Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $3.99 shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
+ Free Shipping
Made Whole: More Than 145 Anti-lnflammatory Keto-Paleo Recipes to Nourish You from the Inside Out Paperback – July 17, 2018
|New from||Used from|
Enhance your purchase
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Frequently bought together
- Anthony Gustin DC, MS, CSCS Founder Perfect Keto, Equip Foods
“Made Whole is a must-have for anyone that has ever struggled to find their way in the keto, paleo world. Whether your goal is healing from the inside out, or weight loss, this book has you covered. With delicious recipes, and comprehensive resources, this book is a one-stop-shop. Cristina is a forward thinker, a master tinkerer, and a flavor profile genius. This book is an absolute masterpiece! I am so proud to call her a friend and a peer.”
-Kyndra Holley, International Best-selling Cookbook Author and Founder of Peace, Love and Low Carb
“Cristina has turned “food-as-medicine” into a delicious lifestyle that adapts to your body and your family’s needs. As a functional medicine practitioner who prescribes elimination diets with an emphasis on a paleo approach to keto, I am often limited in the resources available to encompass my whole foods approach. This book takes you on a journey of clean eating and gut restoration focusing on removal of AIP ingredients while ensuring an abundance of therapeutic nutrients and antioxidants. Careful attention is put into each dish, preventing roadblocks with chefs notes and substitutions allowing you to tailor it to fit your body's needs potentially adjusting ingredients as your body becomes more resilient. Each recipe takes an innovative approach to combine clean ingredients to nourish your body and heal from the inside out from Hard Cheese with cauliflower gelatin base to Roasted Beet Marinara my mind is buzzing with the healing potential and my belly says ooooo yes!”
- Ali Miller, RD, LD, CDE, functional medicine dietitian of Naturally Nourished and author of The Anti-Anxiety Diet
“For anyone looking to heal their body, Made Whole is the perfect place to start. We go years of our lives without thinking about the foods we are putting into our bodies and how they impact us, but with Made Whole you learn that real, whole food can be delicious, rich in nutrients and restorative all at the same time. Cristina makes a healthy lifestyle approachable for everyone, which is why this a staple book in our household. She reminds us that most of our symptoms and lifestyle choices all tie back to the foods we eat, and her dedication to others and passion for cooking come through in each page. The best part about this book is that it feels like it was written for us and when you hold it in your hands you will understand the feeling. From the section where she shares “secrets” from her mother’s kitchen to all the detail and thought put into each recipe, you’ll feel like Cristina is right there in the kitchen cooking alongside with you!”
- Megha Barot + Matt Gaedke, Authors of Keto Made Easy and Founders of Keto Connect
“I love Cristina's passion in the kitchen and her dedication to her health and delicious food.”
- Teri Turner, Founder of NoCrumbsLeft
“Anybody who’s interacted with Cristina has felt the authenticity and unapologetic optimism she radiates…. This relentlessly vivacious spirit has become Cristina’s calling card- and is the common thread that runs throughout this book, her greatest creation yet. Made Whole is an absolute knockout. Just like it’s author, it’s approachable, easy to relate to and prioritizes what matters most: making damn good food that’s good for you…. It’s like a Primal Swiss Army Knife.”
- Mark Sisson, Bestselling author of author of The Keto Reset Diet & The Primal Blueprint
About the Author
- Publisher : Victory Belt Publishing (July 17, 2018)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 432 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1628602945
- ISBN-13 : 978-1628602944
- Item Weight : 3 pounds
- Dimensions : 8 x 1 x 10 inches
- Best Sellers Rank: #21,364 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer Reviews:
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
After having kids and transitioning to the stay-at-home-mom role, I decided it was time to learn to cook for my family. And anyway, I think my husband was getting tired of those one-step prepackaged meals.
I was super nervous to try my first recipe so I chose the simplest chicken dish I could find in the book (but trust me, they're all pretty simple). I had literally only baked chicken once in my life and it turned out completely raw in the center, so I was pretty scared I was going to give my family salmonella....What came out was a perfectly cooked, crispy chicken and delicious veggies. My very first meal was a huge hit and every one since has been just as good!
What I love about this cookbook:
1. It's pretty fool-proof. I'm horrible at cooking AND following directions, but somehow, every recipe I try from this book turns out perfectly.
2. The recipes are easy to follow. Cook books have always been super intimidating to me.. "Grease this while that marinates overnight, zest this while that soaks, chop these and whisk those"! All those instructions overlapping and words I have to google gives me major anxiety, but these recipes are EASY! And Easy without being boring or bland. I love the way the ingredient lists are laid out and instructions are clear, precise and easy to follow.
3. You don't need fancy equipment. When I read the names for some of the recipes in this book, I instantly thought I was going to have to go out and purchase cheese cloths, dehydrators, chef's knives, etc. In reality, I haven't had to purchase one new kitchen utensil.
4. The food is DELICIOUS. Really. I was skeptical about keto-paleo but the recipes are really really good..and I'm a carb fanatic.
Bottom line, there's a reason this cook book is rated so high. Try it, you can't lose!
We don’t do eggs, pork or coconuts which left SEVERAL recipes out. There’s also a ton of recipes calling for nutritional yeast and MCT powder. I just want basic ingredients, man... Is that too much to ask for??
I’m returning the book because there was exactly one recipe that fit our needs and my family would actually eat.
Top reviews from other countries
viele Bücher kaufe. Dieses Buch
hat sie wirklich verdient. Ich habe schon lange mit Psoriasis zu kämpfen und bin über Whole30 (sehr zu empfehlen!) auf das AIP Protokoll und Christina Curp gestoßen. Ihr Blog
ist sehr informativ, aber das Buch ist noch viel besser. tolle Rezepte, die wirklich schmecken und in meinem
Fall auch genau auf meine Ernährung abgestimmt. Es gibt so viele Kochbücher, aus denen man letztendlich nur einen Bruchteil der Rezepte nutzt, einige sind primär Lifestyle, aber fachlich nicht fundiert genug. Dieses Buch ist toll gestaltet, super geschrieben und fachlich top. Ich habe das erste Mal das Gefühl, wirklich auf dem richtigen Weg zu sein. Absolute Empfehlung von mir!