Truck Reviews Beauty Magazine Deals Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on August 2, 2014
When I first bought the app many months ago I took the chance of buying the masters version offered. Nothing happened. I even contacted the creators and their response was "we'll look into it". No offer to refund the money and I never heard back from them.

Fast forward to last night. I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it thinking it may be fixed by now. Nope still no masters play option, only to buy it. I had some extra Amazon coins so I decided to try it again. Lo and behold it worked. Yay I was excited to play a good game. Start playing and deal. Chose the phase I want to work on...... app crashes. Maybe a fluke? Try it twice more and the same thing happens.

So, I have come to the conclusion that I just wasted $3.98 on a game that never works. Regular play works fine, kind of boring after awhile. Can't comment on how the masters plays because I can't play it!

Additionally, it says the masters will be available on all devices connected to the account. I've been on my kindle fire hd 8.1, my husband's fire hd 7, and my son's fire hd 7. The other two do not have the option to play, only the option to buy. And that's after syncing and applying and update by the creator.

Just annoying.

And as a side note, why do they have 2 of the exact same app in the app store.
3 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on October 29, 2014
I play this game a lot to kill time and its overall pretty smooth. The main downside is that it doesn't keep any stats. At a minimum, I'd like to know how many wins/losses I have and at what level of play. It doesn't record anything.

I also upgraded to the Masters Edition and it certainly adds a level of difficulty to the game play. The main gripe with this version is that its not exactly like the card game. If you look up the rules for Phase 10, Masters Edition, you'll read the following: "A unique play feature allows players to set aside one card per hand to be used for future use. These cards or card can be used to complete future phases." This does not allow that. You basically just get to chose which phase you are playing on. Also, just so you know, it doesn't install a separate app, it just enables a button in the existing app that allows you to chose the Masters Edition. Just keep that in mind if you are deciding whether to upgrade.
2 people found this helpful
on April 2, 2015
There are two versions of this app. One claiming it is for Kindle Fire and one stating it is for android. Unfortunately, I purchased one yesterday on my son's Kindle, and when I went to find it today for mine using the app store as the purchase was not showing up in my cloud yet), it looked like I had not made the purchase. Since our internet has botched a few purchases, I figured I needed to redo the purchase, so I did. Later, when both versions finally showed up, I was dismayed to find I know own two of the same thing with no refunds, right? So be aware that there are two versions. Otherwise, this was a five star play for us. I am just ticked that I can't spend that two bucks on something else for my kids to enjoy during spring break. I'd be happy to accept a credit for products from the same company, in case they read this review.
on July 20, 2012
A big fan of the boxed card game for years, I was thrilled to find this.

I started with the free version, but quickly felt limited; so I immediately purchased this.

The only drawbacks I can note that may be of any help or service:

- While you can customize the number of players, and pick their avatars (and your own), you CAN'T change your own name. I've been playing with a cartoon likeness that really looks a whole lot like me -- but my name is not "TJ" and that makes me sigh every time it's "my" turn.

- It is nearly IMPOSSIBLE to see the cards in anyone's hands, including your own, once they're laid out and a phase is made. You cannot zoom; the only time you CAN see a closer view is if the app knows you hold a card you can play on another hand, and then it allows you to zoom in on THAT player's cards. But a lot of squinting and memorizing are par for the course in every other case.

- It's not the end of the world, but a point of consternation: If you have more than enough cards to play on a phase (ie., you are making a run of 3, but hold a run of 5), you CANNOT play them all at once. It will force you to make the run of three, "OK" it, and then once back out on the playing table (in the same turn) you can click your hand again and then place the rest of your playable cards. It just makes a few more steps and takes a few more moments, but it seems like a glitch that needs to be fixed in the next release.

Enjoy!
on April 28, 2012
If you loved playing UNO and are looking for more of a challenge, then Phase 10 is for you.

The game shares some similar aspects to UNO (cards in 4 colors, Wild cards and Skip cards), but it has several more rules, and the gameplay can really spiral into mind-boggling permutations.
Basically, it's like you are playing two games (or more?) at once.

This is my first exposure to the game - the rules are included in the app., but I found it helpful to go to the official Phase 10 website, where you can download & print a nice PDF file for reference. If the rules still seem a bit much, then play the game a few times with just one opponent on easy mode. After you get the hang of it, you'll be hooked!

This game looks & plays fine on the Kindle Fire and is bargain priced - surprised they didn't make an official PC version yet - hope to see one!

