- Size (LWH): 6.6 inches, 5.8 inches, 2.4 inches
- Weight: 13.76 ounces
- Battery Type: Alkaline
Magellan eXplorist 110 Handheld GPS
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
- The eXplorist 110 GPS receiver provides core outdoor navigation with a sunlight readable color display and waterproof design
- A vibrant 2.2" color transflective screen provides the best readability in direct sunlight
- The World Edition includes a detailed road network, water features, urban and rural land use.
- Download and view more than 20 unique characteristics of each cache and view, search, filter on the device. Details include name, location, description, hider, size, difficulty, terrain, hint, and recent logs created by other geocachers
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
Magellan eXplorist 110 : Fundamentals for Outdoor Navigation
Out of the box and ready to go, the Magellan eXplorist 110 GPS receiver comes with everything you need to explore the outdoors.
A vibrant, transflective color screen allows for the best readability in direct sunlight. To zero in on the exact location of a geocache, favorite fishing spot, or the next summit, the SiRFstarIII GPS chipset provides accuracy of 10-15 feet (3-5 meters). To keep your outdoor adventure going all day long, the device is powered by two AA batteries for 18 hours of constant usage. The eXplorist 110 is rugged, waterproof, and submersible (IPX-7). All of this is packed into a small and attractive handheld form factor that can be hung around your neck with the optional Magellan lanyard or attached to your pack with the built-in carabineer hook.
The eXplorist 110 is pre-loaded with the World Edition map, which includes a complete road network in the United States, Canada, Western Europe, and Australia and major roads throughout the rest of the world. This unique preloaded map also includes water features, urban and rural land use, and city centers. Regional versions of Magellan's Summit Series topographic maps are available for download to expand mapping coverage and level of detail.
Overlay a series of different transparent compass styles on top of a pre-loaded worldwide map that show roads, water features, parks, and city centers. Access the dashboard screen that shows a mini-compass for quick reference and customizable navigation data fields, such as latitude, longitude, heading, bearing, distance to end, trip odometer, and many more. Go back to the map screen and view your active track, which is a series of digital breadcrumbs to record all yours movements. Mark your starting point (car, trailhead, parking lot…) with a waypoint and easily navigate back to that location at the end of the day.
The eXplorist 110 supports paperless geocaching, which allows you to download more than 20 unique characteristics of each cache, including name, location, description, hider, size, difficulty, terrain, hint, spoilers, attributes, and last 20 user logs among a number of other details.
Reference your track summary to keep track of your distance traveled, elevation gained or lost, complete travel time, moving time and stopped time, and average time to find. Easily reset your track summary statistics to track the details of your next geocaching adventure.
No matter where you enjoy the outdoors, the eXplorist 110 GPS receiver will provide precise GPS signals thanks to the Satellite Based Augmentation Systems (SBAS) of WAAS, EGNOS, and MSAS; display coordinates in a myriad of different global systems, including UTM and WGS84; and accurately guide you to and from your next adventure, where ever in the world that may be.
The eXplorist 110 GPS receiver provides core outdoor navigation with a sunlight readable color display and waterproof design.
Brilliant, Sunlight Readable Color Screen
A vibrant 2.2" color transflective screen provides the best readability in direct sunlight.
World Edition Pre-loaded Map
The World Edition includes a detailed road network, water features, urban and rural land use.
Download and view more than 20 unique characteristics of each cache and view, search, filter on the device. Details include name, location, description, hider, size, difficulty, terrain, hint, and recent logs created by other geocachers
18 Hours of Battery Life
Go strong for an entire day (or more). No stopping to replace the batteries. Conserve battery life by putting the device into an advanced power saving mode. Suspend mode will turn off everything expect for GPS tracking. Wake up the device with a single click.
Rugged and Waterproof
The eXplorist 110 GPS receiver is submersible and tested to IPX-7 standards, which means it can withstand depths up to 1-meter for a total of 30 minutes.
