Amazon Vehicles Back to School Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now
Customer Discussions > Magic Slays (Kate Daniels) forum

Magic Slays AudioBook

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-24 of 24 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 31, 2011 10:28:07 AM PDT
Angie says:
I've been anxiously awaiting today! The first thing that I did when I woke up this morning was to run to the computer and download Magic Slays. Unfortunately the audiobook isn't available. If I recall correctly, it was available at the same time the book was last year. Now days, the audio versions are available for download immediately. I've been over to audible.com and they still don't have it. Does anyone know when it'll be available? I've emailed audible and am still awaiting a response.

Posted on May 31, 2011 10:45:04 AM PDT
Angie says:
OK guys, never mind! Uggg, I headed over to tantor media and found the info there. *sigh* It won't be released until June 8. *sigh again* But I'll continue to keep my eye on audible, just in case they sneak it out early. Time to go sulk.

P.S. What's up with the audio cover? That looks more like Julie than Kate! Pig tails???
http://www.tantor.com/BookDetail.asp?Product=B0139_MagicSlays

In reply to an earlier post on May 31, 2011 4:23:02 PM PDT
D. Lolley says:
I agree with Basset Hount Mom - What on earth is up with the audiobook cover?? Whoever the girl is, she isn't Kate...

Posted on May 31, 2011 5:54:40 PM PDT
Sharon says:
This is just not fair. What do they think we are going to do, buy both the printed and audio version? Not happy here.

Posted on Jun 1, 2011 3:15:54 PM PDT
Christina says:
Thank you for the release date...ugh! I'll be sulking with the rest of you until the 8th. What is with these publishers? It's so disappointing when the audio book doesn't come out with the paperback.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 1, 2011 8:53:25 PM PDT
Sharon says:
I sent them a message expressing my disappointment. Maybe we all should to get our point across. This is especially important in series.

Posted on Jun 3, 2011 1:45:48 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 3, 2011 1:47:52 AM PDT
Fine Print says:
But is it coming out on Audible or just in cd & mp3 format?

Posted on Jun 3, 2011 9:03:29 AM PDT
CrimsonTyd says:
the cover looks like a 13 year old girl. maybe they are appealing the the tweens? it is highly disturbing.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 4, 2011 3:40:25 PM PDT
Adjustr says:
I wonder why the cover art at Tantor (for the audio book) is different from the cover art on the book? If I was not familiar with the series, I would have thought it was teen-agey book based on the cover art and never given it a try.

I could not not find a release date for it at the Audible website. I hope Basset Hound Mom is correct and it will be out on June 8. I love the narration by Renee Raudman, so this is a series I always listen to versus reading the ebook.

Posted on Jun 4, 2011 4:13:16 PM PDT
Angie says:
Heck far! *stomping my foot* It better come out on the 8th! That's what Tantor Media is stating, and since they're the publishers of the Kate Daniels audiobooks, I figured they'd be correct. But they don't speak for audible. When I asked audible.com, they replied with an unknown date and would make note of my suggestion. *rolling my eyes at the brush off* I'm almost positive that last year's audiobook came out the same day that the book did.
I won't bad mouth Tantor for the delay. Yes, I was upset. Yes, I'm on day 5 of sulking. But they're a good audiobook business. They make all of their titles available on http://reads.lib.overdrive.com and I'm able to listen to them free of charge, thanks to my local library! Gosh, how it's saved me a good fortune, with my audibook addiction. Other audiobook businesses, mainly the big wigs, won't let the libraries have the audiobooks, wanting to fill their pockets by making people purchase them. Example: Sookie Stackhouse Series by Recorded Books. READS was able to purchase the ebook of Magic Slays for me, but heck, I haven't physically read a book since I was forced to by my high school English teacher! READS told me that they'd purchase the audiobook on their next purchase date, which is once every week or 2. There's no way that I can wait, if audible has it on the 8th. So I'm crossing my fingers that it's on audible, because I have 4 credits that I need to use. If not, I wonder if Tantor will have it available for download? I know that they'll have the CDs.
The cover art..........maybe it's Julie, because why would they put Kate in pig tails holding a knife instead of Saber? Yah, it's probably Kate. I was giving the artist the benefit of the doubt!
A final note.......I love love love the Kate Daniels series! It's at the top of my list! It's blown all other paranormal (and not paranormal) series out of the water! Can't wait to listen to this book!!!!!!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 7, 2011 11:20:57 PM PDT
B. Naimy says:
I emailed audible too, and they seem to be ignoring my inquiry.
Am going to check first thing June 8th!

