magicJackGO 2017 VOIP Phone Adapter Portable Home and On-The-Go Digital Phone Service. Make Unlimited Local & Long Distance Calls to The U. S. and Canada. NO Monthly Bill. 2017 (1 Pack)
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||1.8 x 5.5 x 7.9 inches|
|Item Weight||50 Grams|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- DIGITAL PHONE SERVICE: with Unlimited Local & Long Distance Calling to the U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico and Virgin Islands with a 1 YEAR WARRANTY. Buy Guaranteed Authenticity direct from us, magicJack official. (might arrive in non-retail white box)
- NO MONTHLY BILLS: 12 months of service and Caller ID, Voicemail, Call Waiting, Call Forwarding and Conference Calling -- ALL INCLUDE FREE FOR A YEAR WITH NO HIDDEN FEES.
- EASY TO SET UP: Use with or without a computer, simply connect your magicJackGO to your existing high speed internet and any cordless or Landline home phone. Step-by-step instructions included. Includes Power adapter, Ethernet cord and USB extension cord. (no international charger included)
- DOWNLOAD THE COMPANION APP: and make Unlimited local & long distance calls to the U.S. and Canada from your smartphone. Assign your magicJack device number to the magicApp and have your home, business, and your mobile phone ring simultaneously.
- INTERNATIONAL CALLING: When traveling internationally, bring magicJack with you to make calls back to the U. S. and Canada from virtually anywhere in the world. Call outbound worldwide from the U. S. and Canada and enjoy magicJack’s low international rates. You can also make free unlimited magicJack-to-magicJack calls worldwide.
magicJack is a Home and “On-the-Go” Phone Service
FREE 12 MONTHS of service included, SAVE up to $381 per year!
UNLIMITED local & long-distance calling to the U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico, & the U.S. Virgin Islands
How magicJack Works:
The magicJack device uses Voice Over Internet Protocol (“VoIP”) to allow you to make local and long-distance calls to the U.S. and Canada using an existing internet connection.
You can make and receive calls using your computer or regular telephone. No additional telephone service is required.
Connect with High-Speed Modem: magicJack is easy to set up with your existing high-speed internet connection and home phone. You are only a few quick steps away from making ultra-low cost internet phone calls.
1. Plug your provided Ethernet cord into the port labeled "INTERNET"
2. Plug your phone into the port labeled "PHONE" on your magicJack.
3. Connect the provided power adapter to your magicJack USB.
4. Plug your magicJack into a power outlet. Connect with Your Computer:
magicJack is easy to set up with your computer. Use your home phone or the magicJack desktop application to make calls.
1. Plug your phone into the port labeled "PHONE" on your magicJack.
2.[OPTIONAL] Connect the provided USB extension to your magicJack.
3.Plug your magicJack into a USB port on your computer.
magicJackGO IS THE MOST AFFORDABLE HOME PHONE REPLACEMENT SERVICE that provides unlimited local & long distance phone calls to mobile phones and landlines in the US and Canada. Make reliable, clear calls with magicJack's VoIP digital phone service at a fraction of the cost from other providers.
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1. Low cost. For the first year, cost works out to be around $5:00 per month. For the second year onwards the cost could be as low as $3:00 per month depending on the plan you choose.
2. The set up is pretty straightforward and easy
3. You can port your old number to Magic Jack for a price – charged me $10.00 plus tax
4. There are lot of good features (unlimited calling in US, Canada, free second conf line etc. etc.)
5. Their website is pretty easy to use
What is not that obvious:
1. You have to pay for the 911 service separately. About $7.00 for the first year in North Carolina where I live. There are some limitations on the 911 service.
1. Customer Service. The only way you can contact their customer service is through live chat. There are no phone numbers to call. My experience chatting with them has been pretty poor, as explained in my experience below.
2. If you are trying to port your old number to Magicjack, it could take as long as 10 days according to them. Until the number port request is completed, you will not be able to receive incoming calls. You can make outgoing calls only. By the way, number portability is Federal Law; so phone providers cannot refuse to do it (in most normal situations).
My experience: I received an e-mail from Magicjack customer service indicating my port request did not go through because Vonage (my current provider) rejected it. They suggested to contact Vonage to resolve it before re-submitting my port request. When I contacted Vonage, they said there is nothing holding up the port from their side. I chatted with Magicjack and they suggested I re-submit the port request. I did that and it got rejected again. I contacted Vonage again and they want to know the specific reason why the request is not going through. I tried contacting Magicjack through chat again. After waiting 20 minutes for the next agent, it dropped me unceremoniously and asked me to try again later. So, after spending 2 or 3 hours on this over two days, I still cannot receive incoming calls. I have no clue why my port request is not going through or how to make it work. Moral of the story: Cheap prices does come with some limitations… LOL. I will update my review once this saga ends.