Only suggestion I would make right now is that it would be nice to see a little ticker tag that would stay on the gamescreen to show you what Phase you are currently on (could be an option that players could turn off if their memory is that good - to this end, you can also download a printable Phase 10 score card to keep track of things).
on December 5, 2013
I have Phase 10 on my iPhone and my Kindle. The iPhone version is 100 times better. On the iPhone, when you want to skip someone, you can click on a button to see who is on what phase and the scores to help make your decision. If you forget what phase you are on, again, you hit one button in the corner to see where you are. If you close the game in the iPhone version you always go right back to the same place you left off unless you deliberately end the game. On the kindle, you can't see what phase everyone is one when you want to skip, to see the phases you have to hit the back button and that sometimes (unpredictably) ends the game you are in. Also, the cards are too small for the big screen on the kindle. Even at the slowest speed of card movement, you cannot tell what other players laid down and it gets back around too fast. Other players go out at the speed of lightening and you are still trying to figure out what cards were played where. I have none of these problems on my iPhone. Wish the developers could get it to be consistent between operating systems.
on May 18, 2013
I bought Phase 10 for the Kindle and really liked it. This app for Android is a quantum leap forward from that. The colors make it seem feel like playing the real game and the play itself is more real than the Kindle app. You can adjust the skill of the computer opponents if you think you are winning too easily and, so far, that hasn't happened to me much. The only fault I could find, and that may be just because of my old eyes, is that the numbers on some of the colors are hard to distinguish on a small screen and I have to bring up the melds sometimes to see if I can hit them. Not enough of a shortcoming to down rate the app.

If you like Phase 10 and you have an Android phone or tablet, definitely buy this! You'll love it!

Update May 21, 2013:
I have to take off a point because the app stopped working after my Verizon LG Spectrum 2 installed firmware and software updates on Sunday. Verizon claims that the app is not compatible with the updates and needs to be upgraded. If that is the case, shame on Magmic for not staying abreast of the platforms for their apps. This is, hands down the best Phase 10 I've seen but I can't give it a five if it gets crippled every time my phone gets upgraded!
One person found this helpful
on May 24, 2015
I have been playing this game for a while. I love it. I do have a problem on my new Galaxy S Tab. The tablet uses the menu button to show recent applications. Normally in the game you use the menu button to show which phase you are on. So now I have to pretend to play a phase to remember where I am (especially if I've gotten out of the game). Also, it has some glitches that will kick me out randomly (although not often) and it seems to open twice.

I although so would lobe to see it add the capability to customize you player name and play locally (even if only using the same device).

But with all that, I still play almost daily. The whole of the game is great.
One person found this helpful
on March 30, 2012
Phase 10 is one of my favorite card games, and I have played it for years. I was THRILLED to see that Amazon now offers an Android version of the game. Overall, it is pretty nice, but has a few shortcomings.

The first thing I noticed is how TINY the cards are. Now, I'm playing this app on a tablet, so the last thing I expected was to have to practically squint to see the cards. There's so much wasted real estate on the screen, and the layout needs to be revamped so you can see your cards better.

The second issue I had with this app is that there is no way that I've found to restart a game once it's started....which means you have to play all TEN phases before you can start a new game (I DO like that you are able to save your game though).

Lastly, I agree with a previous poster - an undo feature would be great, although not totally neccessary. It would also be nice to have the ability to add your own name as a player, rather than use just a general character (although I do like the use of avatars in the game).

This app has LOTS of potential - it just needs a bit of tweaking to be a truly great app.
on May 5, 2012
UPDATE: We asked and the devs listened. Upped to five stars. I was happily surprised when I opened this game the other day (July 10) and found that the cards and players are now bigger. Much easier to see. If you find they are scrunched together in portrait mode then try turning your device to landscape. If you want to change players see my update below. Thanks Devs.

ORIGINAL REVIEW: I had never heard of this game before. I purchased it yesterday based on the reviews and couldn't stop playing. Fun game. It would be nice if it kept some statistics like how many games you have played/won. Also the cards are very small. A stylus helps. If these are changed I would happily give it five stars.

UPDATE
After playing this for an embarrasing number of hours, I just discovered that you can change the players. At the beginning of the game tap on any of the players images and you can exchange it with another. There are 24 players to choose from, including a dog, just scroll through them. Right now I'm playing against Santa LOL.