Posted on Jun 7, 2011 11:55:59 PM PDT
Angie says:
It's officially the 8th. Yah, it may be 1:00 in the morning, but I'm so anxious that I still had to check audible! Wouldn't it be great to have Magic Slays already downloaded by the time I wake up, ready to be listened to? *sighing with glee*
On audible's "coming soon" page, Magic Slays hasn't been posted. But we won't think about that! Just chock it up to an editing error. Yah, they just overlooked it. Surely. Don't ya think?

P.S. B.Naimy, have you ever talked to audible's customer support? I'm pretty sure that they're in India and you guessed it, they can barely speak English! I'm sure our emails are being read there too. Every time that I've contacted them, via phone or email, I'm been given the brush off. At least in the emails I understand the brush off. On the phone, I'm like "huh? what? say again."

Off to have happy dreams about Magic Slays awaiting for me when I wake up!

Posted on Jun 8, 2011 7:30:12 AM PDT
Sharon says:
It's 9:27 CST here and it is not up yet. Are they on the Pacific coast? Maybe they aren't up yet.

They ignored my email, too, but I've had very good luck with their phone customer service, at least on the technical side. They've always been able to talk me through the problem. I'll send another email later today if it doesn't appear.

Posted on Jun 8, 2011 11:15:22 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 20, 2012 10:29:30 AM PDT
Angie says:
OK gals, the time for sulking has ended! It's time to pull up our big girl panties and start kicking some tail!.....or at least get out our laptops and type some stern emails.

Needless to say, the book isn't available on audible yet. Over at the Tantor site, it's also not available for immediate download. When it's available there, it will be in the purchase options.....where it has the price for library copies, audio cds, etc. It will have an audible.com button, stating something like "download at audible.com."

This is the email address at audible where all requests are sent. I have already sent my request for info this morning and am awaiting a response. If they aren't going to have it, at least TELL US!
content-requests@audible.com

This is Tantor's email address. I sent the same email to them, asking "WHEN or IF they are going to have Magic Slays by Ilona Andrews available for immediate download."
service@tantor.com

Maybe someone will hurry and email me, but that's unlikely. If any of you find out, please post it here. I just need to know if they're going to have it some time in the near future. If I knew it wasn't going to be available today, I would have purchased the CDs, but I didn't want to wait on shipping if I could download it immediately today. The MP3 CDs are only $12.50. That's not bad! I don't know what the shipping is. But unfortunately I started my membership back up with audible, to get the new Sookie book, the new Black Dagger Brotherhood book and Magic Slays. Both books were monumental FLOPS and the only thing that can make me feel better about wasting my money, is if Magic Slays is as good as I think it will be! So I've got 4 extra credits sitting over at audible, with nothing to purchase! After I get Magic Slays, I'll figure out what to do with the other 3. Maybe I'll get Molly Harper's Werewolf books, because her Jane Jameson books were a HOOT!!!

Back to the subject at hand! *Putting my stern face back on* OK ladies, let's get out those email apps and start those unrelenting emails! If you're a paying customer with audible, it's a good idea to mention that! Something like "oh gosh, golly, woways me, I've been a gold member for 2 years and have never had a much anticiapated book NOT be available on the release date. Oh what will I do?*as I hold the back of my hand to my forehead and type with the other hand*" Heehee! Just joking! I don't think the foreign customer service people would get my southern pun. But you get the idea. Mention your membership and that you're disappointed.

