|Fits as expected||
- Outter Shell - 3-layer fabric construction that deflects wind, wicks away moisture, and retains body heat. Durable, lightweight , breathable and water-resistant.
- Lining - soft fleece to maintain warmth and to allow skin to breathe. Removable hood - fleece lined stand up collar.
- Zippered Pockets - shoulder pocket on each arm; forearm pocket on left arm; two front slash, zippered chest pockets; two zippered back pockets with mesh interior; vent zipper under each arm.
- 4'' x 4'' loop side of hook & loop on each shoulder for patch attachment. Drawstring waist and hood. Elastic, hook & loop adjustable wrist cuffs.
- Available in black, coyote brown and olive drab. Sizes XS-4XL.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Designed with specific end users in mind, the Maelstrom TAC PRO Soft Shell Jacket is engineered with three-layer integrated shell fabric technology which prevents water penetration, defects wind, while wicking away moisture and retaining body heat. Underneath the shell is soft fleece lining, providing extra comfort and warmth. Multiple zippered pockets are constructed throughout the jacket for ample storage and easy access to your tactical gears. Drawstring waist and hood is designed to ensure professional fit and look. Highly recommended outfit choice for tactical, airsoft, as well as outdoor enthusiasts who demand comfort, fit and functionality.
- Shipping Information: View shipping rates and policies
- ASIN: B00VIVKICA
- Item model number: AP001
- Date first listed on Amazon: April 1, 2015
- Average Customer Review:
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Hello again everyone...
So, prior to 6/21/2017 this was a 5 star review. I have since taken three stars off for three things that went wrong, or failed as time went on.
I want to state that had these things gone wrong on or after the 1st year anniversary of when I got this, (or $20 cheaper) there would have been no reduction in star count.
#1 zipper track on right hand pocket went off track.
This was an issue that popped up about a month after having the jacket. The zipper track became undone, and you had to hold the fabric tight in order to have the track catch correctly and zip up with the teeth closed. And even then, the teeth did not hold strong enough to stay closed. So sometimes the pocket would be open, even when the zipper was zipped up.
#2 Velcro at wrists wore out within 2 months
The velcro straps at the wrist worked very well for the 1st month. Then afterwards it was easier and easier for the wrist straps to become undone.
I suspect it was the way the "hook side" of the velcro was constructed. They arent hooks at all, more like nubbs, like the head of a nail. They worked okay, but not anymore.
#3 Zipper track on inner sleeves cant stay up.
Self explanatory; happened around month 3 of ownership
END OF UPDATE
Okay, here goes.
It is hard to add onto what everyone else has posted, but I will give my impressions and hope that will help.
-Outer = It is definitely a multi-polyester blend. It is typical to what you would feel from any $20-$40 walmart jacket that is water resistant, and breathable. No complaints on its feel or texture.
-Inner = Again, synthetic, more fuzzy than slick. It is NOT a thick liner, and this is certainly not a sub 40 degree weather jacket. As other customers mentioned, you can feel the zippers on your upper arms if you are not wearing long sleeves. It does not bother me, but I can see how it will bother others.
As per many users contest, the sizes run small, so order larger. I am 6'0 and weigh 220lbs, and I ordered the XXL, and the jacket fits very well. The sleeves and waist are perfect length. There is still room for layering, even when the jacket is fully zipped up. I imagine it could become very warm with even a light sweater underneath.
Oh man! The functionality of the pockets are amazing! However, there are two issues I have
- The side pockets are "higher" than I am used to. It will take time for me to unconsciously adjust where I "think" the pockets are.
- The zippers of the pockets take a little more force to open, this will cause the zipper to "bunch up" the jacket instead of opening. I imagine it will get better with time, but you kinda have to "hold" the material and then pull the zipper to open pockets.
I love the hood, and the way the collar lays. It really has a sharp look. I will mention that the hood is detachable with a zipper as the attachment point. It took a little fiddling to get it on, but it went on without a hitch. I was VERY impressed by that. Usually hoods that "zip" on the jacket are an exercise in futility. I got this one on in the first go. And the zipper seems to be a nice, and tight hold.
The hood fits a little large as others described it, but likewise, it seems that the hood was meant to go over headwear as well.
I may update this review as I intend to get a few patches for it, but otherwise, the jacket is very well made and is quite suitable.
I'd say it is very much worth the price. I urge all those who buy it, and those who are thinking about buying it, to read and comply with the wash instructions.
You can't really tell in the pic, but the back of the jacket comes down a bit further than the front.
This isn't a bad thing. It means when you sit down, your lower back is still covered. Nice touch.
This jacket isn't one of those that will have you sweating inside of 5 minutes either.
It's warm without being hot and cool without being cold.
There are also zippers for the armpit areas if you have to have ventilation.
Get it, you won't be sorry.