Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Digital Albums PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 2,834 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 3,234 reviews
on May 12, 2017
Channing Tatum and friends dancing in next to nothing. Cool music. The romance storyline isn't believable-- no chemistry-- but who cares. This movie is great fun to watch with girlfriends or if you're feeling down-- trust me, you'll cheer right up! It has an R rating for a reason, so if you're offended by blatant sexuality and sex simulated at a strip club, this isn't your film. But for the rest of us-- SO much fun.
on November 4, 2014
Though Channing Tatum's performance was surprisingly decent, the rest of the movie vacillated between stories of the strippers (kind of, usually one or two sentences here and there) and Mike's struggle to make enough money to start his business (or whatever). A cartoonish turn by Matthew McConaughey was amusing, but the rest of the dancing was fairly bad (though this could have been a plot point to illustrate the level at which these guys were working). I really wanted to like this movie, but it was really just a bunch of disjointed pieces. Also, major annoyance: Mike has a brand-new truck, the van that serves his "detail" business is shiny and new, he has a construction job (albeit a bad one) and he can't get a loan to start his business? Not to mention his swinging digs.

Magic Mike is ok for a mindless laugh, but even then, not the best mindless laugh I've had. Not by a long-shot.
on May 10, 2017
I won't lie - that man-dancing aside, it was entertaining enough that I sat through it with her. Not a horrible movie. Maybe I'm saying that because I liked a majority of the cast? I guess the plot actually does suck....

Okay, let's just be real - no one watches this movie for the plot. Ladies (and gentlemen, if this movie falls into the realm of your proclivities), enjoy.
on September 23, 2014
Literally the WORST thing I have ever seen. Good looking men with nice bodies being GOOD PEOPLE, WORKING HARD and BEING LOVING is sexy… this movie was just full of physically attractive men with no morals and no life. The plot is terrible, complete with bad acting, cheesy lines, and pathetic characters. ALl one-dimensional, unintelligent, unmotivated people living selfish lives that center around material things. The story line is basically non-existent, revolving around the demise of a few previously semi-respectible people that drags on and on until you wonder why you have even kept watching it. The only reason I finished the entire thing is because I thought for SURE it would get better as it went - which is NOT true, it only got worse and worse. Not at all entertaining, but very depressing as I know so many of my generation live this way and think that this kind of stuff IS entertainment. It went straight from my DVD player and into the trash because that's exactly what it is.
on February 18, 2016
I've wanted to see this for a while. I heard this and the new one are both good fun, and I was expecting mindless entertainment. I put it on one afternoon while my husband napped, and... Eh. Halfway through I stopped giving it my full attention. The guys are pretty, I guess, though a bit muscular for me. The music is fun, but it's interrupted by too much bad acting. I guess I don't see what all the fuss is about. The movie was boring, the actors weren't that great to look at, and the plot was basically nonexistent or unbelievable. Take your pick, because either adjective will work.
on March 16, 2013
The story line was very unclear and boring. I deserve to have a refund on this one. The trailer lured me in and once I bought in I was terribly disappointed with what I was seeing. Channing Tatum was awesome when he danced on stage but nothing else made sense. I was embarrassed for Matthew Mcconaughey too I won't say more however you've been warned. Boogie Nights " Magic Mike definitely is not. I'm rating it 2.5 because Tatum's dance moves deserves the praise. He should have shot a film with himself dancing for 2 hours and no dialogue. It would have been a better investment of time and talent. My opinion.

SKC
March 16, 2013
on March 2, 2015
Do not understand all the hype of this movie. I tried watching it once and turned it off. When I saw there was a second movie coming out I thought maybe I was in a bad frame of mind when I watched it the first time. The second time I watched it, I kept waiting for the movie to have a plot. When it ended I was shocked. It felt like it ended before it should have. I won't bother watching the second one and I wish I could get back the time I wasted watching this one.
on August 4, 2015
I understand why this movie is popular, there is no denying that the men in the movie are attractive, that being said while there were points in this movie where I lost interest. I enjoyed the background story of Tatum's character Mike, but I found myself very annoyed with the character Adam. I do understand he was suppose to be a punk kid, but I was like seriously dude at some points. I really liked Brooke and Joanna and thought they were interesting characters. I thought it had a decent story line, that had a good pace. The ending was a bit of a cliffhanger but it is understandable since they recently released a sequel. That being said while I did not like some points in the movie and found myself bored at points, I will most likely at some point see the sequel, and did find points of this movie entertaining thus the 4 star rating.
on July 31, 2013
OK, I understand that this is a movie for women but don't be deceived into thinking there is a though provoking storyline to it. In fact except for the dance sequences, there's not much reason to watch this movie. The "It's Raining Men" part is the best in the movie and having it on DVD you can fast forward through the rest of the crap. I did find out one thing I wasn't aware of....Channing Tatum can dance! I haven't seen his other dancing movies so I really had no clue, but in this movie, well, he burns it up. this movie might be fun for a girls night in, but I'm glad I didn't pay the price at the theater to see it.
on September 26, 2015
HORRIBLE plot line, if you could even qualify it as a plot. Very drawn out, very predictable. Boring as hell, a waste of my money. I regret watching it as that's two hours of my life that I'll never get back. Only a couple of the actors are even mildly sexy, Dancing was good, muscles rippled in ways I was not sure were possible. Music wasn't that great, the oufits were so predictable. Boring boring boring. I thought that I would treat myself to a total chick flick while my husband was out hunting, but I would have rather watched gone in 60 seconds for the bajillionth time, or any of my other favorite movies again.