Good luck and please keep us updated if you recieve a response! Thank you!!!!!!!!!

Posted on Jun 8, 2011 11:55:06 AM PDT
Hambone says:
This is the response I got from tantor media.

We released the title Magic Slays 5/25/11 on CD and MP3 CD format. Once we release a title, the audio is sent to download companies such as Audible and it takes them about 2 weeks to post the download of the title on their website. So Magic Slays should be available on Audible's site no later than the beginning of next week.

This does make alot of sense as two weeks still put it for today. I have sent Audible three emails and have not heard back from them yet. Not alot of help

Posted on Jun 8, 2011 12:09:17 PM PDT
Angie says:
I just received the same email Beth. I was quite surprised at the speedy response, and the quality of information. Anything I've ever gotten from audible, on this book and in the past, is something like "we do not have the information on this book." Maybe if audible gets enough requests, they'll hurry the process along.
I don't see how this series isn't at the top of the list! In my eyes, it's far better than anything Charlaine Harris, J R Ward, L K Hamilton, etc can produce! It's my all time favorite series!....so far.

Posted on Jun 8, 2011 2:02:45 PM PDT
Angie says:
I just noticed that they have the audiobook on LibraryBIN. It's only $16.19 and available for immediate download! Ugg, what to do! I was really wanting to use an audible credit. *slightly confused*
I CAN NOT believe that audible still doesn't have it! At this pace, my library will have it before audible!
http://librarybin.com/20585344-A00F-4BA7-BD9E-D4A69A93AEAB/10/139/en/SearchResults.htm?SearchID=10082844

Posted on Jun 8, 2011 3:32:28 PM PDT
ICB says:
It's in on Audible!!!!

Posted on Jun 8, 2011 3:33:25 PM PDT
It's up: http://www.audible.com/pd/ref=sr_1_8?asin=B00540258G&qid=1307572307&sr=1-8

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 8, 2011 3:45:10 PM PDT
Angie says:
Gosh, I just about choked on my mint when I read that! Woohoo!!! Can't wait for the first part to get done downloading!!!!!! Talk about putting a girl in a good mood. *ugg, 58 minutes until the download is finished*

Thanks soooo much Cuarta! And thanks for the link Stephen because when I searched for Magic Slays after I read Cuarta's post, it was showing no results.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 8, 2011 10:08:23 PM PDT
Fine Print says:
Thank you soooo much for the Audible heads-up!!! I'm downloading as we speak!!! I gulped the e-book now I get to savor the audiobook & really pay attention! Woohooooooo

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 8, 2011 10:19:23 PM PDT
B. Naimy says:
HaHa Basset Hound Mom!
I copied and pasted your "oh gosh, golly, woways me, I've been a gold (substituted platinum) member for 2 years and have never had a much anticiapated book NOT be available on the release date. Oh what will I do?" and emailed audible.com earlier today! It must have worked! :-) (not that they acknowledged this 3rd email either...)

Posted on Dec 26, 2011 1:01:51 PM PST
D. Politis says:
For Christmas, there is a brand new Kate Daniels novella featuring Kate and Curran available on Ilona Andrews website. It is only going to be free and available for 2 weeks. It is around 96 pages. She has it in a bunch of different formats, Adobe PDF, Kindle, Nook, and Adobe epub. It is going to be in print as a bonus extra at the end of Gunmetal Magic, Andrea's book in summer 2012.

http://www.ilona-andrews.com/magic-gifts/

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2011 1:11:06 PM PST
Angie says:
Yikes!!! Oh wow! Thanks for the info D. Politis! I'm heading over to their website right now! Can't wait 'til the 2012 book!!!!!!!!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  12
Total posts:  24
Initial post:  May 31, 2011
Latest post:  Dec 26, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Magic Slays (Kate Daniels)
Magic Slays (Kate Daniels) by Ilona Andrews (Mass Market Paperback - May 31, 2011)
4.8 out of 5 stars (416)