2/1/16 update: After chasing Magicjack numerous times through live chat, I was promised the issue will be escalated to their upper management and someone will get back to me via e-mail. While waiting for the e-mail from MagicJack, I got written confirmation from Vonage that they NEVER received a port request from Magicjack for my number. Finally, I got an e-mail from Magicjack promising to port my number by 2/5/16. I hope it goes through, but I will believe it when it actually happens. So the saga continues...
2/11/16 update: No, it did not come through on 2/5/16 as promised. But, I kept following up with MagicJack through e-mail. After exchanging e-mails several times, MagicJack customer service indicated they are in touch with Vonage folks and they would port it by 2/11/16. This time they came through. Today I received confirmation from both Vonage and MagicJack that the number has been ported. I never found out what the real hang up was... Well, all is well that ends well, right? I am going to leave it at that. Since MagicJack finally came through, to be fair, I am changing their rating from one star to 3 stars. That's the end of my saga...
Wednesday - Found out my Windstream phone line was $46/month. Ordered MagicJack Go on Amazon
- MagicJack Go delivered.
-Opened package and connected MagicJack Go according to directions (ethernet from the MagicJack device to an open port on my DSL modem/router. Phone line from the device to my home phone base.
-Plugged it in and went to mjreg.com to register my device. Set up my MagicJack account and followed the prompts. Attempted to port my old Windstream number but it was "not eligible" for porting (no big deal to me, now I get to start fresh from getting so many solicitors calling).
-Picked out my new number. You pick your area code and then the first 3-4 digits of your number.
-Finished setting up device and my new number was given to me. Setup took less than five minutes.
-My first free year automatically loaded.
-Received an email to pay my yearly 911 fee ($6 in my case)
-Made first test call and call audio is exact same as my old Windstream service. Everything seems great so far
-Called Windstream and cancelled the phone portion of my internet/phone bundle.
-Will save $46/month ($552 per year!!!)
-That's it - so from purchase to switching took literally 2 days total and only 5-10 minutes once my device arrived! Keep in mind porting your old number could take several days if your number is eligible.
So far, I love the service. I can log in to my Magic Jack account and change all kinds of things. I can choose my Caller ID name, how long my phone rings before the voicemail answers and a lot more.
Will update in a month or two
Top reviews from other countries
Leur site web est un peu mal foutu, on a l'impression qu'ils ne veulent que nous vendre des extras, mais les fonctionnalitées requises sont là.
Attention: pour les canadiens, ce n'est pas clairement expliqué avant l'achat, mais sachez qu'il y aura des frais additionnels pour: utiliser un numéro de téléphone canadien (frais unique de 20$) et un autre supplément pour transférer votre numéro actuel (20$ plus frais administratifs d'environ 3$). Prévoyez donc payer environ 93$ au total la 1ere année, ce qui n'est pas beaucoup considérant qu'une ligne traditionnelle coûte 250-300$/an. Ensuite vous n'aurez qu'à débourser 50$ annuellement pour le service.
Now the setup. I spent 2 hours 15 minutes with 2 tier of support, and they could not get it to work. If you want any change of getting this to work, I suggest you NOT go to the site they give you to register the product, ie: mjreg.com. By going there I messed up my installation by having the procedure hang after charging my credit card (I needed a Canadian phone number) and before product activation.
Instead, here's what you do:
- go to their main site, majicjack.com, and create an account.
- in your account settings, enter all the infos you can, but mainly your home address and credit card info.
- at the top, select activate. For this setup, I had the majicJack plugged in my computer.
- follow the process and you can select the billing address and payment method (if needed) you previously entered.
- only use this product on your computer if you absolutely have to. the software is crap. just plug it in your modem/router if you can.
- and whatever you do, don't do like me and try to activate this device in the dial pad software that it installs... only pain and suffering on this route.
The device itself is fine. The activation process and software is below average. It's now up and running and I'm told the voice quality is absolutely perfect, if a bit laggy like I said. This is the kind of product that a bunch of people will have zero issues with while others will rage-return the same day.
Even with all the trouble, I give it 4 stars because it works like a phone and sounds like a phone. But boy do I miss the old no-lag touch tone phone lines where you can have a real conversation, not a voice chat...
1. I cannot get this to work with any physical telephone set, connected with both phone line and ethernet it simply will not work on 3 different handsets tried. The only way it will work for me is from the desktop which wasn't going to be it's intended use for me.
2. If you want a Canadian number DO NOT select that as part of the setup/checkout. The site is sright up broken and will send you in circles with support for hours. What you need to do is select the FREE MJ number and then pay the $10 USD after for the Canadian number once the device shows active under your account.
3. Someone from MJ support literally lied to me to get me off the phone. Getting a hold of sales people isn't too bad but tech support might as well not exist.