Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One ft Nina Nesbitt PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Format: Blu-ray|Change

Showing 1-10 of 99 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 111 reviews
on August 20, 2017
Superb!
Visually stunning and full of information on each special animal specie living in each unique habitat of the island. Well worth your time and money. A true gem in my collection. :)
on January 9, 2015
Wow, this is beautiful! This is so relaxing, enjoyable, and educational. I can't believe how this footage comes to be because the video is just unbelievably clear. It's better than watching in real life. This video attracts my whole family, and I love the quality time it creates for us. I also love that it's a nature show with almost no violence. I always cringe watching lions take down little deer, and there's none of that that I recall in this video. Hours of brilliance!
on December 3, 2015
fascinating content, beautiful images
on January 14, 2014
I bought this 2 disk set in anticipation of a trip to Madagascar. I loved the videos, the narration, everything. It prepared me well for my trip (27 days travelling all over the island) and since I have returned, I love watching it to remember all the terrific and unique creatures that call this island home. Yes, there are a lot of lemurs in this program, but this is the only place in the world where lemurs live. To see them in real life, up close and personal as I did, was amazing. To see the blind, upside down cave fish was unique. The landscape fascinating. These videos covered all possible animals and adventures that one might see in this remarkable land and I loved them and will watch over and over and over.
on June 16, 2013
I agree with the other 5 star reviewers, how can you go wrong? Filmed in high definition, many hours of preparation, patience and luck brings in the jackpot. Great drama and beauty from a unique place on earth, hosted by, one of the most qualified narrators to bring us these types of nature programs. Presenting the immense beauty of our planet, with a realistic look at what we humans are doing to our planet to destroy the diversity of the planet, while showing the good, that some are undertaking to protect it. Both educational and entertaining, this is the most valuable use of Blu-Ray that I can imagine.
on March 24, 2015
Delivered as promised - very good documentary. The photography was amazingly detailed. I'm headed to Madagascar this year and feel like I've already been after watching this.
on August 7, 2014
Friends told me about this doco and how appealing the Lemurs were, and of course with a voice over by David what could go wrong? Well sending a DVD to New Zealand with a US only region code is what went wrong, how hard can it be to either say "we can't send you the appropriate region code" or, "Hey! you do know this DVD is for the USA don't you?". I guess landing man on the moon was our civilization's nadir and we can now only look forward to a slow descent into excuses and corporate double speak as man's lasting scratch upon this Earth.
on April 17, 2014
I am a big fan of the BBC and David Attenborough and the films produced have been great to watch and very educational. All of the films I have watched are great for the classroom and very good for young children learning about some of nature’s great wonders. Madagascar is a great documentary film on the wildlife off the coast of Africa. The research work shows the interactive nature of unique species and animal life. There is some great scenes and photography and the commentary is excellent with David Attenborough. I recommend this film for the whole family.
on June 2, 2016
By far one of the better documentary I've seen. The quality was amazing. I got this on such a good deal that it was totally worth the purchase. View this on an HDTV.
on November 17, 2016
I got this one as a gift for my dad, since he admires so many of the other BBC/Attenborough productions. Sure enough, this is beautifully crafted with lots of beautiful pictures and interesting information. Well worth watching again and again.