Oil month Automotive HPC Best Books of the Month Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Made for you. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Hostiles available to rent Hostiles available to rent Hostiles available to rent  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SWMTVT18_gno

Magic for a Price: An Allie Beckstrom Novel
Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

on July 15, 2016
I'm relatively new to the world of fantasy fiction, but I find Devon Monk's take on it to be refreshingly entertaining. I like how she takes a realistic and urban approach to the concept of magic, it's easier to grab onto rather than the Merlinesque/ Game of thrones style fantasy that seems more typical. The characters and dialogue are well done, it's solid book all round!😎
on March 2, 2014
Magic is poisoned. Allie is unable to use magic without hurting herself. Leander and Isabelle, the strongest soul compliments ever, have possessed the Overseer of the Authority. The Overseer has sent Seattle to shut down Portland and close or kill it's Authority. Daniel is full of surprises as usual and Shame and Terric are so powerful their magic is all but uncontrollable.

I'd say the final chapter of the series is explosive. This has been a great series from the start and it saddens me to see it come to an end. The Allie Beckstrom Series will remain on my favorite series list for a long time to come.

I recommend not only this book, but the entire series.
on July 8, 2014
I like this series, and would recommend it to anyone who likes urban fantasy mysteries with a bit of romance, or romance with a lot of other things besides the romance going on. The world-building is unique, and makes sense to me - no power should come without a price. In the "tough but still vulnerable heroine" genre, this one is a gem.

I highly recommend reading them in order, so here is the list, since I initially had some trouble figuring out the order (kindle publishing dates are not always a solid guide):

Allie Beckstrom Series - in order

Book #7 Magic on the Line
Book #8 Magic without Mercy
Book #9 Magic For A Price

Related:
HELL BENT, book #1 of the Broken Magic series (spinoff books from my Allie Beckstrom series)
It’s from Shame’s point of view, but Allie plays a part in it too
(info from Author's website: http://www.devonmonk.com/)
on March 8, 2018
I have finally finished this series. I read a lot of it at first then things, life happened. I'm glad I finally got to finish it. I got to watch the characters grow and the world Devon Monk made grow too. She did a wonderful job of world building. You've got to read the series! Don't miss something wonderful.
on January 25, 2014
Ta da! That is how a series should end. An awesome and brilliant story that answered all our questions about Allie's past and her seemingly distant father. A very well written book that tied all loose ends. I could definitely read this again. One of the best books I've read but maybe I'm a little biased since I've come to love Allie Beckstrom. I would definitely miss reading about her but writing another installment would ruin this sweet ending. Totally loved this. Hats off to you Devon Monk and thanks for the exciting ride!
on July 25, 2017
It's so awesome when you find a series you enjoy and then find out there are actually 9 full novels in the series, each one as good as the last!
on February 20, 2018
If this series had to end, this is the way it should. I’ve enjoyed all of the Allie Beckstrom books and this is the best of all!
on November 20, 2017
Devon Monk has cost me so much money over the last 6 months!
Start the series at the beginning - this is not one you can even attempt to pick up in the middle.

Everything she has written is good. Just don't start a book when an important deadline coming up soon!
on January 29, 2016
One of the best series I have read. Great plot, characters and character development.. I read the entire series in just a few days- I could not put any of the books down. Late nights and early mornings. When the end came I was not ready to say goodbye to Allie, Zayvion, Shamus, Davy ,Terric, Stone, Dad Beckstrom, and Magic. Thank you Devon Monk. ZMM
on April 8, 2017
Great humor mixed with magic ..Can't be bet. Wish she had written 10 more books in the series. Loved every one of them.