+ $4.59 shipping
& FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details
About the Product
- Players will be immersed in the Golden Era of America as Mafia II features tracks from some of the era's most influential artists
- Through strong, authentic characterization and compelling narrative, the mature storyline will make you understand the pull and impossible escape of life in the Mob
- Take part in car-to-car gunfights, hand-to-hand combat and gunplay, forming an intense and exciting experience
- 2K Czech's next-generation engine, allows gamers to travel from outdoor environments to intricately designed interiors without the need for loading times
- The writing team from Mafia I returns to deliver another powerhouse script that portrays a tale of survival, camaraderie and the pitfalls of pursuing the American Dream
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
Mafia 2 is a linear story-driven game set in the 1940s-1950s with an open world city as a backdrop for immersion purposes. This game is not a GTA4 clone and has never advertised itself to be one, any expectations for it to be so are entirely the fault of uninformed gamers. The city is about 10 square miles in size and highly detailed, it's a beautiful recreation of the time period and the devs use it effectively during certain story segments to give the impression of a city evolving with time. There are gas stations, clothing stores, diners, gun shops, body shops and a scrap yard/docking area to interact with throughout the game, along with different living residences depending on where you are during the storyline and locations that only open for missions. You will not find GTA-like mini games like throwing darts or anything like that, but that doesn't mean the open city is devoid of things to do. You can steal cars in multiple ways (breaking the window, picking the lock, or even shooting the lock) then take them to a body shop to change the plates and paint color to legalize it, then customize it further through engine upgrades for better handling and changing the tires for looks. You can pick fights with the various gangs that have established holds on various parts of the city, rob stores, or anger the police to see how long you can hold out.Read more ›
A great plus: no matter where and how you buy it (download or disk, Amazon or Wal-Mart) you can register the CD key on Steam; this allows you to add it to your Steam library, earn Steam achievements, and re-download it from Steam as many times as you like.
1. Graphics are amazing. I realize this game came out a couple years ago but the graphics are every bit as good as GTA 4 if not a little better. One of the neat things is at the start of the game in Empire City its winter and you get the icey streets and snow and it looks really neat, then you go to spring later on and its a commpletely different feel. I loved the detail.
2. Compelling story. It is very compelling, well written and very interesting. Going through the story and discovering how it plays out and what happens is worthwhile and they were quite adept at creating characters we care about and are interested in. Voice acting is very good as well.
3. Cutscenes: There were too many cutscenes in my opinion, at times it was like watching a movie rather than playing a game and I found that to be annoying. That having been said, the cutscenes were compelling, interesting and did a lot to move the story forward.
4. Scenario (Small Spoiler Alert): I did like how things got changed up as part of telling the story. You start out in WWII Italy as a soldier, go to Empire City at the tail end of the war, end up in jail where you have to play out a number of scenes, then you end up in 50's Empire City, etc with somewhat different cars etc. The point is that you're playing a character's life from a given point and as the circumstances of that life changes, you get to play a little of it rather than simply being told Vito fought in the war or Vito went to jail.Read more ›
The view is great without any tweaking. (In fact, I bought this game due to being house bound for a long time; it had the best scenery so I originally purchased on that point alone.) The game engine does this without requiring a lot of hardware; you may need to scale down the display resolution, but you can achieve much better results on a budget computer compared to most open world games. And the city is amazing. You can play the game, or roam around and play by your own rules, or even just take a jog or a drive and enjoy looking around and interacting. The music is also very enjoyable.
So far, five stars. The problem is the social aspect of the game play. Of course, this is another game where the main character of the story is on the wrong side of the law, but it's sheer ignorance on the developer's end to implement so much of the American 40s and 50s without capturing some of the basic values of that era. The level of profanity, lack of politeness, and postmodern outlook of the game totally clash with the classic styles and outfits. That's pure fantasy, especially since it's not limited to the gangsters but painted onto the whole society, and makes the game unrealistic. It also makes it less appropriate for kids, which is not the smartest or most profitable development decision. And it limits game play possibilities. You can free roam, but officially only engage in rather thuggish behavior, unless you get creative. There are some fun characters, but they could have done so much better.
But the lack of taste and inaccuracies are in common with most of these type games, so this one still shines. if you have a little creativity, the free roam is a blast and you can play it countless ways according to your mood, all with super graphics on any computer.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
The steam code is currently being used and the game cannot be activated. So the cd is clean and crack free but why would someone sale something that is areadly in use. Read morePublished 4 months ago by Amazon Customer
While it has its fun aspects on a 3rd person shooter/RPG/stealth game its plot isn't great. It uses shoddy rendering methods that are a bit buggy on the minimap. Read morePublished 10 months ago by CJoGran
Needs internet connection to activate through Steam and a extra 5.5 gb of updates to play the game.Published 10 months ago by Joseph Barger