Magellan Maestro 4000 4.3-Inch Portable GPS Navigator
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
- Hear turn-by-turn directions as you enjoy your driving experience virtually to any destination in the continental U.S.
- Built-in AAA travel information, including member roadside assistance details and more
- 1.5 million Points of Interest (POIs), 2D and 3D views; customizable address book
- 4.3-inch WQVGA full-color, anti-glare touch screen
- Measures 5.0 x 3.75 x 0.88 inches (WxHxD) and weighs 8.5 ounces
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Maestro 4000AAA TourBook® Travel Information Roadside Assistance Details and MoreThe Maestro 4000 provides voice-guided turn-by-turn directions with preloaded maps of the 48 contiguous United States AAA TourBook® travel information and member roadside assistance details plus an additional database of nearly two million points of interest.Features:SiRF Star III GPS chips for fast position fix and reliable satellite acquisitionIntegrated antenna and battery for added portability and cord-free operation in or away from the carSmartDetour feature to help drivers route around freeway trafficQuickSpell® for fast data entry by reducing keystrokes as it checks spellingSearchable points of interest (POI) database for finding and routing to business and services like gas stations ATMs hotels restaurants airports and more. Listings include a phoen number address and travel distance.Exit POIs conveniently list gas stations lodging and restaurants at exits so dirvers can plan stops in advanceTrip Planning provides multi-destination routing when drivers need to make several stops - up to 20 destinationsPackage Includes:Windshield mount and cradleCigarette lighter adapterProtective pouchA/C power adapterUSB data cableAdhesive disk for dash mountingProduct : MAGELLAN MAESTRO 4000 WITH TURN-BY-TURN Manufacturer : MAGELLAN SYSTEM Manufacturer Part No : 980919-01A
With built-in AAA TourBook® travel information and member roadside assistance details, the Magellan Maestro 4000 Portable Auto GPS System is the ultimate travel companion. Re-engineered for easy use, its fresh graphics and intelligent touch-screen buttons offer a superior, precise navigational experience. And with its error free QuickSpell™ software you only need to enter a few letters to find your destination. The Magellan Maestro 4000 makes driving more pleasurable and less stressful.
With fresh graphics and an intelligent touch screen, the Magellan Maestro 4000 is the ultimate travel companion.
View larger - Side view
Easy to use navigation features SmartDetour and auto re-route. View larger.
Access built-in AAA information from your GPS touch screen. View larger.
The Maestro 4000 includes built-in AAA TourBook® guide travel information, giving you instant access to service details and Diamond ratings from the world's leading travel expert. Quickly find AAA approved lodgings and restaurants, AAA member roadside assistance details, and discounts available through the AAA Show Your Card & Save® program. Touch the tow truck icon and quickly access details for directing AAA member roadside assistance to your location.
Note: AAA member roadside assistance requires AAA membership.
If you don't like reading directions, you'll love the Magellan Maestro 4000. It's simple to use and ready to guide you to virtually any destination in the 48 continental United States right out of the box -- just turn it on and go. Its thin, sophisticated design and attractive, intuitive touch-screen graphics make driving a pleasure. Enter an address or select from 1.5 million preprogrammed points of interest (POIs), such as ATMs, gas stations, and restaurants with just a few screen touches. SiRFstarIII™ gives you the fastest GPS position accuracy in the industry, which you can use to route on the 2D or 3D map. Finally, let Maestro's friendly voice guide you turn-by-turn while you enjoy the drive.
Additional Product Features
- Turn-by-turn voice and visual guidance: Enter virtually any address or POI and get there quickly and safely
- Graphical interactive maps: Built-in maps and destinations for the continental U.S. mean you'll always know where you are and where you're going
- Bird's-eye 3D view: Clearly see your surroundings in 2D or 3D; also choose between Map View, TrueView™ 3D split screen, and Maneuver List
- Rechargeable battery: Navigate even when you don't have access to power
- Multi-destination routing: Select up to 20 destinations and choose the order that best fits your needs
- SmartDetour™: Automatically prompts you to route around slow freeway traffic
- Auto re-route: Never miss a turn and quickly get back on track whenever you make a detour
- Auto night view: Adjusts color and contrast for easy night viewing
- Complete mobility: Transfer your Maestro 4000 to any vehicle, with no installation
- 1.5 million points of interest (POI): Optimized database to easily find gas stations, restaurants, ATMs, and more. And with smart location you can search by name, category, and region. There's even a Coffee category so you can quickly find caffeine whenever you need it.
- Interactive POI icons: Touch an onscreen icon for a nearby destination, see name and address, and get an instant route
- Customizable route methods: Fastest time, shortest distance, least or most use of freeways, avoid toll roads
- Route exclusion: Select streets and freeways to avoid so you can get there your way
- Address Book: Create and store POIs for easy reoccurring trips
- Instant locate: One touch shows your location; quickly advise roadside assistance or emergency services
What's in the Box
Magellan Maestro 4000 Portable Auto GPS System, windshield mount and cradle, adhesive dash mount disk, cigarette lighter power adapter (12-24 watts), AC wall power supply/charger, quick reference guide, reference manual CD, and USB cable.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
So far - the device on right on target, and has proved seperior accuracy in showing me shortcuts that I would have never known. So far I am very impressed. As I said - the most difficult thing for me thus far was getting the update into the unit, but it finally did work. The other thing I am slightly confused about is the reasoning behind the SD/MMS card. When I was looking over instructions for the update - it said make sure you back up your address book to an SD card or the address book would have been erased. I went out and purchased card and backed up my address book as instructed...other than that - I am not sure I see a reason to even have a card in the unit. I know you are supposed to use it for some special features with POI, but when I put the CD in to check it out - I was totally at a loss for understanding ANYTHING. :(
If anyone can help - feel free to email me some advise here firstname.lastname@example.org
So - all in all - I give this unit 4 stars for doing a great job with directions, shortcuts, and re-routing me when I want to go another way. I do not mind it not speaking street names in particular, and actually prefer the thing to talk less. It's distracting to have another "person" taking in the car with a 4 yr old in the back seat. I'd definitely rather be able to read it in large text right on the screen. Magellan was on the money there.
One note about the customer service - as I did see some negative comments about that. I called an 800# and they were pretty nice, but not SUPER helpful. I was getting an error with the downloading of the update, and the first guy said, "keep trying - your not getting the whole file...shut down your pc and start over", and basically rushed me off the line. The second time - the guy said that Magellan was updating the website, and I should try the download again Saturday...????? (This call was made today - on Thursday). Well.......I tried when I got home from work - on my own pc - and it was perfect and super fast. The site did appear to have a different design, so I believe the 2nd guy was telling the truth.
Recommended! Cool if you have AAA - get a free year warranty!
It's easy to use. You enter your location and it tells you where to go wonderfully. The maps are easy to see. It even offers the name of the road you're supposed to turn onto. They have modified the program a bit from the 4040. On the 4040 the computer tells you how long the trip will take. The new 4000 tells you what time you're going to arrive. Much better for long rides or business trips. I might add that it was correct from Tampa Fla to NY. and Cleveland Ohio to NY. When you stop for fuel or a meal, the arrival time changes.
It lacks the Bluetooth of the 4040, but between road and car noise, the cd etc, the background noise makes it almost useless on the highway. You can hear fine, the background noise makes you hard to understand.
Once in a while, like most GPS's it offers a somewhat roundabout way of getting from point A to B but that is often because you have chosen "Most use of freeways".
It does exactly what it's supposed to do, and does it well. And for the price here on Amazon, you can't beat the value.
Most recent customer reviews