|Item Weight||14.1 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||14.8 x 1.6 x 1.6 inches|
|California residents||Click here for Proposition 65 warning|
|Item model number||S4D016|
|Batteries||4 D batteries required.|
|Size||4 Cell in Blister Pack|
|Number Of Pieces||1|
|Type of Bulb||Incadescent|
|Average Battery Life||3 hours|
|Warranty Description||Limited Lifetime|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
Maglite Heavy-Duty Incandescent 4-Cell D Flashlight, Black
|Price:||$21.42 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Superior quality craftsmanship with weather-resistant seals and anodized inside and out for improved corrosion resistance
- A premium drop resistant and water resistant flashlight renowned for its quality, durability and reliability
- Advanced lighting instrument made in America and built tough enough to last a lifetime with a spare lamp safely secured in the tail cap making it suitable for camping, climbing, fishing, hunting, etc.
- Diamond knurled design with a powerful projecting beam that adjust from spot to flood with just a 1/2 turn of the head
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Compare to Similar Items
This item: Maglite Heavy-Duty Incandescent 4-Cell D Flashlight, Black
Maglite LED 3-Cell D Flashlight, Black B000IXAJVY
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Item Weight||0.88 pounds||0.94 pounds||0.73 pounds||0.9 pounds|
|Length||14.76 inches||12.34 inches||11.75 inches||0 inches|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
But the Mag's indestructibility is its main selling point. Mag Instrument builds its flashlights with ultrastrong aluminum alloy cases that have been anodized both inside and out to resist rust. High-quality O-rings at both openings keep water away from the batteries. It's hard to imagine damaging one of these lights. Think of it this way: if, as one of our customers suggests, there were a kingdom of flashlights, Mag-Lite would be crowned king. --Jon Groebner
From the Manufacturer
MAGLITE D-Cell Flashlight
The Maglite full size flashlight, renowned for its quality, durability, and reliability.
Maglite Heavy Duty INCAN D-Cell Flashlights
MAG INSTRUMENT, INC.
Made in America since 1979, MAGLITE flashlights are carried by thousands of law enforcement officers, emergency responders, military service men and women and ordinary people around the world. Everyone has their own reason for choosing a MAGLITE flashlight. It could be that you’re looking for the latest LED technology, or you want the dependability that can only come from an American Made product.
Whatever reason you have for choosing a Maglite flashlight, you’ll be glad you did.
MAGLITE 2, 3, 4, 5, 6-Cell D
Full Size Flashlight
Every Maglite flashlight embodies a precise balance of refined optics, efficient power, durability and quality.
Each Maglite D-Cell flashlight includes two high intensity Xenon or Krypton Incandescent Lamps for enhanced brilliance and extended range.
- 2-Cell D
- 3-Cell D
- 4-Cell D
- 5-Cell D
- 6-Cell D
Features / Performance
Superior Quality Build and Craftsmanship
- Weather-resistant Seals
- Diamond Knurl Design
- Aluminum Body
Spot to Flood Beam Focusing
Adjust the beam’s focus as you wish, simply by rotating the flashlight’s head.
Blister Pack or Display Chipboard Box.
|2-Cell D Flashlight||3-Cell D Flashlight||4-Cell D Flashlight||5-Cell D Flashlight||6-Cell D Flashlight|
|Product||MAGLITE 2-Cell D Flashlight||MAGLITE 3-Cell D Flashlight||MAGLITE 4-Cell D Flashlight||MAGLITE 5-Cell D Flashlight||MAGLITE 6-Cell D Flashlight 2|
|Type / Technology||Full Size / (Xenon) Incandescent||Full Size / (Krypton) Incandescent||Full Size / (Xenon) Incandescent||Full Size / (Xenon) Incandescent||Full Size / (Krypton) Incandescent|
|Lumens||27 lm||45 lm||98 lm||151 lm||136 lm|
|Run Time, High||8 h. 30 min.||9 h.||9 h. 30 min.||9 h. 15 min.||11 h.|
|Drop Resistant / Water Resistant||N/A / Yes - IPX4||N/A / Yes - IPX4||N/A / Yes - IPX4||N/A / Yes - IPX4||N/A / Yes - IPX4|
|Length / Weight with Batteries||10 in. (254 mm) / 23 oz. (652.01 g)||12.344 in. (313 mm) / 30 oz. (856 g)||14.719 in. (375 mm) / 36 oz. (1043 g)||17.125 in. (434 mm) / 43 oz. (1233 g)||19.5 in. (495 mm) / 50 oz. (1417 g)|
|Beam Distance / Peak Beam Intensity||206 m. / 10627 cd.||254 m. / 16280 cd.||267 m. / 17900 cd.||312 m. / 24400 cd.||295 m. / 21850 cd.|
|Power Management / Rechargeable||No / No||No / No||No / No||No / No||No / No|
|Batteries||(Alkaline D-Cell) Not Included, Unless Indicated||(Alkaline D-Cell) Not Included||(Alkaline D-Cell) Not Included||(Alkaline D-Cell) Not Included||(Alkaline D-Cell) Not Included|
|Standard Colors||Black, Red, Silver, Gray, Blue||Blue Black, Red, Silver, Gray, Blue, UCP Camo||Black, Red, Blue||Black, Red||Black, Red|
General Features and Benefits
> All MAGLITE flashlights feature a high intensity focusing adjustable beam.
