Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Magellan CX0310SGXNA eXplorist 310 Waterproof Hiking GPS
|Price:||$158.44 & FREE Shipping. Details|
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
- 2.2-inch LCD display
- Rugged IPX-7 waterproof GPS receiver, sunlight-readable color screen and high-sensitivity SiRFstarIII GPS. Easy operation with simple main menu, intuitive contextual menus, and vibrant graphics--ready to use right out of the box
- Includes a detailed road network, water features, urban and rural land use, and a realistic shaded relief background
- 18 hours of battery life and power-saving features let you go strong for an entire day without stopping to replace the batteries
- Paperless geocaching lets you download and view more than 20 unique characteristics of each cache, as well as view, search, and filter on the device
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Compare to Similar Items
This item: Magellan CX0310SGXNA eXplorist 310 Waterproof Hiking GPS
Garmin eTrex 20x B00XQE6ZFG
Garmin eTrex 30x B00XQE6Z92
Magellan eXplorist 610 Waterproof Hiking GPS B003XU78OU
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||OJ Commerce|
|Display Size||2.2 inches||2.2 inches||2.2 inches||3 inches|
|Battery Average Life||18||25 Hours||25 Hours||16|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
The eXplorist 310 GPS receiver provides essential outdoor navigation with a high-resolution color screen, waterproof design, paperless geocaching, and superior mapping, including preloaded World Edition and uploadable map capability.
Essential Outdoor Navigation
World Edition Pre-loaded Map
The World Edition includes a detailed road network, water features, urban and rural land use, and a realistic shaded relief background.
Brilliant, Sunlight-Readable Color Screen
A vibrant 2.2-inch color transflective screen provides the best readability in direct sunlight.
Upload Detailed Topo Maps
500 megabytes of user memory available to store Summit Series topo maps, geocaches, waypoints, and tracks.
Download and view more than 20 unique characteristics of each cache, and view, search, and filter on the device. Details include name, location, description, hider, size, difficulty, terrain, hint, and recent logs created by other geocachers.
18 Hours of Battery Life
Go strong for an entire day (or more). No stopping to replace the batteries. Conserve battery life by putting the device into an advanced power-saving mode. Suspend mode will turn off everything except for GPS tracking. Wake up the device with a single click.
Rugged and Waterproof
The eXplorist 310 GPS receiver is submersible and tested to IPX-7 standards, which means it can withstand depths up to one meter for a total of 30 minutes.
The integrated SiRFStarIII GPS chipset provides up to 3 meters of accuracy with the assistance of WAAS, EGNOS, and MSAS, to provide the most accurate location information worldwide.
eXplorist 310 Product Features
- Easy-to-navigate menus and rich graphics. A simple main menu, intuitive contextual menus, and vibrant graphics make this device easy to use.
- Brilliant, sunlight-readable color screen. A vibrant 2.2-inch color transflective screen provides the best readability in direct sunlight
- Rugged and waterproof to IPX-7 standards. Focus on the adventure, not protecting the device
- High-sensitivity SiRFstarIII GPS with 3-5 meter accuracy. 3-5 meter GPS accuracy provides a superior navigation experience
- Preloaded World Edition map. Referencing a complete road network in North America and Western Europe, as well as major roads throughout the rest of the populated world, to help in orientation. See parks, rivers, lakes, major city points, and other types of land-use areas.
- 18 hours of battery life using 2 AA batteries. Go strong for an entire day (or more). No stopping to replace the batteries.
- Suspend mode. The goal is to conserve battery life by putting the device into an advanced power-saving mode. Suspend mode will turn off everything except for GPS tracking. Wake up the device with a single click.
- Paperless geocaching. Download and view more than 20 unique characteristics of each cache, and view, search, and filter on the device. Details include name, location, description, hider, size, difficulty, terrain, hint, spoilers, and least 20 user logs--among a number of other details.
- 500 megabytes of user memory available. Loads of space to store additional maps, geocaches, waypoints, and tracks.
- Record tracks and see "breadcrumbs" on the map screen. Keep a log of all the steps you took throughout the day. Reference your track to find your way back or to keep a digital journal of all your outdoor adventures
- Track summary. Start your journey with one click, and keep tabs on useful statistics such as distance travelled, average speed, elevation gain and descent, and average time to find
- NMEA message output (USB Only). For hardcore outdoor GPS enthusiasts who want to connect their device to laptops running VantagePoint software and see their position on the computer screen.
