This item is available because of the Add-on program
Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping.
Ship it to us for free.
We are unable to process your trade-in order.
About the product
- The new system uses a player's momentum and over 100 new tackle animations, including 40 gang tackles,
- To provide more impactful hits, stolen tackles, and consecutive hit tackling.
- The Number 1 most requested feature allows you to build the ultimate game plan by modifying an existing playbook
- Player degradation system that affects uniforms and helmets based on weather and field surface, 3D grass, and new player specific animations.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Madden NFL 12 continues the rich tradition of the storied franchise by bringing fans closer to the NFL than ever before. Featuring all 32 teams, stadiums, and your favorite players in the league, Madden NFL 12 is True to the Game.
Madden NFL 12 continues the rich tradition of the storied franchise by bringing fans closer to the NFL than ever before. Featuring all 32 teams, stadiums, and your favorite players in the league, Madden NFL 12 is true to the game.
All-New Collision System
Now maintain full control of players up to the point of impact - from tackling to blocking - providing the most authentic collisions in franchise history. This new system uses a player's momentum and over 100 new tackle animations, including 40 gang tackles, to provide more impactful hits, stolen tackles, and consecutive hit tackling.
Advanced Defensive AI
Over 100 defensive A.I. enhancements resulting in the smartest Madden defense ever. Players in zone and man coverage will properly recognize and react to plays, including the ability to break out of assignments when appropriate, resulting in a defensive team that truly works together.
The #1 most requested feature by fans in recent years, allows you to build the ultimate game plan by modifying an existing playbook or creating your own by selecting up to 400 offensive or defensive plays from 75 different playbooks. Integrate your custom playbook into a game plan for use with the improved GameFlow system, which executes an authentic, situational game plan for you.
Experience NFL Sundays like never before with completely overhauled presentation, including 32 team-specific run outs featuring mascots and cheerleaders, over 500 dynamic broadcast cameras authentic to every NFL stadium, innovative "real" on-field cameras shot by expert NFL Films cameramen, and a network inspired new broadcast graphics package.
Unprecedented On-Field Authenticity
Hundreds of visual improvements across all areas of the game including: new player equipment, helmet stickers, pylon and ball physics, a player degradation system that affects uniforms and helmets based on weather and field surface, 3D grass, and new player specific animations that showcase the personalities of each NFL player.
Build a Franchise
Over 100 new features and enhancements for franchise fanatics that includes expanded rosters, cut days in preseason, an all-new rookie scouting system, a free-agent bidding system, player roles, hot and cold streaks in-season, and much more.
Be a Superstar
Control the growth of your superstar thanks to an all-new progression system that allows you to earn skill points by participating in practice and games. The on-field experience is also enhanced by brand new position-specific coordinator audio that coaches your growth as an NFL player.
New tackling animations.
Feel the new weather physics.
Enhanced defensive AI.
Top customer reviews
New year same old madden... Graphics are always with EA years ahead of everyone but game play is lacking once again. STILL DB's are perfect, DL's and LB's can jump five feet and bat a ball they have no business being near. Sideline passes still end up out of bounce and no matter the overall of your o line they still can't block and help with running the ball. They can't fix these problems but they can make crappy team presentations that after two games you skip, and change the menus every year.
- problems with the game
- kicking game - the ever changing meter is still not perfect and is now ten time harder to kick field goal... You must have 100% power and perfect accuracy every time or its a miss.
- commentary- HORRIBLE... i love Gus Johnson and Collinsworth but this game ruins them so much. Too many pauses and is late on most calls. Also they dont know half of the players names or pronounces it wrong.
- Franchise mode- they hype it up with the so called "improvements" that actually make it worse.
-- the draft- is so much worse, you now have off-season work outs and all this other crap you need to do, but when the draft comes you pick your player but when you sign them their overall is not know until the final week of pre-season...
- cut days- a waste of time... you dont pick your players they give you random guys whose overalls range from 25-55...(sometime you might get a B potential)and they now have photo shopped photos from real players and use them for the rookies and "fake" players...
- ratings- 75% of the players decline after year 1.. i was in year three and Gabbert, Dalton, Vick, and stafford were FA's with ratings lower than 78...if they dont play they dont get better. really it ruins the franchise because even if they are A's they still wont get better... if they are older the 32 dont draft them because they will not get better...
- trades- impossible if you dont want to rip yourself off... i wanted casey matthews and was trying to trade but couldn't get an offer they liked, so i put two first round pick and they rejected it... i was stunned.
- be a superstar mode- is boring and the same old, waste of time
i could go on and on about this games problems, but ill stop here... once again its madden 05 with better graphics and updated rosters. If you like 11 avoid this game unless you get it for less than $30.... i really wasnt going to buy this game but the $20 pre order credit was too good to pass up.. With this $20 and NCAA's $20 + trade in gift card im getting MW3 for free... so in the end it did something positive!
I love sim type games and therefore love simulation and franchise features in sports games. I especially enjoy scouting and finding diamond in the rough players in the next draft. Madden 12 disappoints in this matter. Although year after year I am disappointed with every "General Manager" experience of games, especially from EA. Programmers just don't seem to get it!!! I want a VIRTUAL REALITY that takes into account EVERYTHING! I want scouting to include their college stats, intangible analysis like work ethic or off-field problems, and an ability to scout more than just a few players, or at least an option to spend franchise money to scout more players. Of all the players in the Madden 12 draft simulation you can only truly find out the potential of 5 players through scouting. The rest you have to guess at, so when you draft you end up with maybe 1 guy that is decent, and usually he's rated as a late round pick. In real life, Combine scouting numbers and stats are easily available on the NFL network and on sports news websites for every player participating in the Combine. This game just "reveals" more of a players category ratings after the combine for only 20 players. That makes no sense.
I would love to see future games that have a really in depth football GM experience on top of excellent game play. For instance, I recommend for future versions when you simulate a game, maybe you can watch an a sports show-like highlight video showing the score, stats and maybe some "highlight" plays, as though you're watching sports news. Then you'll at least feel like you're not just buying and selling players monotonously in spreadsheets to increase your teams win-loss record.
With all that said buy Madden 12 for the game play if you like playing games, but not if you like Franchise simulation.