Industrial Deals HPC Children of Blood and Bone Casual Friday Style nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Only: $44.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon marchmadness marchmadness marchmadness  Echo Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop now TG18PP_gno

Season 3 takes everything to a new level as the group tries to recover from the disaster at Hershel's farm. One of the taglines of the series is "Kill the dead, fear the living" and in this season the living prove to be as great a threat as the dead. As you know by now the Fates (and the writers) aren't very kind to these people and whenever things seem to clear and it looks like they may get a rest you know something is bound to happen.

As the group finds a potentially safe place to settle down they have to deal with walkers, other people and health issues. Rick goes off the deep end for a while as it all becomes too much for him. Other members of the group disappear and Carl gets a harsh and difficult lesson in the realities of this new world. Meanwhile Andrea, separated from the others during the zombie invasion of the farm finds a new friend and possibly a new place to settle down. We meet new characters, some of whom stick around for a while.

As much as the second season was focused on the personalities and dynamics within the group, season three is more about external threats. As usual all the actors come through with realistic portrayals of characters in a desperate situation and the directors and writers keep things moving. They really bring out the harshness of life on the road in the poignant opening sequence of episode one and deliver two explosive and exciting episodes for the midseason and end of season finales.
on January 3, 2018
Still good! I really enjoyed this season. We got to see yet more of our amazing actors and the introduction of some new ones. I appreciate the way this season developed some of our favorites and the story-line, although a little depressing at times, was filled with just as much adrenaline, hope, and awesomeness. It was a complete mixture of crap coming at you from all directions, a real roller-coaster.

The effects were still really good - lots of makeup and real prosthetics, actual stunts. Though you could tell some CGI was slipping in here and there and when it did it glaringly obvious and kinda took you out of the story, but it was few and far between.

I greatly appreciated that it toned down its boring, 15 minute anti-religious interludes and kept on with the story.
on November 6, 2017
The 3rd season is much darker than the two earlier seasons. To me, it's depressing that they find a prison to hole up in, but that isn't the worst of it. This season brings a psychotic leader of another community to deal with. Naturally, Andrea falls for him. She fell for Shane, the psycho, and now the Governor. If she keeps this up, she'll fall for a walker next.

To me, this is the bleakest season in the series. So many characters are killed off and such gore and nastiness is wallowed in that I had to force myself to get through it just for the continuity. Maybe it's just me, but the Rick character is insufferable. He seems unable to make a sensible decision but his group seems to love him for some reason.

I just hope he doesn't get everyone killed before this season ends.
on January 12, 2016
I love this show myself, but I have a family member that has me topped when it comes to this series. I decided this Christmas to buy my sister 2 seasons of the show to help her build up her collection.
I am sure you already know what the show is about....
In case you don't It is a great show with a story line that will keep you hanging and watching for more each week. Yes, it has zombies or as they call them, Walkers. This isn't just another B rated zombie show though. It is really a great dramatic series that is wonderful for both young and old. Once you watch one season you will be hooked.
As I was saying, I bought this set and another for my Sister for Christmas and she was a happy Camper!!!
If you are looking for a new show to watch I suggest you start with season one of this show and add new seasons when you can. This is a show I will deffy own because it is one of those that you want to watch again and again and again.
on November 10, 2014
I thought this was going to be just another Zombie show..... I saw it spoken of on Fox-News and decided to give it a try. If you can get past the gore there's a story there unfolding that not just touches but "Strike's" home real heard for every human on the planet. It's about life, the choices people make (write-wrong, good and bad).
It give as true an example of what the author see's (and has every right to believe) the world will be in the event of a complete system Melt-Down in ours and every country. Humans are just that, human. God gave us all free-choice to decide how we want to view life and it's reason, and worth. God also left us with instructions that fewer and fewer humans take time to even look at. With this series, set In a society that has fallen apart, one see's all the choices and there reason's played out in short and long term. Do I believe in "ZOMBI'S", heck-no. Do I believe in the desperation of humans, and there different ways of responding to tragedy? "Heck-Yes"! In real life I'm a paramedic of 20+ years.
I also know we live in a society that has had it so-good for so long that what-ever happens to our structure and the survival of all people will be defined by every-one's understanding of the value of life and what "we" rear our offspring to understand. This "SHOW" is well worth the time it takes to watch, but.... Not as much as reading (And Studying) the Holey Bible. After all? The show isn't real but all who endure it see that the stories in it are much like what we face on a very minute level every day with life, work, home, and simple survival....But Life, Choices, and Gods word very much are-real. I suggest Both for all. After all, how much time do any of us really have?

