to mad cats. I know this is suppose to be your last mouse and it's futureproof, but I would say make just one more and ad all features. heck, send me a prototype and I'll give you my opinion on it.
Steelseries Rival,Razer Deathadder Chroma,2013,Steelseries Sensei, Mionix naos 7000, final mouse 2015,RAT 7,FUNC MSR3-2,LOGITECH G400S,RAZER OUROBORUS,g502
And now this, i have to say that this is the best mouse out of them in my opinion because the fact that is so light and accurate for counter strike global offensive and also is comfortable for long session of gaming and the fact that you can adjust the length of the palm rest and also adjust the degrees of it to find your perfect position in which you feel like you are comfortable
Comfort: 9.5/10 Not everything is perfect but this mouse is getting close to it
Quality:9/10 Because is not aluminum and mainly good quality plastic with nice feel to it,feels like rubberize coating from mionix naos 7000
Color:9/10 the mouse is actually green and not yellow as you can see in the picture and the cable is like a green yellow but mostly yellow
Performance:10/10 you cant go wrong in term of performance, i might do a video of me playing cs go so you guys can see how accurate im being with it in just 4 hours of having this mouse, not even a day!
Switches:10/10 The switches doesn't have any delays, easy to press,good feel and feedback coming from them
Software:0/10 Can't rate the software because they haven't put it on their website and that is what piss me off,which means that you can't set your dpi to whatever you want but luckily you still can change from 3 dpi default settings which the first one is 800, and that is perfectly fine with me because that has always being my dpi
OVERALL,I GIVE IT A 9.25/10 And for making me do this review which is my first one ever.
Extra information about me: I'm from Dominican Republic currently living in New York and trying to dominate the English language and have fun with my friends playing games.