I wanted to like the keyboard, but for the price it’s just not that functional. There is definitely some good things about the keyboard case but all of the good things still don’t make this case worth $300.
1) Sleek looking
2) amazing trackpad/ touchpad functionality
3) no Bluetooth pairing required, it automatically pairs using the smart connector
4) can charge the iPad using the usb c port on the case
1) there is no function keys or shortcuts on the keyboard
2) the viewing angles are limited. Only 2 positions
3) the iPad cannot be used in tablet mode unless you remove the iPad from the keyboard/case, so there’s no protection for the iPad while using it alone
4) even with the iPad attached to the keyboard then sides/edges of the iPad are not protected. The case only covers the front and back
I have both the magic keyboard and another keyboard case that I ordered from Amazon and I prefer the other keyboard case because it is more functional and was much more affordable ($75). I have added photos for comparison. The only reason why I gave the magic keyboard case 2 stars, is because it is an Apple product that is well made, if this case were made by another company I would give it 1 star! I’m so disappointed in Apple for this keyboard case. This is the only Apple Product that has completely let me down ( I have, and iPhone, iPad Pro, MacBook, Apple Pencil, Magic Mouse, AirPods, & Applet TV). This product does not follow in suit with other apple products.
|Product Dimensions||10.18 x 7.96 x 0.87 inches; 1.81 Pounds|
|Item Weight||1.81 pounds|
|Item model number||MXQT2LL/A|
|Date First Available||March 18, 2020|