on December 6, 2012
I read the comic books right about the start or mid season of two. I enjoyed the comic as well as the show but one thing I found lacking was the fact that the show didn't get into the entire Woodbury segment.

For those that didn't read the comic, I won't spoil it for you, but overall when Rick and the group discovered Woodbury it became shocking. The Govenor in the show is merely the kindergartner's version of the Governor of the comics. With that said, I didn't know how they would portray the Governor in the show considering that his actions are not exactly TV-approved or even movie approved for that matter.

When season two ended with a preview of the Prison and the introduction of Michonne, I was ecstatic at what season three would offer. Now that season three has been mid season with the show returning February with the final eight episodes, I can say that I am very happy with how the TV portrayed the entire Woodbury and how the prison is turning out. It appears like the prison is going to be a permanent solution rather than a temporary one like in the comics.

There are some things I don't like about the show. For one, it appears that everyone has unlimited ammunition and in no time are actual shells or parts are moving. Even more so, sometimes the weapons are flat out wrong. For example, Hershal used a ar15-style weapon at the start with the scope on backwards. Plus there's no recoil and it appears every gun effect was done post production. I guess it's more for safety reasons that they do this, but I think they should hire a better gun expert though I understand this show isn't about guns, it's kind of annoying that Rick and everyone appears to have an unlimited disposal of ammunition and the fact that the guns aren't working realistically. I personally think they should just do away with the guns. In the comic books, at least, guns are normally not used and it is very rare that they do use guns, unless it's against a living target.

Another annoying thing is water and the fact that it seems like it's not a priority. They did the same in the comics but I find it a bit unrealistic that everyone seems to have plenty of water and nobody is really caring about water or lack there of. I haven't seen once in the entire show where water was even mentioned for supply or even carrying water. Not a single person has a water canister or even jugs of water or purifying water. I think this is rather annoying but again the show isn't about being a survival expert but still I think they should hire a survival expert to the show as well as getting a new weapons expert.

As far as the show itself, I won't spoil it but I am very excited about the rest of season three. I can say that the entire Woodbury and prison segment is taking an exciting turn.
on March 18, 2015
If there has been a better TV show than Walking Dead I haven't heard of it. This is a universe of zombies but it isn't about zombies. WD follows a group of survivors as they struggle to live in a world destroyed. It is about the what it takes to survive. Morality often conflicts with reality to provide plot twists and outcomes that will make you laugh, cringe. yell and cry. Characters you love will live and die and you will experience their emotions with them.
Amazing attention to detail keeps the universe alive and real. Even if you are not a horror fan you should give Walking Dead a chance. If you are a fan of the graphic novels (OK glorified comic books) you will immediate recognize character and the producers give you constant nods by recreating iconic scenes and plot lines. I wish I could give it 10 stars.
on April 9, 2013
I was eagerly awaiting the first season of The Walking Dead as everyone was. And it looked like it was going to be one hell of a ride after the pilot episode, which was directed by Frank Darabont, a fabulous director who gave us two brilliant films, The Shawshank Redemption and The Green Mile, both superb movies. And Darabont's directing of the first episode of season 1 is brilliant. But by episode 2 something seems to slack off a bit. It's actually still a great episode but it's missing the director of the pilot, and though it's subtle you can feel it. By the third episode things actually start to feel underproduced compared to the pilot and it feels more like a soapish sort of style, with a lot of time, too much time getting to know all the character and their lives and all that goes with it. But there simply isn't a lot of action or zombies through much of season 1 on through till the final episode, which is interesting, but I kept waiting for the magic I saw in the pilot to continue onward, it didn't happen and I was left feeling that season 1 was an overall disapointment. Decent enough but not great. I decided to not take the plunge any further and did not watch season's 2 or 3 until just a few weeks ago when one night I decided to just give it another chance, and folks am I glad I did.

