Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 519 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 625 reviews
on January 2, 2016
I thought this was the best of the 3 Madagascar movies. This one is so much fun, the adults liked it as much as the kids!
It tells the story of how Alex ended up at the zoo and introduces us to his family.
I also loved the scenes with Moto Moto and although the kids didn't get the meaning of what was being said, I loved it.

I recommend this movie for young and old alike.
on March 12, 2016
Cute and hilarious cartoon movie to watch for the whole family. My son (6 year old) absolutely loves this cartoon and asks to watch it all the time, non-stop. I think I already know all the words by heart now. He never gets sick and tired of it and it never gets old for him. I would definitely recommend this for the whole family, as it's appropriate and fun for all ages, even adults.
on April 26, 2014
King Julian & the penguins...the slightly fem lion and those other of his so called 'friends' are really just vehicles for the adult viewer to watch penguins and the king and MAURICE!! Let's face it, this movie is all about what the adults get out of it. Look, I even tried out some of Moto Moto's lines on my wife. Now, as soon as I'm released from sleeping on the camping cot in the garage, I can fish the movie out of the trash and really get down to memorizing those Moto Moto lines. I want to use them in front of her at our garden parties; YEOW! Great movie; a paradigm of my own life. What to do when you crash and have to make the best of it. Scholars will show this film in film school thirty years from now for its deep and prolific meanings and subtlety. Now, why did she lock the garage door from the outside? Ugh...when my phone battery dies it will be too dark in here.
on July 11, 2013
When you "purchase" a video from Amazon, please be aware that you do not own it. You have a license to use the video for an "indefinite" viewing period. In our case, it was about two weeks for Madagascar 2. Our son watched this movie all the way through only once, and when he asked to watch "lions dancing movie" again, we could no longer watch it.

This is obviously very misleading. People think purchasing intellectual property means that they own it.

It is clear from other comments that others had the same experience.

Amazon needs to discontinue the "purchase" option from Amazon Instant Video if "purchase" does not have its common meaning.

UPDATE: Amazon did refund the entire purchase price after we submitted a request for a refund. This worked out well for us, since our son got to watch the movie, and we got our money back after our access was revoked. I upped the review from one star to two star since, let's be honest, Madagascar 2 is no Madagascar, much less Lion King, and I'm kind of glad to not have this in our relatively small queue of movies of which we own digital copies. I continue to think that Amazon needs to be more clear if you can lose access to videos that you "purchase" on Amazon Instant Video.
on March 16, 2017
Thanks
on December 16, 2016
great family fun
on March 21, 2017
Great movie, as a parent I can watch this with my daughter and enjoy it.
on October 11, 2016
A family favorite full of music, dancing, and comedy. We already owned it but my daughter scratched up the disc and was very unhappy when it skipped because it ruined the music. Even though the disc was used, it was in perfect condition and doesn't skip at all so she dances and screams and jumps when it comes on again. It's worth buying a new (used) disc just to watch her enjoyment of the movie.
on April 10, 2017
This was well written and performed. Kids love it!
on August 14, 2017
Great movie, the kiddos love it!