- Multiple coordinates and map datums. Navigate around the world and do it accurately. See your geographic location in UTM coordinates or reference the OS Grid for use in Great Britain
What's in the Box
Magellan eXplorist 310 GPS receiver, standard mini USB cable, quick start guide, 2 AA batteries, Geocaching.com 30-day free trial flyer, and Energizer Battery coupon.
|Best in Class Base Map||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Updateable / Loadable Maps||-||-||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Camera and Microphone||-||-||-||✔||✔||✔|
|Compass and Barometer||-||-||-||-||✔||✔|
|Summit Series Maps||-||-||-||-||✔||✔|
|City Series Maps||-||-||-||-||-||✔|
|Features||Dedicated geocaching device that comes with features beginner or advance geocachers will appreciate.||A solid device with all the basic navigation you’ll need to get to your campsite and back.||Customize your device with your own map content from Nat Geo, Navionics, Fishing Hot Spots and more.||Capture and share your adventures with the built in camera and microphone. Shoot stills and video, with geotagging and voice annotations.||Increase safety and precision with additional sensors, elevation and barometric altimeter to predict weather conditions.||The ultimate navigation tool with the ability to get you from your doorstep to summit and back again.|
Top Customer Reviews
For the past two years, I've been using the Magellan Triton 400 for the same purpose. That GPS unit was good in its day, but I wanted something more responsive with more features. After playing around with my new Explorist 310, I'd like to share my initial feelings, as well as some helpful hints for getting the most out of the GPS with the least amount of headaches.
As far as the quality of the GPS, I'd rate it as excellent. When I put in a couple of Rayovac alkaline batteries (the unit ships with two Energizer lithiums and a coupon for $2 off your next purchase of these batteries, I'll save those for another day) and pressed the power button for a couple seconds, the GPS powered right up, almost no wait time. It fits in the hand almost perfectly, and the buttons are easy to press. I initially had a bit of trouble with the toggle button, but figured out that if I wanted to spell out anything I needed to hold the unit in both hands, problem solved.
The battery compartment gave me a bit of trouble at first. It is a big improvement over the Triton series, it takes only a half turn to unlock the back of the GPS to replace the batteries. I struggled getting the battery cover back on again. Eventually I figured that out. Make sure that you connect the cover from the bottom first with a slight upward motion, then lower the top half of the cover and turn the screw the half turn needed to seal the battery compartment back up. Once you do it a few times there's nothing to it.
Next step for me was to load some geocaches onto the GPS. I went for it and created three 1000 cache pocket queries on Geocaching.com. After they were created, I saved them onto my computer.Read more ›
The eXplorist 310 comes in a box with a Quick Start Guide, and a USB cord for the computer. There is a full manual online. The on/off button is on the top right side and must be held down for 2 seconds. To find this out, you either read the full manual or learn by trial & error. It certainly doesn't tell you in the Quick Start Guide how to turn it on. In fact the Quick Start Guide doesn't tell you much that is helpful.
Once you have it on press the menu key and you will see the different screens that come up. I suggest going to tools first to look at settings. You can put in ownership information and I would also suggest that you go to Brightness & Volume and change the backlight timer to longer than the 15 seconds that it is set with originally to keep the screen from turning off every fifteen seconds.
I found my home on the map, saved it, and then looked at points of interest. It found all the cities, bodies of water, public airstrips, and parks and public country clubs in a twenty-five mile radius. Since I live in a sparely populated area and my address is not on mapquest I was surprised by this.
The dashboard tells me how far I have traveled, how long I have been traveling, my average speed, if I stop how long I stopped. I love this because people will often stop me to talk and I could never figure it into my walking time, but now I can.Read more ›
This unit comes with:
-2 AA batteries (and a $2 coupon for batteries)
-A 30-day Groundspeak Premium Membership (see geocaching dot com slash membership for more info on what that is)
-Quickstart guide (full PDF manual is online)
First of all, set-up is much faster than the Triton 500 and there are no connectivity issues whatsoever. Reconnecting to the computer, once again, there don't seem to be any glitches like the Triton had.
The user interface is VASTLY superior to the older model, not only in its bright display but also "Ipod"-like menu that is easy to understand, access, and explore.
The unit weighs much less than the Triton, even with the batteries. But to be honest, the casing on the eXplorist is something I'd be worried about dropping and cracking, unlike the Triton (even though it's claimed to be rugged, the thin plastic just doesn't seem right on the eXplorist to be called rugged). I didn't feel like dropping them both for this review to write about what happens.
I went to my local state park to give this a try. I noticed immediately that unlike the auto-tracking issues I had with the Triton (where you manually had to scroll the map to make sure you were on the screen as you walked), the eXplorist did this automatically; I'm glad they fixed/updated that issue, I'm not sure why it ever was one to begin with.
The map itself was very accurate with its reflection of major natural landmarks and distances.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
It was pretty accurate. The terian was good enough in dense woods to figure out rough your possessions.Published 23 days ago by andrew sinclair
I think I would really to have the chance to compare with others.Published 1 month ago by Amazon Customer
I want to fish in Nicaragua with this divace can i marck hot spa to point a to point b and return another day and come back for the point b ?Published 3 months ago by JOSE G.
Bought this, lakes are not uplaoded to this unit and you must download them from the Magellan site and use the included download code included in the packaging. Read morePublished 4 months ago by matt v
Me and my daughter use this for geocaching and it works amazing. The accuracy is pretty spot on. I would definitely recommend this product to others.Published 7 months ago by Shannah C.