Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "The Magic School Bus -Blasting Off With Erupting V..." and save 40% off the $19.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $5.02 shipping
The Magic School Bus -Blasting Off With Erupting Volcanoes
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 business-day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $5.99. (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Educational and fun for kids
- Great hands on learning kit
- Encourages creative learning. Kit has everything you need.
- The magic school bus science kit
- Ms. Frizzle and her students take child on a science field trip
- Comes with a great volcano poster and stickers
- 20 page colorful illustrated manual with a guide for the adult
- Real volcanic rock included
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers also shopped for
Special offers and product promotions
CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Ms. Frizzle and her students take Young Scientists on a wild ride while blasting off with erupting volcanoes. Young Scientists learn about the layers of the Earth, study tectonic plate movement, explore different volcanic shapes and eruptions, make real pumice float, create the ultimate "lava" mixture, paint and explode a volcano, and much, much more! This explosive kit includes a colorful poster with volcanic facts, pictures, and stickers. Seatbelts, everyone! Get ready to Blast off with Exploding Volcanoes!
From the Manufacturer
Ms. Frizzle and her students take young scientists on a wild ride while blasting off with erupting volcanoes. Young scientists learn about the layers of the Earth, study tectonic plate movement, explore different volcanic shapes and eruptions, make real pumice float, create the ultimate “lava” mixture, paint and explode a volcano and much, much more. This explosive kit includes a colorful poster with volcanic facts, pictures and stickers. Seatbelts, everyone. Get ready to blast off with exploding volcanoes. The magic school bus science kit. Ms. Frizzle and her students take child on a science field trip. Comes with a unique circuit board holder. 20 page colorful illustrated manual with a guide for the adult. Materials to make circuits with light bulbs, buzzer, games and more.
Compare with similar items
Learning Resources Erupting Volcano Model
Smoothfoam K-103 Mega Volcano Kit-White
Ultimate Volcano Science Kit – Craft a Volcano and Make It Erupt
4M Volcano and Crystal Mining Science Kit
4M Kitchen Science Kit
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Smoothfoam by Plasteel||Discover With Dr. Cool||Amazon.com||Amazon.com|
|Item Dimensions||2.5 x 9 x 10.5 in||13 x 13 x 11 in||11.25 x 11.25 x 4.75 in||8 x 2 x 11 in||3.63 x 3.75 x 3.75 in||2.5 x 8.5 x 6.75 in|
|Item Weight||1 lb||4.25 lbs||—||2.01 lbs||7.2 ounces||6.4 ounces|
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1) Get two large pots (both large enough to fit expanded volcano inside);
2) Fill each with enough water to cover entire volcano;
3) Heat one pot to close to a boil, the other pot should be filled with cold water;
4) Remove hot pot from heat and dip volcano in hot water for 10 seconds;
5) Remove volcano from hot water (use tongs if you have them) and place on counter;
6) Immediately mold into circular form by rotating two hands around the sides (careful it's a little hot at this point);
7) After molding for a few seconds (like 5) dip into cold pot for 10 - 15 seconds to hold the form.
8) Remove from cold water - and it should look like a round volcano!
9) You may have to repeat the steps a few times - we did (but only because we tend to be perfectionists :-)
Hope this all helps! Happy Holidays folks!
The "volcano" was thin cheap and floppy and wouldn't even stand up. Besides a few plastic beakers, no other materials were included, there was no paint, you have to provide all of the materials to make the volcano erupt. We weren't even able to use the volcano structure so we had to make the eruption in the beaker which wasn't very awe inspiring for the kids. This was a waste of money.
1. Use a thick piece of cardboard or a shoe box lid, cover with foil to waterproof, then tack down the volcano with 4 push pins to keep it stable.
2. Paint is very thin, and you're painting on plastic. Apply thickly. Reapply a few times, drying in between.
3. For additional learning: Google volcano eruption images and let kids (and you) try to identify shapes and eruption styles. Also, YouTube has a great child-safe documentary video on Mt. St. Helen's eruption.
4. Don't add the dye to the volcano until you've experimented a bit, simply due to the mess. We just saved it for our final presentation.
5. For fun, video your children's experiments then let them review the videos to confirm which experimental formulas worked the best. My girls loved this!
Overall, this is a good product. Because of the adjustments I had to make on volcano and the paint not looking like the picture, I give it 4 stars. That said, the information is good. If your children are independent readers this is a kit they can use on their own. Otherwise, you can work with them or read for them then let them record the results after each experiment. This is definitely workable for multiple children, seeing as you can make up as many volcano experiments as you want - our two kids each had their own side of the volcano to paint. I would gauge this kit to be good for kids ages 5 - 12 (curious kids should do more in-depth studies of volcanoes in addition to this kit - books from library, controlled internet research, etc.).
I like that the parts can all go back into the box to use again, especially since it was such a big hit.
I don't like the cheap plastic volcano that arrived folded and taped so that I had to devise a way to make it stand in a cone shape. Double sided tape stuck to the inside bottom edge of the volcano and stuck onto an inverted sturdy paper plate worked very well, but I just happened to have that stuff. I also don't like that it comes with paints that don't adhere to the volcano surface. The kids had a great time attempting to paint it anyway. But it either needs a volcano surface that absorbs paint or just leave out the paints.
The kids loved the test tubes and stand, measuring cups and spoon and testing different ratios of vinegar and baking soda.
It was fun. We'll use it again. I recommend it.