Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $4.64 shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
13 Steps to Mentalism by Corinda
|Price:||$27.99 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Recommended for ages 12 and above.
- Great GIFT for the magic hobbyist or professional
- Shipping Weight: 1.375 lbs
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
"This book has long been considered the "Bible" for mentalism methods and effects. What Expert at the Card Table is to cards, this book is to mentalism. 13 chapters devoted to the various methods used by today's top mentalists and performers.
"Nobody knew where Tony Corinda came from, but everyone knew he was here. Today, known throughout the world, Corinda has been acclaimed as inventor, writer and teacher of Mentalism, the art of mind reading. While on tour in America, his friends persuaded him to write a book and with the support of nearly every professional mentalist in the world, Corinda set out to compile the 13 Steps to Mentalism.
After two years the series was published. Corinda succeeded in producing what has become the only real encyclopedia of mental magic. For this, he has received many honors, including recognition from the Magic Circle who awarded him membership to the Inner Circle with a Gold Star, a highly prestigious award." (from the inside cover)"
1. The Swami-Gimmick - This gimmick makes it possible to make written predictions. Explained are the various types of gimmicks which exist, their uses and their applications (24 effects).
2. Pencil, Lip, Sound, Touch, and Muscle Reading - Thanks to movements that most of us aren't aware of making, you can learn to perform incredible effects.
3. Mnemonics and Mental Systems - To the mentalist, properly used memory systems are indispensable. You can give incredible demonstrations any time.
4. Predictions - This chapter describes the basic techniques used with swami gimmick and other items to make seemingly impossible predictions.
5. Blindfolds and X-Ray Eyes - Blindfolds can turn ordinary stunts into incredible performances. Learn how to use them to your advantage.
6. Billets - Learn switches, tears, retentions and peeks - and put them to good use.
7. Book Tests - Use books in a routine that seems impossible.
8. Two Person Telepathy - Use these methods to create a two person mentalism act.
9. Mediumistic Stunts - Things which seem to be more than they really are.
10. Card Tricks - Mentalism with cards.
11. Question and Answer (Readings) - Learn the basics of Cold Reading.
12. Publicity Stunts - How to gain publicity.
13. Patter and Presentation - Methods which will help the presentation of your mentalism effects.
The cover is very deceiving. Each of the 13 Steps are jammed packed, yet detailed enough that anyone can grasp and utilize the information given.
While describing to you the nuances of each Step, the author leaves room to encourage the individual to be creative enough to make it his or her own. Personally, I don't want to be a copy of someone else, and neither should you. I have made a name for myself being myself. It's that simple.
Anyone looking for all that and a bag of chips, look no farther. Buy the book.
Ask any pro mentalist working today of what books influenced them and 13 Steps will be listed along with the books by Theo Annemann. For a while, this book was not easy to find, but now that it has been reprinted, snatch it up. Also, I do not recommend getting a scanned copy (some are available here and there) but obtain the printed version. Much easier to study, mark up and actually use. Think of this book as required reading for a mentalist and a text book that you will reference time and again after the initial read through.
My only complaint is that I do not like the font size or the layout of the book. The font is too small for my liking and I would have liked an index to better locate the information I am looking for. Still, if you want to know how to be a mentalist, or simply to know how the tricks are being done, this is a great resource.