High Sensitivity GPS
The integrated SiRFStarIII GPS chipset provides up to 3 meters accuracy with the assistance of WAAS, EGNOS, and MSAS to provide the most accurate location information worldwide.
- Brilliant, sunlight readable color screen. A vibrant 2.2" color transflective screen provides the best readability in direct sunlight.
- Easy to Navigate Menus and Rich Graphics. A simple main menu, intuitive contextual menus, and vibrant graphics make this device easy to use.
- Rugged and waterproof to IPX-7 standards. Focus on the adventure not protecting the device.
- High-sensitivity SiRFstarIII GPS with 3-5 meter accuracy. 3-5 meter GPS accuracy provides a superior navigation experience.
- Pre-loaded World Edition Map. Referencing a complete road network in North America and Western Europe and major roads throughout the rest of the populated world to help in orientation. See parks, rivers, lakes, major city points, and other types of land use areas.
- 18 Hours of battery life using 2 AA batteries. Go strong for an entire day (or more). No stopping to replace the batteries. Product comes with Lithium batteries but works with any type of AA.
- Suspend Mode. The goal is to conserve battery life by putting the device into an advanced power saving mode. Suspend mode will turn off everything expect for GPS tracking. Wake up the device with a single click.
- Paperless Geocaching. Download and view more than 20 unique characteristics of each cache and view, search, filter on the device. Details include name, location, description, hider, size, difficulty, terrain, hint, spoilers, and last 20 user logs among a number of other details. The eXplorist 110 holds up to 500 geochaches.
- 500 megabytes of user memory available. Loads of space to store additional maps, geocaches, waypoints, and tracks.
- Record Tracks and See "Breadcrumbs" on the Map Screen. Keep a log of all the steps you took throughout the day. Reference your track to find your way back or to keep a digital journal of all your outdoor adventures
- Track Summary. Start your journey with one-click and keep tabs on useful statistics such as distance travelled, average speed, elevation gain and descent, and average time to find
- NMEA Message Output (USB Only). For hardcore outdoor GPS enthusiasts who want to connect their device to laptop running VantagePoint software and see your position on computer screen.
- Multiple Coordinates and Map Datums. Navigate around the world and do it accurately. See your geographic location in UTM coordinates or reference the OS Grid for use in Great Britain.
What's in the Box?
- Magellan eXplorist 110 GPS Receiver
- Quick Start Guide
- 2 AA Lithium Batteries
- Geocaching.com 30 Day Free Trial Flyer
- Energizer Battery Coupon
Additional Maps and Software
VantagePoint software is a powerful application that allows you to manage your Magellan outdoor GPS experience from your Windows computer
Create a direct connection between your web browser and your Magellan GPS receiver connected to computer via USB cable
Easy to Navigate Menus and Rich Graphics
A simple main menu, intuitive contextual menus, and vibrant graphics make this device easy to use
Start your journey with one-click and keep tabs on useful statistics such as distance travelled, average speed, elevation gain and descent, and average time to find
Record Tracks and See "Breadcrumbs" on the Map Screen
Keep a log of all the steps you took throughout the day. Reference your track to find your way back or to keep a digital journal of all your outdoor adventures
Map with Compass Overlay
Two great navigation tools combined on one screen.
Download and view more than 20 unique characteristics of each cache and view, search, filter on the device. Details include name, location, description, hider, size, difficulty, terrain, hint, and recent logs created by other Geocachers. The eXplorist 110 will hold up to 500 geocaches.
Assign a name and create a description for your waypoints. The eXplorist 110 will hold up to 1,000 waypoints
Save up to 25 routes on your eXplorist 110. Customize the names and descriptions
See important information at a glance.