Season 2 hardly resembled season 1 at all. Even when things are slow it's much more interesting, but there is a lot more action and a lot more gore and horror than season 1. The mood of season 2 is solid all the way through, and until season 3 I was left breahtless and convinced that I have never seen anything else as good about zombies. Prior to that all there was to enjoy that were truly great zombie pictures were Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead (and also the remake), and a few here and there that were worth noticing like The Horde, a French take on the zombie genre. Even the older Italian movies like 'Zombie' were good in their time, but though there have been dozens of zombie movies over the years nothing really blew my skirt up. That is until now.

Season 3 of The Walking Dead in simply superb. The characters are all great, the shocks and scares are some of the best ever put on film, and the gore is absolutely the most brutal I have ever seen anywhere. It's amazing that AMC could actually get away with all the brutality they have in season's 2 and 3, so much so that I can't believe the FCC isn't nippin' at their butt's over it. If you saw season 1 and like me were not that impressed over all, hold onto to your guts, because season 3 is one hell of a ride. You won't be disapointed, I can pretty much promise you that. Hands down the best zombie story ever told. And season 3 will leave you breathless.
on April 19, 2013
I hadn't seen any of the series as of early this year. My youngest daughter (14) likes playing zombie shooters for the XBox, with her sister, so, looking for something to do with her, I asked if she wanted to watch an episode with me. "Not enough zombies", was her basic reply. She had caught bits and pieces of a couple of shows. Having heard the positive reviews, and knowing a show couldn't constantly have swarms of zombies, like a game, I coaxed her to try the series from the beginning.

After the 1st episode, we were both hooked. It became a nightly ritual, watching an episode, or two, or three! The clock, on school nights, often set the limit. The series is about people who find themselves in a post-zombie-infected world. Survival with the zombies and your own 'clan-members' becomes the goal. And it doesn't take a swarm for a favorite character to get bit and be gone. And that happens more than once! Just when all that starts to stabelize, they encounter another clan, another new society. Do they merge? Under who's rules?

Must be watched from the beginning, in order, to fully appreciate it all. Well worth your time, zombie fan or not!
on April 23, 2014
I've been watching the Walking Dead since it first came out and have really become a great fan of the series. What sounds like a run of the mill zombie movie turns out to be a show focused on human drama. While there is plenty of gore what really sets this show apart from most any zombie movies in the past is that you really get to know the characters and feel for them. Which brings me to Season 3!

The first season was pretty exciting, the second season was fun but somewhat dull at times, this season brought a whole new load of trouble and development into the show. I don't want to post any spoilers but it was definitely an intense season. One of the funnest parts for me was going from liking the Governor at first to hating him and eventually really loving his character and development. I don't know how such a man became one of my favorite characters in the show.

This limited edition box set featuring the Governor's floating zombie head fishtanks was more than enough to make me empty my wallet. The quality is really good and feels very solid. The outer shell is plastic but looks like an old piece of 90s wooden furniture. Which definitely fits the fill of the Governor's lair in the show. The fish tanks feel and look as if they could be used for actual fish. The zombie heads inside are very nice quality as well, they feel like some sort of ceramic material, but are very detailed and well made. The only real complaint is that the lights don't look nearly as awesome as they do in the picture. Maybe if I filled them with water it would have that effect...But I don't want to risk damaging the ceramic heads, the box, the blu-ray disks, and the shelf with all my other movies on it.

Overall it is an awesome limited edition set. If you're a fan of the Governor's terror and character I'd say this set will make you extremely happy. If you're not really a huge fan of the Governor maybe it's not for you.