Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Magformers Inspire Set (30-pieces)
Amazon Vehicles Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Chris Staples Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Water Sports STEM

on October 5, 2013
Of course all Magformers can be enjoyed by boys and girls alike..... in fact, I think the rainbow colored sets in particular are very appealing to girls already.....however to me, it's just an added bonus that this set contains my girls' favorite colors....one loves blue, the other purple, and both love pink in addition.
I have no doubt that these pieces will get combined with the sets their little brother has and is getting for the holidays....so they'll be nice mixed with orange, blue, green, yellow and reds. I also have no doubt their brother will happily play with this set, as he happens to also be a fan of pink.
So, while I'm not at all offended by this set being marketed specifically as a "girls" set, I do wonder if the distinct "Inspire" line was a necessary addition to distinguish for genders. Magformers are already ALL wonderfully inspiring play sets for ALL kids.
on July 17, 2015
Magformers sent me the two products pictured above for free in exchange for my honest review.

I have been hearing so many wonderful reviews on these that I was so excited for the opportunity to test them out. I have walked by them in various stores and always passed them up because they seemed so pricey and it was not in our budget to just buy them on the hopes that our daughter would like them. I am so happy that we received these because they are such a huge hit that I regret not getting them any sooner. They would make an awesome gift to other kids too and they are on our list, they are wonderful toy that I now know is worth it and fun.

What are Magformers?! They stick together magnetically and are easy to pull apart. They are the perfect size for little hands and easy to hold onto because of the shapes. I am pleased that the edges are round and they are very colorful. In the Designer 62 piece set that we received, each piece is two color toned. In the Inspire 30 piece set that we received, each shape is one color. All these need is a stable surface to play on and focused little hands to build fun 3d figures.

My daughter will be 3 at the end of August and she loves to stack the pieces on top of eachother and sort them by shape. I find this to be a great opportunity to practice counting also. After she experimented with them alittle when we took them out of the box, she was so excited that they were sticking together and that they were real magnets. She created her very own rocket ship that you can see in the pictures below. I did not help her at all. I was so proud of her and she was pleased with herself.

My husband and I find ourselves playing with the Magformers building balls, houses, and random things. They are fun for kids and adults of all ages and different levels of expertise!!

My daughter gets frustrated with traditional blocks so easily because they are constantly falling over. So, she has really enjoyed playing with these and being able to build towers with confidence and know that they are going to stay. I love how they allow for your imagination to go wild. There are so many things that you can make with Magformers that there is really no limit on how to use them. The sets each came with a little booklet suggesting things to build so it is a great starter.

Magformers sells many different sets anything from basic to complex.
on January 31, 2014
We have 4 granddaughters and they all enjoy the Magformers - I've even given them as gifts to other children.
Also, they're large enough so that we don't have to worry about our 2-year old putting them in her mouth!
on October 6, 2013
I liked the pastel colors so the sister could tell her Magformers apart from her brother's. We can't have enough Magformers. Every kids that visits our house loves them!
on January 4, 2015
My grandchildren who are ages 3 through 7 love these. What a great fun and educational toy....
On the down side: When you look at a single piece and know that it costs more than a dollar ....... I feel the items are overpriced by the company but the are unique and better than building blocks.
on March 21, 2016
I bought 2 of these. One for my 9 year old and one for my 6 year old. They both love them. My 2 year old also loves them and steals them often. They are easy to use and fun to create with. I love toys where the kids can manipulate the pieces an use their imaginations. They are pricy but i got mine during christmas on sale. I will be buying more when i find them on sale again. They are a hit with all three of my kids. This set does make it difficult to build big things, i do wish i would have gotten a bigger set.
on July 9, 2015
These are great magnetic creation devices! I like the fact that there is the element of design and engineering, but in the colors of pink and purple that my daughter loves which keeps her interested longer. My kiddos are 3.5 and really enjoy creating things with these. They can't make the more advanced shapes like the ball all on their own, but they will help me make it and love to watch the design. These were definitely a good buy for a starter kit.
on July 24, 2016
Purchased these to compliment the 62 pc. pastel Magformer set bought at the same time. My 5 yr. old daughter loves these to go with her others. She has had a jewel tone colored set for at least 2 yrs. now, that all of her little friends love to play with, and they must be a great, strong quality toy because she breaks everything, but not these. I do make her keep them picked up after play, so they don't get broken. I've been concerned about the small magnets inside of them, but none have ever broke. They are a well made toy that the kids always love to play with.
on February 18, 2015
I bought these for my 4 year old niece and she loves them! She will play with them for hours. My husband and I even loved to play with them building the more complex shapes when our niece was sleeping. I wish I had them when I was a kid.
on February 19, 2016
These are great. I am going to buy more. I just wish they were cheaper. I got them for a 9 year old girl and she loved them and was pleased that they came in pink. She plays with them all the time. To my surprise my 4 year old and 3 year old nephew loves them more than she did. They build all kind things and make all kinds of shapes out of them. It helps develop the little ones fine motor skill and sharpens their imagination. One of them likes to make a tower and then smash it down with their hand. They are very sturdy due to the magnets, but collapses easily if you smash them. They make necklaces and head pieces also. I do recommend them even for smaller kids.