Fish and Hunt Calendar
See the best days to fish and hunt wherever you are
Sun and Moon Calendar
Know exactly when the sun rises and sets so you can plan your days in the outdoors
|eXplorist GC||eXplorist 110||eXplorist 310||eXplorist 510||eXplorist 610||eXplorist 710|
|Best in Class Base Map||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Updateable / Loadable Maps||-||-||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Camera and Microphone||-||-||-||✔||✔||✔|
|Compass and Barometer||-||-||-||-||✔||✔|
|Summit Series Maps||-||-||-||-||✔||✔|
|City Series Maps||-||-||-||-||-||✔|
|Features||Dedicated geocaching device that comes with features beginner or advance geocachers will appreciate.||A solid device with all the basic navigation you’ll need to get to your campsite and back.||Customize your device with your own map content from Nat Geo, Navionics, Fishing Hot Spots and more.||Capture and share your adventures with the built in camera and microphone. Shoot stills and video, with geotagging and voice annotations.||Increase safety and precision with additional sensors, elevation and barometric altimeter to predict weather conditions.||The ultimate navigation tool with the ability to get you from your doorstep to summit and back again.|
Top Customer Reviews
I have not had the unit long but my initial reaction is pleased. It starts up quickly and after the first initial satellite search the GPS locks onto signal with minimal wait time. It feels solid but I don't want to test out how accurate the rugged and waterproof claim is on purpose. I found the quick start manual and the full owner's manual to be vague and not really useful so I fiddled with settings and various features for a couple hours learning how to navigate around and use the GPS.
Here are a few things I learned (most seem obvious now but at the time very frustrating):
I set the Map Orientation to "North Up" to keep me from getting disoriented when looking at the map screen; turned the Auto-Zoom and Night Mode to "off"; and lengthened the Backlight and Suspend Timers so I didn't have to push buttons constantly to see the screen (does drain battery faster though). These are personal preferences though.
Downloading geocaches was a simple and painless process. It is true that in order to take full advantage of the geocaching features a premium membership is required, but a free month trial period is included with purchase.Read more ›
Next, the number of icons in the key for marking out points is abundant in the Magellan. With the Garmin, I had one or two icons to use for everything. So I was using the same icon to mark out docks, fishing spots, large rocks in the water to avoid with the boat, gas stations, parking lots, etc. With the Magellan, there is a ton of great icons made just for marking out all these spots, including even a little fish icon for making out the fishing holes. There's a skull and cross bones icon that I find perfect for using to mark large underwater rock that can put holes in the bottom of the boat.
The color screen on this Magellan is vibrant.Read more ›
This seems like a very nice unit for the price - solidly constructed, with customizable screens, etc. as well.
Buy it - you'll be happy you did!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Pretty good; it has a few features that I'm not as thrilled with (and man, I wish they'd come out with some way to make it more visible in bright sunlight-- I live in the... Read morePublished 2 months ago by Suzanne E Barnes
I mainly use this GPS for navigation and for what I will call "photocaching", for lack of a better term. Read morePublished 5 months ago by Amazon Customer
Bought this unit for geocaching. Although the downloaded geocaches from Geocaching.com can be found reasonable accurately, I have found that this unit is useless for entering... Read morePublished 8 months ago by Scott Harris
It's hard to navigate when you're used to touch screen and the ease of getting around on a phone gps device. Read morePublished 8 months ago by Amazon Customer
Charge does not last long enough for my needs. Requires a pair of AAA batteries. Screen under sun conditions blocks the view. Read morePublished 14 months ago by Arturo RG
I got it as a gift. I could not load multi caches . I could not add caches unless I was tethered to a computer so if we were traveling and wanted to stop to do a geocache, it... Read morePublished 14 months ago by Jeff
I used it 3 times before it totally froze. I tried everything to get it working again, and was told by Magellan support that my best option was a $20 discount on buying a new... Read morePublished 15 months ago by Justin J Schmidt
Works great but the batteries die so quickly - make sure you keep a couple of spares if you go using it all day long!Published 15 months ago by prionbrain