Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch $5 Digital Albums PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Package Quantity: 6|Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change
Price:$49.80+ Free shipping

Showing 1-10 of 100 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 117 reviews
on January 24, 2012
I like to make hot cocoa from scratch using Hershey's cocoa, milk and 2 tablespoons of sugar (sometimes with a pinch of salt and vanilla). But I was falling asleep about 15 to 20 minutes after drinking the cocoa, regardless of how much sleep I had the night before. I had this problem years ago when I used to eat cereal for breakfast, switched to eggs or other non sugary breakfasts. I'm not a diabetic, but sugar sometimes makes me sleepy. As an experiment I bought this Agave Nectar and used it to sweeten my hot cocoa every night for the past week or so. I have not fallen asleep once. So, based on my results, it would seem that this is indeed low glycemic and does not trigger an insulin surge. I'll use it to sweeten Oatmeal from now on. I also used it to sweeten a Latte today and it was great. In the past I've used a small amount mixed with an once of filtered water, 100% Agave Tequila, and fresh squeezed Lime Juice to make an excellent Margarita (without Triple Sec, which is garbage).
on January 20, 2012
WOW. A natural sweetener that is tasty and has a low glycemic index (28 is what I read). It has a very mild honey flavor- and is great on fruit AND in baking. I made some brand name chocolate chip cookies- and while the texture was a bit "cakey", the flavor was wonderful. Good all purpose sweetener, without the chemical soup of artificial sweeteners. Thumbs way up!!!
on July 31, 2011
This is my second time getting this product, Madhava Organic Nectar (light). What can I say, bottom line it taste great! It's sweet but doesn't change the flavor of what you are mixing or leave an unpleasant aftertaste (key - does not leave aftertaste!).

I tried using honey and after eating honey every day I believe the honey started to disagree with my stomach. I switched to agave nectar, I use it for everything but primarily with coffee so I dink it every day and did not have any discomfort or side effects.

If you are still not sure look for it locally and try a small bottle, try to get this particular brand since I have not tried any of the others (there is no need). I mean, the agave nectar doesn't taste like sugar, the flavor is a bit more like honey but with a milder "organic" taste, but if you are already looking at this page and decide to get it I don't think you'll regret it.

... Did I forget to mention the flip open top works great?
on July 24, 2010
I first tried Madhava Agave Nectar about 5 years ago when I was on vacation and toured Celestial Seasonings where they had it available as a sweetener in their tasting room. I've been hooked since that day and am loyal to the brand. I use it for nearly everthing I want to sweeten and even though I'm not diabetic, I feel good knowing it has a lower glycemic load than other sweeteners. It not only tastes great, but it really dissolves in cold drinks and I love to drizzle it over cereal and fresh berries for a little lift. It doesn't crystalize like honey does and from everything I've read, it is a completely natural and organic product. While there are products that don't live up to their claim, this is not one of them. I personally endorse this product and have convinced several friends to start using it too! I have zero affiliation and have not received any compensation from Madhava; their products are just wonderful and I am happy to give them the praise they deserve.

I have found it can be expensive to purchage agave nectar at grocery or health food stores and have found Amazon the best source to stock up at a great price and have yet to have a bottle go bad or change before I've used it.

I also recommend trying the amber agave nectar and use it as a syrup replacement for my pancakes.
on June 19, 2013
I have been using Agave Nectar for the last 5 years. Initially I bought it to use in my Margaritas (It mixes very easily even in cold temperatures; no need to create simple syrup first) but quickly realized it tastes great in coffee as well.

I am not going to enter the debate if it is better or worse for your health compared to sugar but I love the taste (Wife disagrees with me on that one).

And out of all the Agave Nectars I have tried (Pretty much anything I could buy); Madhava Light worked best for me.

My only complaint is with Amazon: They used to sell it much cheaper compared to the grocery stores but now it is almost the same price.
on November 9, 2011
I'm not completely sure if this is a reseller problem (improper storage) or a QC problem. I have bought this product many times before and it's always been good. This time I noticed a leak in the box and found 2 bottles were leaking. The rest looked like they were still sealed correctly, but wree a darker color than the batch I already had. After trying one of them I noticed it tasted bad. I smelled it and it smelled bad. All 6 of the bottles in my order were bad. That's $30 down the drain!

The reason for the 2 stars is that I've had several good batches, but I can't risk dumping another $30 down the drain. If it wasn't for the good batches I had before, this would have been a one star rating. I've seen other people who have had the same problem....
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 27, 2009
We aren't health freaks or even conscientious eaters. But this stuff is SO GOOD! It is sweet, but not sickly sweet. It is thin and light, unlike honey or molasses. It adds just the right amount of sweetness to the frozen Kashi Blueberry waffles we buy at Costco. OH MY! This stuff is so good! You won't be disappointed. Keep in mind that the benefit to using the light agave nectar is the glycemic load, NOT the amount of calories. Serving per serving, it has similar calories to sugar or other syrup, but the glycemic load is much lower! Which means that we can eat pancakes (in moderation) and waffles with our agave nectar without that drugged feeling afterwards.
on October 16, 2013
I thought i was buying 1 bottle to try, instead a 6-pack arrived. I have shared it with friends! It smells and tastes like a caramelizing sugar. It is a good alternative to maple syrup if you can't have the sugar (i still prefer maple syrup) and i have used it in marinades instead of brown sugar. I am giving it 3-stars because i am not convinced i would use it regularly, but will keep looking for ways in which i find it useful. I did not care for it in my tea.
on October 19, 2011
I don't use sugar in my home due to the lack of carbs in them...what I don't like about this product (which does not change the rating) is that older bottles used to put the fiber content on the Nutritional Label where it showed 1g of fiber per 16 grams of carbs which is why it's better than sugar for diabetics.

But it's still a sweetener so be careful...

Interesting article...[...]

I still give it 5 stars because it does what it's supposed to do, sweeten your food, although it's nutritive value isn't comparable to grade A 100% organic maple or black strap molasses.
on December 23, 2014
I enjoy this very much and will continue to order it. The price is great too, I have always used this product and found that Amazon.com affords me the ability to continue to use it because their prices are within my budget. I hope they continue to see that consumers like myself are in the market for a great affordable product.