BCA Month Salon Beauty Fall Reading Women's Coat Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now PSFF17_gno

on April 28, 2013
The product is as advertised with the following caveats, esp. for apartment owners -

Good: Instant screen door; opens and closes as promised; quick installation

Poor/Bad: On my interior side of my patio door, I must either remove the weather stripping (the inside frame) or remove the door to move the screen to the outside frame (take the door off the hinges). On the exterior side of the door frame, the left support is indented, making that application impossible as the frame is not flush at the top.

Therefore I have two boxes of "screen magnet doors" with no doors to put them on.

One last item: when the screen locks together, the seam is flush top to bottom but not front to back. There is a side gap that forms between sections that is clearly wide enough for any mosquito to enter. I would suggest spraying the screen with some sort of "repellent" to prevent their slipping through this gap.
on June 20, 2012
The screen was not cut and sewn square. As a result, no amount of adjustment to the attaching points would allow the screen to work properly. I returned it.
on June 30, 2013
I purchased the magic mesh last year (in Target, Summer 2012) to reduce doors slamming on our screen house. It worked great and closed quickly most of the time. It would open briefly if it was windy out, but closed up again when the breeze slowed down. After getting a puppy, it was no longer keeping bugs out since the lower third was a bit shredded. Ordered replacements, they came, and we installed. I was in the process of taking the magnets off the old shredded screen when I noticed the new screen's magnets were half the size (and much less powerful) as last year's model. The screen didn't close as quickly/strongly with the new magnets- we thought it was how we installed it until we replaced many of the new magnets with the old ones and doubled up some of the new magnets to make the product work as well as it did last year.

Amazing how quickly the product got flimsy; the product I purchased last year was considerably better and I would have given it a 4 to 5 star review. The only reason this got 3 stars was because I was able to make it work with last year's stronger magnets.

**Update** I just reduced the rating of from 3 to 1 star. It has been up for 2 weeks of light use (no parties, 2 adults and 2 kids and the puppy leaves it alone and uses the doggie door now) and one side of the the 'magic mesh' screen has already ripped AT THE REINFORCED EDGING! The quality of this product is horrible now. I would not recommend it to anybody who has an active family. It has been treated the same as last year's model and fared much worse. I do not recommend this product.
on October 15, 2013
I disagree with some of the negative reviews. The product works, and works well, if you follow the instructions and install it correctly.

It is a little fragile, so it can rip if you catch it on something while coming or going.

If you are careful with it, and install it correctly, it will keep out the bugs and let in fresh air.

It does introduce a security issue for your home, since it makes it very easy for anyone to come into your house uninvited! That's something to consider, for sure.
on September 4, 2013
The design concept was laudable... the execution did not live up to the claims of the manufacturer. It was very difficult to install, contrary to advertisement... even using the useless tacks provided... the Velcro was of poor quality and failed miserably... the magnets were so impotent... a breeze caused them to disengage... we were completely disappointed and dissathified with the product.
on May 6, 2014
I had a set of these on my sliding glass doors last year and LOVED them! I have a golden retriever and two cats that love the freedom to come and go onto the deck! I love them because I don't have to open and close the door all day long! Keeps me bug free and clean air coming in. I ordered two sets and gave a set to my friend when she asked about mine. Will be ordering more- only problem is the dog RUNS through them when someone comes and last year we lost a couple of the magnets(but were able to put them back together)-that is the only thing that could be better. I would recommend these to everyone that needs a screen-hands free to open,and auto close--LOVE them!
on June 24, 2014
I've been using the bug-screens for several years and due to high traffic use daily by my dog and my cat, the cost to replace these screens is money well spent in my opinion. I usually have to replace every year, so this product fits my needs nicely. By the way, I do not use the supplied Velcro fasteners, I prefer the tacks, which are also furnished, to attach to my rear patio door.
on April 21, 2013
Yes a good price for two. But these come in a plain white box, which leads me to believe that they are not Magic Mesh, but a cheaper imatation.
They are not long enough for a standard house doorway. About 9 inches short.
After hanging, I decided to leave up until I can get a real Magic Mesh, which I have had before and highly recommend,
On the second day the magnets on both began to fall apart.
The only god comment I can really make is good delivery time, and the fabric seems ok.
Buy the real Magic Mesh...save the hassle
on June 21, 2014
I had purchased Magic Mesh before, and they lasted two years. Thinking these were the same, I bought them again since the last pair were faded but in good shape otherwise.

These were clearly not the same. Within a week, the bindings around the frame had frayed right into the palm of my hand. The magnets were not strong to hold them closed. The Velcro fasteners were not adequate enough to stay stuck to where they should.

Overall, this manufacturer has a very poor quality product. I have since purchased others with much better results.
on July 27, 2013
So it takes a while for the product to come that's fine, but when I open it it's an ugly yellow color and all the magnets are falling off. So at first I thought it would just snap back on but no, the product is just horrible. Some of the magnets wouldn't even stick together. I didn't feel like going through the whole return thing so I just tossed it in the trash. I wouldn't buy this if I were you