Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New Album by Fergie PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 48 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 58 reviews
on October 27, 2016
This refreshing book is the perfect antidote to all of the mudslinging that went during this presidential election cycle. If more people would read this book, we'd have a society where people would respect rather than attack one another. Reading this book will reinforce your own self esteem as well as restore your faith in our communities. It gives us all reasons to hope that good can and will prevail.
on May 13, 2017
I have never had a Desmond Tutu book I was disappointed in.
on March 16, 2010
Reading this inspiring book is like seeing a sunrise for the first time! Desmond Tutu, joined by his daughter Mpho, invite us to imagine a way of living that brings us fully alive; a way of being that says, "You matter" because your are loved by the Holy One for your existence. They invite us beyond the smallness of divisions and suspicion into the gladness of everyday life. Our own goodness has an impact way beyond anything we might imagine! Through it we remember that "I am because we are" - we are part of the oneness of the human family and Creation. No matter your religion or spirituality, this book invites a life of gladness in which love and compassion are not merely concepts, but part of our daily living. No wonder Tutu is the iconic spiritual voice of hope! The book is a keeper! This is spritual wisdom for being fully alive and engaged. Robert V. Taylor [...]
on June 1, 2010
For people unfamiliar with the struggle for liberation in South Africa this is a must read. Because some of the chapters contain sermon material of Desmond Tutu there tends to be some repetition of themes. The best part of every chapter is the concluding poem. These may well be Mpo's contributions as the rest seems to be written in his voice. It is a delightful book by one of the most important leaders of non-violent liberation, peace and reconciliation in the world.
on April 10, 2017
The structure of the book was good. As I mention in the subject line, it seems an odd choice to have Archbishop Tutu speak for his daughter
on January 27, 2017
Bishop Tutu and his daughter offer an inspiring - and inspired - look at how God really does work through flawed humanity and brings grace and hope. The book is full of powerful stories of danger, oppression, sadness, and hope, grace, and goodness. It would be a great book for a book club or theology study group to read.
on October 15, 2011
This is a great book for discussion groups. Many issues are presented that offer excellent, yet sometimes difficult, topics for group discussion and thought. I got this book for a group and I am learning so much, most of all that I want the joy for life and love of others that Desmond Tutu has and this book offers insight into his and his daughters lives that make them who they are. Desmond Tutu has witnessed some of the worlds worst horrors and yet he truly believes that we are all basically good and that we are made for goodness. His discussion is compelling and this book inspires myself--who has not witnessed the level of human evil that he has---to be a better person. A must read for all,that we all may one-by-one improve the world.
on August 21, 2017
I love the spiritual aspect of each reading. It makes me stop and rest in the goodness of the love of God and faithfulness of God's promise of love and peace possible as each person works for goodness in their lives.
on October 17, 2016
Very insightful account of Tutu's experiences in South Africa's emergence from Apartheid. Tutu concludes that all people are good in God's sight, and that bad things people do are not the natural state of affairs. I was privileged to see his home in Soweto in 2006, just three blocks from Nelson Mandela's house.
on May 5, 2014
Archbishop Tutu and his priest daughter Mpho give inspiring testimony to their thesis that human beings were made for goodness by God, which is their natural state, as well as specific pointers on daily practices that allow natural goodness to emerge in our lives and relationships. Moreover, they have very publicly walked their talk.