Magellan CX0310SGXNA eXplorist 310 Waterproof Hiking GPS
|Are Batteries Included||Yes|
|Display Size||2.2 Inches|
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||5.6 x 5.8 x 2.4 inches|
About this item
- 2.2-inch LCD display
- Rugged IPX-7 waterproof GPS receiver, sunlight-readable color screen and high-sensitivity SiRFstarIII GPS. Easy operation with simple main menu, intuitive contextual menus, and vibrant graphics--ready to use right out of the box
- Includes a detailed road network, water features, urban and rural land use, and a realistic shaded relief background
- 18 hours of battery life and power-saving features let you go strong for an entire day without stopping to replace the batteries
- Paperless geocaching lets you download and view more than 20 unique characteristics of each cache, as well as view, search, and filter on the device
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
The explorist 310 GPS receiver provides essential outdoor navigation with a high-resolution color screen, waterproof design, paperless geocaching, and superior mapping, including preloaded World Edition and uploadable map capability.
The eXplorist 310 GPS receiver provides essential outdoor navigation with a high-resolution color screen, waterproof design, paperless geocaching, and superior mapping, including preloaded World Edition and uploadable map capability.
Essential Outdoor Navigation
World Edition Pre-loaded Map
The World Edition includes a detailed road network, water features, urban and rural land use, and a realistic shaded relief background.
Brilliant, Sunlight-Readable Color Screen
A vibrant 2.2-inch color transflective screen provides the best readability in direct sunlight.
Upload Detailed Topo Maps
500 megabytes of user memory available to store Summit Series topo maps, geocaches, waypoints, and tracks.
Download and view more than 20 unique characteristics of each cache, and view, search, and filter on the device. Details include name, location, description, hider, size, difficulty, terrain, hint, and recent logs created by other geocachers.
18 Hours of Battery Life
Go strong for an entire day (or more). No stopping to replace the batteries. Conserve battery life by putting the device into an advanced power-saving mode. Suspend mode will turn off everything except for GPS tracking. Wake up the device with a single click.
Rugged and Waterproof
The eXplorist 310 GPS receiver is submersible and tested to IPX-7 standards, which means it can withstand depths up to one meter for a total of 30 minutes.
The integrated SiRFStarIII GPS chipset provides up to 3 meters of accuracy with the assistance of WAAS, EGNOS, and MSAS, to provide the most accurate location information worldwide.
eXplorist 310 Product Features
- Easy-to-navigate menus and rich graphics. A simple main menu, intuitive contextual menus, and vibrant graphics make this device easy to use.
- Brilliant, sunlight-readable color screen. A vibrant 2.2-inch color transflective screen provides the best readability in direct sunlight
- Rugged and waterproof to IPX-7 standards. Focus on the adventure, not protecting the device
- High-sensitivity SiRFstarIII GPS with 3-5 meter accuracy. 3-5 meter GPS accuracy provides a superior navigation experience
- Preloaded World Edition map. Referencing a complete road network in North America and Western Europe, as well as major roads throughout the rest of the populated world, to help in orientation. See parks, rivers, lakes, major city points, and other types of land-use areas.
- 18 hours of battery life using 2 AA batteries. Go strong for an entire day (or more). No stopping to replace the batteries.
- Suspend mode. The goal is to conserve battery life by putting the device into an advanced power-saving mode. Suspend mode will turn off everything except for GPS tracking. Wake up the device with a single click.
- Paperless geocaching. Download and view more than 20 unique characteristics of each cache, and view, search, and filter on the device. Details include name, location, description, hider, size, difficulty, terrain, hint, spoilers, and least 20 user logs--among a number of other details.
- 500 megabytes of user memory available. Loads of space to store additional maps, geocaches, waypoints, and tracks.
- Record tracks and see "breadcrumbs" on the map screen. Keep a log of all the steps you took throughout the day. Reference your track to find your way back or to keep a digital journal of all your outdoor adventures
- Track summary. Start your journey with one click, and keep tabs on useful statistics such as distance travelled, average speed, elevation gain and descent, and average time to find
- NMEA message output (USB Only). For hardcore outdoor GPS enthusiasts who want to connect their device to laptops running VantagePoint software and see their position on the computer screen.
- Multiple coordinates and map datums. Navigate around the world and do it accurately. See your geographic location in UTM coordinates or reference the OS Grid for use in Great Britain
What's in the Box
Magellan eXplorist 310 GPS receiver, standard mini USB cable, quick start guide, 2 AA batteries, Geocaching.com 30-day free trial flyer, and Energizer Battery coupon.
|Best in Class Base Map||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Updateable / Loadable Maps||-||-||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Camera and Microphone||-||-||-||✔||✔||✔|
|Compass and Barometer||-||-||-||-||✔||✔|
|Summit Series Maps||-||-||-||-||✔||✔|
|City Series Maps||-||-||-||-||-||✔|
|Features||Dedicated geocaching device that comes with features beginner or advance geocachers will appreciate.||A solid device with all the basic navigation you’ll need to get to your campsite and back.||Customize your device with your own map content from Nat Geo, Navionics, Fishing Hot Spots and more.||Capture and share your adventures with the built in camera and microphone. Shoot stills and video, with geotagging and voice annotations.||Increase safety and precision with additional sensors, elevation and barometric altimeter to predict weather conditions.||The ultimate navigation tool with the ability to get you from your doorstep to summit and back again.|
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
It def. takes some getting used to compared to my gps app on my iphone4s and if I didn't have the battery issues I probably would have just continued using my phone and not bought this device at all. The little cursor button in the middle is also a little tricky to use when scrolling because if you push too hard it reads your movement as a "click" and opens whatever menu you were scrolling over at the time. If I had the money I probably would have opted for a touch screen gps instead. Also, the satellite tracking can be somewhat delayed at times. I once used it in an area about 20mi from my house and it said I was still at my house instead of my actual current location.
All in all it's not a bad purchase (clearly, since I decided not to exchange for something else), and it's a good price for a starter gps.
Really solid so I think it will bear some beating as my fumbling three year old can attest to.
Able to download searches from Geocache websites so you can add 100's of caches quickly.
You can look at sites on a map or a list, depending on what works best for you.
Any information about caches that you can access online can also be accessed on this device also.
Tracks which caches are closest on the GPS screen as you walk around, which sometimes leads to unexpected finds.
Only reason it does not get a five star is that there are some aspects (screen, controls) that other GPS's do a better job of, but then they also cost more.
Definitely worth the $100 .
I am able to get this info without it being too complicated. The unit will also be used to create a map of our deer stands. This will be far more accurate than my handmade map.
There are many more features that I have not yet tried. But I feel the directions (I went to the website and printed off the pages and put them in a 3-ring binder) are straight forward enough that I will understand them when the time comes. It is capable of doing much more than I had in mind. My reason for not giving it a 5-star review is simply because I haven't had it long enough to explore all of the features.
Top reviews from other countries
ME GUSTA QUE VENGA CON LOS MAPAS INSTALADOS PARA NAVEGAR YA
SE VE BIEN
LÁSTIMA QUE POR MI VISTA CANSADA, NECESITE GAFAS