Magellan RoadMate 1400 4.3-Inch Portable GPS Navigator
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Magellan RoadMate 1400 4.3-Inch Portable GPS Navigator
- Pre-loaded with maps of Continental U.S., Hawaii and Puerto Rico
- SmartDetour automatically prompts you to route around sudden slow freeway traffic.
- Rechargeable battery lets you Navigate for up to 3 hours when power is unavailable.
- 1.3 million pre-programmed POIs make it easy to find gas stations, restaurants, ATMs, coffee and more.
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
4.3" QVGA full-color anti-glare touch screen displayText-to-speech feature calls out turns by street nameNAVTEQ ON BOARD includes U.S. maps of the 48 contiguous United States Puerto Rico and Hawaii 1.3 million points of interestCentrality Atlas III processor provides superior GPS performance and navigation QuickSpell intelligently searches and checks spelling when entering addresses SmartDetour prompts users to route around heavy or stopped freeway traffic Interactive POI icons: touch an onscreen icon for a nearby destination to see name address phone number (when available) and get an instant routeRechargeable battery: navigate for up to 3 hours when power is unavailable4 7/16" W x 3 3/16" H x 11/16" D Includes receiver cradle windshield mount CLA/FM adapter dash adhesive disk quick start guide and manual on CD-ROM
Get full turn-by-turn navigation at a breakthrough price with the Magellan RoadMate 1400. Pick a destination and choose how you navigate to virtually anywhere in the continental United States and Hawaii. Features include a 4.3-inch wide color touchscreen, intuitive menu options, and an ultra thin design.
Clear 4.3-inch QVGA color touchscreen shows your position, POIs, route, ETA, and more on the interactive map.
The Magellan RoadMate 1400 is uniquely stylish, with a 4.3-inch wide-format, full color interactive touchscreen and an ultra-thin design.
Use the intuitive menu options to pick your destination and choose how you navigate to virtually anywhere. If you want to stay on the freeway, avoid freeways, travel the shortest distance or arrive in the quickest time, your Magellan RoadMate enables you to navigate the way you want. You can even exclude specific roads or freeways from your route and also avoid toll roads. Built in maps of the continental U.S., Hawaii and Puerto Rico, plus 1.3 million pre-programmed Points of Interest make it easy to travel the country and easily find gas stations, ATMs, hotels and much more.
The advanced QuickSpell feature intelligently searches addresses and Points of Interest, offering you a simple list of available locations. It even checks spelling so you can enter a destination with just a few touches of the screen.
SmartDetour prompts you to route around sudden slow or stopped freeway traffic and automatically re-calculates the fastest detour.
The integrated rechargeable battery offers navigation for up to three hours. Search destinations, plan trips and enter addresses and personal Points of Interest from a meeting place, restaurant or anywhere power is unavailable.
Innovative easy-to-use interface makes it a breeze to find the route to your destination in seconds--without even needing to read the instructions.
Adjustable mount for your windshield or dashboard.
Key Features Include
- Large 4.3-inch WQVGA wide-format color touchscreen shows your position on the map, route, destination, ETA, surrounding Points of Interest, signal strength, next maneuver, street names and more at a glance.
- Turn-by-turn voice guidance saves time getting directions before leaving the house and enables you to keep your eyes on the road.
- Intuitive User Interface and menu options make it easy to pick destinations and choose how you navigate, without even reading the instructions.
- Uniquely stylish and compact ultra thin design makes it easy to transfer your Magellan GPS between vehicles or toss it in a suitcase to take anywhere.
- Travel the continental U.S., Hawaii and Puerto Rico with all the maps you need, pre-loaded on the included SD memory card.
- 1.3 million pre-loaded points of interest make it easy to find what you need. Gas stations, restaurants, hotels, ATMs and hundreds of other businesses and services are intuitively categorized and searchable from the built-in POI database. Most include the phone number.
- Interactive POI icons let you select the types of services and amenities you'd like to see and interactive icons appear on the map. Touch an icon for a nearby service to see address, phone number (when available) and get an instant route.
- Convenient "tow-truck icon" shows detailed information about your current location with a single touch so you can provide clear direction to roadside assistance.
- Program any location into the "Home" button and find your way back from wherever you are.
- Enter destinations with a few keystrokes. QuickSpell feature searches locations and checks spelling to provide you with a simple list of available destinations.
- SmartDetour feature prompts you to route around suddenly slow or stopped freeway traffic and automatically calculates the quickest detour. No fee or subscription is required.
- Clearly see your surroundings in 2D or 3D with birds eye 3D view.
- Auto re-route feature makes sure you never miss a turn and quickly get back on track whenever you take a detour.
- With Auto NightView color and contrast adjusts automatically for easy viewing at night.
- Choose the way you want to navigate to use the most freeways, least freeways, fastest time, shortest distance and avoid toll roads. Exclude specific streets or freeways after a route is calculated to get there the way you want.
- Select up to 20 destinations with multi-destination routing and choose the order to plan a trip in advance and repeat the same trip again. Easily reorganize, add or remove destinations.
- Address Book: Create and save personal Points of Interest for easy reoccurring trips.
- Navigate up to 3 hours when power is unavailable with the rechargeable battery:.
- The Centrality Atlas III processor with integrated GPS receiver provides superior GPS performance for accurate and reliable positioning and navigation within three meters.
What's in the Box
Magellan RoadMate 1400 receiver, vehicle power adapter, adhesive disk for dash mounting, windshield mount, basic cradle, preloaded map on SD card, user manual on CD-ROM, quick-start guide, reference manual
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The last time the unit locked, I was tapping on the screen and I guess I tapped too hard, as the LCD display now only shows half, thus spelling the end of Kathy. For my next one, I plan on getting a TomTom or Garmin. I've had it with Magellan.
I'll start with the prominent negatives: The battery life is annoying, it takes forever to charge-I mean like 12 hours, so its a good idea to keep it plugged into your car while using. Also, every once in a while-it will give you completely wrong road info-I must clarify I have the 2009 road map update-you have to buy subsequent years, thats how they get you to spend, but the problems were in an area with old potholed streets. But it is like 1 out of 10 tries.
Other than that I am very pleased with the device. The sound is loud, other than above the directions are usually spot on, I like how it goes into night mode automatically. I got it for forty bucks too-so I really shouldn't complain! Definitely for direction-challenged people, I would have a back up print out for the complicated trips just in case.
My only complain is the age of the map (3rd quarter of 2007). However Magellan will send me the 2009 Spring Map update for free (paid $10 SH) since I called them within 30 days of purchase. Calling to Magellan support was always answered quickly and the support persons were friendly and knowledgible.
I updated firmware to 3.12 and now am waiting to get the updated map.
-- The 2009 Spring Map update (SD card) was delivered in an express mail yesterday. Replaced the old SD card and reseted the GPS -- now the map is up to date.
It may just be me, but it also seems to be more accurate than my old Garmin. The Garmin used to redirect frequently even on stright stretches of read. Maybe it was just old but this Magellan was a very nice and inexpensive upgrade.