Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7, starting at $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite uncharted Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 76 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 148 reviews
on October 11, 2015
Although I enjoyed this memoir and certainly admire Madeline Albright, I found that her writing style was too factual, simply recounting the facts rather than giving much insight into her own emotions about the events and decisions. Perhaps she's just a very private person. I found I enjoyed the first part of the book more, particularly the part about her discovery that 3 of her 4 grandparents were actually Jewish, which was hidden from her as she was growing up. Much of the rest of the book seemed to consist of her bragging about or defending decisions she made as UN Ambassador and Secretary of State.I read this for a women's book group,and most of us agreed that we were looking for a bit more personality in the book.
on August 30, 2016
This book was great reading,Madeleine, was a good secretary for the U.S.. I am going to share my book with a teacher that I used to work with. Reading this book gives a reader an in sight to the working of the U. S Secretary of State. Trump could not handle the presidency after reading about how a person has to handle the personalities of European diplomatically.
on May 12, 2014
I loved this book. It is a large book, but I couldn't put it down; had to finish it before beginning my book club reading. I have been recommending this book to all my family and friends. It is very educational, full of history, politics and personal life achievements as well as sorrow. Albright writes with passion and clarity. She was born in my cohort so I found this exceptionally stimulating and informative. She could have made a great president had she been allowed to run for the presidency. This book was inspirational and full of energy. Should be required reading for all ages. The machinations of policy and politics behind the scenes was so informative and exciting. Can't say enough about this book. Be sure to read beyond the end to see the photos and other information provided to document the writing of the book. WOW, I bought this on my Kindle App, but I want the hard copy now to have it on my book shelves for posterity.
on December 27, 2010
What a fascinating woman and what a journey she has been on throughout her life. Being an Australian, I was not drawn to purchase this book because of any political bias, I was just interested to learn more about her as a person and what lead her to become Secretary of State. The book is extremely well written and I found it hard to put it down. It never got bogged down in the political side but gave insight into political events and decisions that were very interesting. I would love to meet her in person - she is intelligent, resourceful, dogmatic in her determination to do everything in her power to ensure the well-being of America and its interests yet comes across as humble and I suspect she has a wicked sense of humor. I am full of admiration of what she has achieved in her life and I would recommend this book to anyone who would like to know more about the person behind the position.
on October 31, 2013
Madeleine Albright's auto-biography is a good book for anyone interested in her years as Secretary of State, as well as providing a clear narration of her life that led up to that point. I found this a great read, giving me insights into her thinking and decision-making on many key points in her tenure as SecState, including her thoughts on the Balkans as well as U.S. (in)action in Rwanda. Highly recommend this book.
on January 7, 2017
A most instructive, honest and delightful biography, recalled in fascinating detail and brilliantly written, reflecting the determination and courage of one of America,s most outstanding immigrants.
on July 25, 2017
I've always admired Secretary of State, Madeleine Albright, and I greatly enjoyed and was impressed by her autobiography.
on February 2, 2016
Loved it, love her, love DC. Even if your not the politics type, it's a great read and makes you aware of so many important issues handled during her time in office. If you have lived in DC, I recommend it even more!
on July 12, 2014
Madeleine Albright is a woman to be admired for her contribution to our country. In addition, her writing is superb and easy to read! I found this book enjoyable and very informative!
on June 2, 2013
She made me understand what was really happening in the world behind all the confusing sensational headlines. I wish I had known it at the time.