Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: A Ghost Tale for Christmas Time (Magic Tree House (R) Merlin Mission)
Amazon Vehicles Back to School Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Britney Spears Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Shop Now STEM

on November 20, 2010
Another Magic Tree House title - #44 - by Mary Pope Osborne provides a satisfying holiday title in A GHOST TALE FOR CHRISTMAS TIME. Here Jack and Annie find their next task is to help famous writer Charles Dickens, and they are taken back in time to Victorian England London where they discover Dickens doesn't really need their help. Their discovery of his hidden sadness leads to adventure, magic and ghostly encounters in this latest fine addition to the popular series.
on October 16, 2010
My nine year old daughter's review...

'This book called me in the book store! "Come read me, come read me!". I thought that it described how the ghosts came out really well. I also thought that it was a really good way to teach a lesson to kids by telling them that they shouldn't be greedy or selfish and should help others more; they should be kind and hospitable. My favorite part was when Charles Dickens was chatting with his fans in the restaurant at the end.'

I'll just add that she read it in one sitting, so I know she enjoyed it.
VINE VOICEon September 14, 2015
This book was an easy and interesting read for my seven year old son. He didn't expect it to be about Charles Dickens, he thought it would be about ghostsd because of the cover art. Still, he liked it.
on December 15, 2013
I am an ESL teacher and my student loves these books. He gets to pick them on line and I order right in front of him. He gets so excited because they arrive within a couple of days. He is willing to read independently for practice and knows he will get immediate rewards when he finishes a book. This seller's timimg is terrific!
on January 4, 2014
This book series is worth ten stars. I read these to my kindergarten class and the kids love them. The stories are well written, educational, and keep the children enthralled. In addition, the books invoke the children's imaginations and usually lead them to create their own Jack and Annie adventures.
on March 5, 2015
First I read boring books they were not very good.Then my sister told me about the Magic Tree House series from school.I started reading those book it was the best.There were adventures around every corner.I could not put the book down. This book is scary but IT includes Charles Dickins. This is intresting every page. There are some bulling in this book.I hope you love this book as much as I do and hope Mary Pope Osborn keeps writing the magic tree house series.I learn so much history from this book and all the book.
on January 7, 2013
Mary Pope Osborne's books are written for young to mid elementary aged children. This series is a wonderful one, full of adventure and learning. As an educator I have used these books to teach science and history. The information presented and readiability level is very age appropriate.
on April 8, 2016
My daughter loved this story.

Annie was very innovative to use the three ghosts in A Christmas Carol to motivate Charles Dicken to continue to use his writing to inspire his countrymen towards a more caring and aspiring society.

The story introduced the children to the poor society of England in which Charles Dicken lived. Very young children were forced to work to survive. The social zeitgeist towards the rich and poor was very apparent; Jack and Annie were treated with great respect when they were well clothed but the attitude and language used on them changed abruptly after they changed their clothing with the chimney cleaners.
on March 25, 2011
My 9 year old grandson has been an avid reader for several years and loves this series of books. He has the whole set and wants each new one as it comes out. They are pretty easy reading at this age but he still really enjoys the stories.
on January 20, 2015
The Magic Tree House books are a MUST READ collection for all children. Unlike many other series for young readers, the Magic Tree House should be read in chronological order to best appreciate Jack and Annie's travels through time as they go on various missions; which are typically completed in four parts. Parents and educators will enjoy going along for the ride as much as their students! My daughter is a teenager now but she still gets excited when she sees a new tree house adventure has come out.