Oil month Automotive World Book Day Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts SpringEvent_Lawn_and_Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon westworldS2 westworldS2 westworldS2  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now Start your Baby Registry

TOP 500 REVIEWERon January 26, 2012
My wife begged me to order this "Action Plan" with the "Devotional." Action Plan is designed to work for a small group, SS class, Bible study, or even a non religious group as long as they realize it relies heavily on Bible scripture and a Christian belief of God, His saving grace, and His power to help women, "even for girls who don't crave carrots," as the NYT bestselling author Lysa Terkeurst states.
My wife knows it is supposed to last over several weeks, meetings, or whatever, but she dives into the pages like it's a novel eager to absorb all of the inspiration and assurances that she finds in rereading the original "Made to Crave" book. She loves original, and now the devotional, plus the action plan books. I love her so much, and she's so lovely (even over age 60-don't tell her I told you that), and of course she received all 3 books. My wife is worth the cost. She works hard at maintaining a healthy weight, exercise, food control, and has success due to prayer, persistence, and inspirational things like her "Made to Crave" trilogy.

"A POWERFUL, inspiring, encouraging, THOUGHT-PROVOKING devotional and action plan, just like the original 'Made to Crave' was," she said. "Thoroughly seasoned with scriptures that have been very practical tools to help me in my weight-loss struggle.
..."Lysa also uses her very humanness and sense of humor to bring hope and help to these issues of food and how it affects my relationship with God.
..."As I read each day's devotional, two things happen: #1- I can't wait to read the next day's entry, and #2- I want hours to think about, reread, and absorb every word, till my soul is deeply touched. I know I'll read it over & over. A real gift from God."

Surely some day, this author will come forth with a small adaptations, maybe with the help of her husband, so men can experience the presence and power of God in overcoming their own obese potential cravings. The Made to Crave Devotional: 60 Days to Craving God, Not Food should be "EVEN FOR (MEN) WHO DON'T CRAVE CARROTS."
Until then, try reading it in the closet with a flashlight.

The cost of "Made to Crave", the Devotional, and the Action Plan combined is less than the cost of one doctor visit, a month at the gym, a month's dues to a diet group, and you may save that amount next month on food purchase options.

Sure this Action Plan is a group guide, but then you and God make a group, right?
44 comments| 89 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on April 6, 2014
Brilliant way to focus on healthy eating with Bible Study but I think it worked so well because I was doing it in conjunction with others and had already read Made to Crave. First time I have lost weight and it has stayed off and helps focus on spiritual relationship with God.
on January 6, 2017
Great combination of practical advice and spiritual insight. I'm using it now as a morning Bible study and am really enjoying it and benefitting from it.
on March 26, 2014
I will admit that this book at first glance seemed like it would be a breeze. I wouldn't call it that now. It has a lot of detail information to help me make good life-long healthy living choices. Not only that, but it has also shown me that I too often turn to food for things like comfort. Food is meant to fuel the body not to comfort us. If you are serious about changing then this is the book for you.
on April 14, 2018
This was ok. I was bothered by the fact that the diet plan presented was not what the author said she did in the original Made to Crave book. I stopped watching it half way through.
on August 6, 2014
It has a lot of good information in it. But it is really set up for groups. Its hard to use by oneself.
on November 14, 2016
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE THIS SERIES! Purchased the DVD, Participant's Guide and devotional! MUST HAVES! Perfect for a Bible study group. And not just for the ladies either, this is perfect for guys as well. Perfect condition. Quick shipping.
on May 18, 2017
very well written and easy to follow
on April 7, 2014
went great with the online bible study from Proverbs 31Ministeries. lots of practical advice and action steps to take. i didnt read made to crave, but i had already started my personal journey with Getting closer to God and changingto a healthy lifestyle. this book, along with support from others doing the study really pushed me to deepen my growth in both areas. Ifinally started to allow God to beinvolved in making food choices, and what an eye opener. :b)
on May 3, 2014
This is a great book which help you change your food addiction into the vehicle that drives you to the heart of God. This book is funny, real and chock full of scripture. Possibly the high test for your engine that will drive you to real change, exchanging chains for freedom in Christ!