> Design balanced optics and Power Management for maximum performance.
> Anodized inside and out for better corrosion resistance and durability.
> High-grade rubber seals in every size flashlight.
> Precision machined high strength aluminum alloy cases.
> Backed by Mag Instrument’s Renowned Warranty Service. Limited lifetime warranty in the Western Hemisphere; ten-year limited warranty elsewhere. See product packaging for details.
> All MAGLITE flashlights are designed and manufactured in the U.S.A. Some foreign parts/components/accessories are used. See individual product package labels for details.
> All MAGLITE incandescent flashlights include a spare lamp safely secured inside the tail cap.
Top Customer Reviews
Amazon has combined the 2-D and 3-D cell versions of Maglite LED flashlights into one product page. The following review was original written for the 3-D cell version. See my other review if you are looking for the 2-D Cell version.
==== Original Review follows ====
This Mag-Lite ST3D016 3-D Cell LED Flashlight features the second-generation LED technology by Maglite. You may be alarmed that many of the older Amazon reviews are highly critical about this product. However, please note that the 2nd-gen LED Maglite was not even available before May 2009. That means earlier reviews were all based on the inferior first-gen Maglite LED flashlight.
The 2nd-gen Maglite LED flashlight offers many improvements over the first-generation version:
1. Brighter LED:
The new Maglite uses a Luxeon 'Rebel ES' 3-Watt LED as light source (check my Customer Image to see how it looks like). This LED is significantly brighter, whiter and more energy-efficient than the previous 'Lux III' LED used in 1st-gen Maglite.
2. Improved Heat Sink:
The overheating problem found in 1st-gen LED modules has been solved. That is, the light no longer dims down after just a few minutes of operation.
3. Better Power Management:
The new Maglite maintains constant power consumption of 2W as long as battery voltage is above 3.5V. That means it produces the same brightness whether powered by 3x NiMH cells (3.75V), or 3x alkaline cells (4.5V). When battery voltage drops below 3.Read more ›
Now, onward with the comparison:
From the outside, both 2-D and 3-D Maglite LED flashlights have exactly the same shape and finish. Naturally the 2-D cell version is shorter, but the difference is not as dramatic as one may expect. That's because the 2-D version actually has the length of four D cells stack together. So the 3-D version is only 25% longer.
There is a subtle difference in the positive contact inside the two Maglite flashlights. The ST2D has a slightly recessed contact point, which means if the first battery's positive terminal is just slightly wider than that of a standard alkaline cell, it will not make electrical contact. So initially I was not able to use any rechargeable D cells (such as the Energizer D Rechargeable NiMH) in it. I have to add a tiny solder bump to the positive terminal for it to work.
On paper, the ST2D should produce more light output than ST3D (114 lumens vs. 104).Read more ›
(1) US/non-US Models. Units for US/non-US distribution are identical.
(2) Warranty. Units sold in the US, and in other countries, are covered by a "limited lifetime warranty". Units sold in *some* countries are sold with a *10 year limited warranty*. Maglite says that's only because business regulations in some countries do not permit a "limited lifetime warranty" to be offerred. Units being sold in the US with a "10 year limited warranty" are not grey market goods. Apparently some units are packaged with the incorrect inserts. Maglite will honor the "limited lifetime warranty". Since 10 years is a long time, this is really an academic issue. If you read the warranty, the LED is not covered, and that's the part that's most likely to go (except for the switch, maybe).
(3) "DL" models. "DL" does NOT indicate non-US models. Turns out there are two generations of LED models. The first gen ("D" models) have a replaceable LED. It has a spare krypton bulb in the tail cap. The second gen ("DL" models) have a non-replaceable LED and therefore does NOT have a spare bulb in the cap.
(4) Brightness. Maglite says there is no difference in brightness between first gen and second gen. However, if you Google "Maglite LED DL", you will find different information. Turns out there are geeky forums and blogs dedicated to flashlights. They call themselves "flashaholics".Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
So far so good only had a week but it's bright and I love the camoPublished 1 day ago by Amazon Customer
Typical great Maglite quality. Not disappointed. Great bright light. Could double as a billy-club if needed.Published 2 days ago by L. Hunter
I was prepared to give this tumbler a five star rating. I have used it now for four work days and I have been pleased to find that my ice cubes last basically all day from 5:30 AM... Read morePublished 3 days ago by MotherHen