About the Product
- Exciting, visceral gameplay. Created exclusively for the Wii, MADWORLD features fast and instinctive arcade-style gameplay with brutal finishing moves delivered by the Wii Remote and Nunchuk.
- Massive playing field to explore. Varrigan City is divided into six completely unique areas. Anything in the environment - sign posts, garbage cans, passing trains, etc. ¿ can be used to attack enemies.
- Over-the-top violence and irreverent content. Exaggerated characters, monstrous bosses and outrageous commentary add to the irreverent and humorous tone.
- Unique graphic novel style. Black and white stylized graphics immerse players in an innovative world.
- Multiplayer mini-games. Throughout each level players can polish their skills and punish their opponents in several fun, ultra violent, mini-games with friends.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Varrigan City has fallen under the control of a terrorist group known as the Organizers, and they have a rather twisted sense of fun. Under the Organizers' rule, all citizens are forced to participate in a game called "Death Watch," in which there's only one rule: Kill or be killed. Into the game steps Jack, a mysterious participant practiced at setting traps, engaging in hand-to-hand combat and other useful skills. But will Jack be able to survive Death Watch and ultimately beat the terrorists at their own brutal game?Key Game Features:
- Play as Jack, a mysterious participant in the Organizers' Death Watch game whose ultimate goal is to save the terrorized city
- Explore six different areas of Varrigan City and interact with the environment, using anything in the environment, from sign posts to passing trains, to attack your enemies
- Utilize your Wii Remote and Nunchuk to battle hand-to-hand with daggers, bats, chainsaws and other weapons while delivering brutal finishing moves
- Watch this insane and innovative world come to life before you in a unique black-and-white graphic novel artwork style
- Earn points in the Death Watch game for your bloodiest, most creative kills — the more points you earn, the better your chances of staying alive to save the city
- Improve your skills and punish your opponents in a series of ultraviolent multiplayer mini games available in each level
- Listen to humorous commentary from sports announcers who offer play-by-play on the spectacular mayhem
Play as the mysterious Jack, relying on your wits and your brawn to set ingenious traps, pummel opponents and fight hand-to-hand using your Wii Remote and Nunchuk controller to turn anything in the environment into a weapon, from daggers and chainsaws to sign posts and garbage cans. Hone your skills in exciting, ultraviolent multiplayer mini games, then launch yourself into the Death Watch game and attempt to rack up wildly creative and bloody kills that will earn you points and increase your chance of survival. And while you kill and maim, enthusiastic announcers offer entertaining sports-style commentary of the game highlights, heightening the surreal feeling of this undeniably MadWorld.
Top Customer Reviews
Madworld puts you in the shoes of Jack, a 40-something who has been thrown into the most horrific game show in America: DeathWatch. Jack must fight and kill to survive, for he's been poisoned, and every kill gives him longer to live. However, DeathWatch is all about entertainment. You see, you may have a chainsaw and fists, but the audience wants more than you to beat up some dudes. Your challenge is to create combos by performing multiple maneuvers on an enemy.
For instance, stab a couple of road signs into a goon, put a trash can over his head, then use a spiked baseball bat to launch him into a dumpster where he'll be sliced in half. The violence is so over the top, that as bad as it sounds, it's actually really hilarious. Don't take me for a psychopath, because when you begin to dig in, you'll laugh too. Of course, there may be instances where you'll wince, but it's all in good fun.
Without going into too much detail, here's what you can expect. Scattered throughout each level are minigames called "Bloodbath Challenges." You'll be given a new way to kill people in a certain number of time and rounds. Most are fun enough to warrant multiple plays to get higher scores. Also, you'll encounter some fantastically spectacular bosses, each escalating in difficulty, and each with some truly cinematic action.Read more ›
1. Kill guys until your score gets high-enough...
2. A station will then pop-up, this triggers the mini-game, where you usually throw or smash guys
3. Kill more till your score activates the next trigger, which will be the boss-battle
Note: Every stage has a time limit of 30 Minutes.
All games have a repetitive nature, so I tend to overlook that criticism. However, this game deserves it. Because when you're killing people you're not really doing anything but trying to get it over with to activate the next trigger. This is not a platformer game, where you jump, walk, and progress through the stage. The stages are setup as small areas and guys keep respawning once you kill them. No way to level or improve your character. It just seems pointless and boring.
It has a very comic book feel to it as the designers intended. If you hit someone it says "Blam" or whatever. Also set in black and white, with only the blood and some lettering and on-screen prompts set with yellow highlights.
Everything I read from critic & user reviews was true:
1. Redundant & game gets less fun as you play for a couple hours
2. If you die too much at the big boss and lose all your lives, you have to start all over again (annoying)
3. Black & White screen can be tiresome on eyes if played for an extended period of time
I am a hardcore gamer, and I am pretty crucial on all games. Here is my personal breakdown: 1-10 (1 being crappy and 10 is best game ever)
Graphics 8.0 (only if you appreciate different visual art styles)
Sound 7.5 (some of the music and voices may get repetitive, but all games have some repetition)
Ease of use 8.0 (just watching someone will teach you how to play in minutes)
Fun 8.5 (it is adult fun, do not let young kids play this)
Replay value 8.5 (what makes this game is you can make killing combos which increase your score, you can come up with dozens of ways to dispose of your opponent; making high score runs exciting for experienced players.)
Overall score 8.0
Overall, this is a must have for adult wii owners whom have been looking for something violent, bloody, and at times grotesque.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
All around me are familiar faces
Worn out places, worn out faces
Bright and early for the daily races
Going nowhere, going nowhere
The tears are filling... Read more
This was a very unique title, especially for the original Wii, which, aside from a small handful of games, did not have anything as gleefully violent as this. Read morePublished 5 months ago by Alexander Tosspot