|Item Weight||1.1 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||13.4 x 3 x 3 inches|
|Item model number||ST3D036|
|Batteries||3 D batteries required.|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Number Of Pieces||1|
|Type of Bulb||LED|
|Warranty Description||Limited Lifetime|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $5.83 shipping
Maglite LED 3-Cell D Flashlight, Red
|Price:||$22.72 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Superior quality craftsmanship with weather-resistant seals and anodized inside and out for improved corrosion resistance
- A premium drop resistant and water resistant flashlight renowned for its quality, durability and reliability
- Advanced lighting instrument made in America with a diamond knurled design and a powerful projecting beam making it suitable for camping, climbing, fishing, hunting, etc.
- Designed for professionals and consumers alike, the Maglite LED flashlights build on the experience in craftsmanship, engineering, and advanced technology evident in all Mag flashlights
- Includes a Limited Lifetime Warranty
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
From the Manufacturer
MAGLITE LED D-Cell Flashlight
The Maglite full size flashlight, renowned for its quality, durability, and reliability, is now available with MAG-LED Technology.
Maglite LED D-Cell flashlights
MAG INSTRUMENT, INC.
Made in America since 1979, Maglite flashlights are carried by thousands of law enforcement officers, emergency responders, military service men and women and ordinary people around the world. Everyone has their own reason for choosing a Maglite flashlight. It could be that you’re looking for the latest LED technology, or you want the dependability that can only come from an American Made product.
Whatever reason you have for choosing a Maglite flashlight, you’ll be glad you did.
MAGLITE LED 2 and 3-Cell D
Full Size Flashlight
Designed for professional and consumer use, Maglite LED flashlights build on the experience in craftsmanship, engineering, and advanced technology evident in all Mag flashlights.
The Maglite flashlight is internationally accepted as the Professional Flashlight. Built tough enough to last a lifetime, its durability and innovative features now combined with the new MAG-LED Technology make the Maglite LED flashlight a technologically advanced lighting instrument.
- Sizes: 2-Cell D / 3-Cell D
Features / Performance
Superior Quality Build and Craftsmanship
- Weather-Resistant Seals.
- Diamond Knurl Design.
- Aluminum Body.
Spot to Flood Beam Focusing
Adjust the beam’s focus as you wish, simply by rotating the flashlight’s head.
Performance (2 and 3-Cell D)
Water-Resistant (IPX4), Shock-Resistant.
Blister Pack or Display Chipboard Box
|LED 2-Cell D Flashlight||LED 3-Cell D Flashlight|
|Product||Maglite LED 2-Cell D Flashlight||Maglite LED 3-Cell D Flashlight|
|Type / Technology||Full Size / LED||Full Size / LED|
|Lumens||168 lm||168 lm|
|Run Time, High||6 h. 45 min.||80 h.|
|Drop Resistant / Water Resistant||Yes - 1m / Yes - IPX4||Yes - 1m / Yes - IPX4|
|Length / Weight with Batteries||10 in. (254 mm) / 23 oz. (652.01 g)||12.344 in. (313 mm) / 30 oz. (850.49 g)|
|Beam Distance / Peak Beam Intensity||412 m. / 42533 cd.||412 m. / 42533 cd.|
|Power Management / Rechargeable||Yes / No||Yes / No|
|Batteries||(Alkaline D-Cell) Not Included, Unless Indicated||(Alkaline D-Cell) Not Included|
|Standard Colors||Black, Red, Silver, Gray, Blue||Black, Red, Silver, Gray, Blue, UCP Camo|
MAGLITE - Products
Multiple sizes and functions to fit your needs.
Compact / Mid Size / Full Size / Tactical / Rechargeable / Collectible.
Built in America
Top Customer Reviews
Amazon has combined the 2-D and 3-D cell versions of Maglite LED flashlights into one product page. The following review was original written for the 3-D cell version. See my other review if you are looking for the 2-D Cell version.
==== Original Review follows ====
This Mag-Lite ST3D016 3-D Cell LED Flashlight features the second-generation LED technology by Maglite. You may be alarmed that many of the older Amazon reviews are highly critical about this product. However, please note that the 2nd-gen LED Maglite was not even available before May 2009. That means earlier reviews were all based on the inferior first-gen Maglite LED flashlight.
The 2nd-gen Maglite LED flashlight offers many improvements over the first-generation version:
1. Brighter LED:
The new Maglite uses a Luxeon 'Rebel ES' 3-Watt LED as light source (check my Customer Image to see how it looks like). This LED is significantly brighter, whiter and more energy-efficient than the previous 'Lux III' LED used in 1st-gen Maglite.
2. Improved Heat Sink:
The overheating problem found in 1st-gen LED modules has been solved. That is, the light no longer dims down after just a few minutes of operation.
3. Better Power Management:
The new Maglite maintains constant power consumption of 2W as long as battery voltage is above 3.5V. That means it produces the same brightness whether powered by 3x NiMH cells (3.75V), or 3x alkaline cells (4.5V). When battery voltage drops below 3.Read more ›
(1) US/non-US Models. Units for US/non-US distribution are identical.
(2) Warranty. Units sold in the US, and in other countries, are covered by a "limited lifetime warranty". Units sold in *some* countries are sold with a *10 year limited warranty*. Maglite says that's only because business regulations in some countries do not permit a "limited lifetime warranty" to be offerred. Units being sold in the US with a "10 year limited warranty" are not grey market goods. Apparently some units are packaged with the incorrect inserts. Maglite will honor the "limited lifetime warranty". Since 10 years is a long time, this is really an academic issue. If you read the warranty, the LED is not covered, and that's the part that's most likely to go (except for the switch, maybe).
(3) "DL" models. "DL" does NOT indicate non-US models. Turns out there are two generations of LED models. The first gen ("D" models) have a replaceable LED. It has a spare krypton bulb in the tail cap. The second gen ("DL" models) have a non-replaceable LED and therefore does NOT have a spare bulb in the cap.
(4) Brightness. Maglite says there is no difference in brightness between first gen and second gen. However, if you Google "Maglite LED DL", you will find different information. Turns out there are geeky forums and blogs dedicated to flashlights. They call themselves "flashaholics".Read more ›
Now, onward with the comparison:
From the outside, both 2-D and 3-D Maglite LED flashlights have exactly the same shape and finish. Naturally the 2-D cell version is shorter, but the difference is not as dramatic as one may expect. That's because the 2-D version actually has the length of four D cells stack together. So the 3-D version is only 25% longer.
There is a subtle difference in the positive contact inside the two Maglite flashlights. The ST2D has a slightly recessed contact point, which means if the first battery's positive terminal is just slightly wider than that of a standard alkaline cell, it will not make electrical contact. So initially I was not able to use any rechargeable D cells (such as the Energizer D Rechargeable NiMH) in it. I have to add a tiny solder bump to the positive terminal for it to work.
On paper, the ST2D should produce more light output than ST3D (114 lumens vs. 104).Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Does the job .......cheaper than Walmart ..........I would buy it again ..........bright LED light ...........Published 7 hours ago by John B.
Yesterday, July 24 my home town experienced a severe tropical-like thunderstorm that caused electricity failure inside homes in the area for an hour. Read morePublished 16 hours ago by Shirechi
A big flashlight with a good weight to it. I will share something with you... The reason that you see Security guards and Police with big Maglite's on their belt is NOT just... Read morePublished 1 day ago by Grim
I love this flashlight. You just can't go wrong with a Maglite. Incredibly bright beam! Perfect size.Published 2 days ago by Razor2