Magnasonic MAG-MDVD500 Portable CD/DVD Player Boombox with 7" Widescreen LCD, AM/FM Radio, Karaoke Function, & MP3/WMA/MPEG4 Playback
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- CD/DVD player in a portable system; 7" crystal clear LCD TFT display; Plays MP3/WMA audio and MPEG4 videos from a disc or USB drive/SD/SDHC card; View a slideshow of all your photos from a picture CD or USB; drive/SD/SDHC card
- AM/FM stereo radio with telescopic antenna; SD/SDHC card slot; High speed USB 2.0 port; AC and battery powered (8 "C" batteries not included); Compact remote control included; Read the words and sing along with the built-in karaoke function
- Plays DVD/DVD+/-R/RW; CD/CD-R/RW; formats; Multi-language OSD: on-screen display in English, French and Spanish; Bass boost/surround sound; Durable, sporty design with convenient carrying handle; RCA audio/video composite out for connecting to a larger screen
- Auxiliary audio-in jack for MP3 players, headphone jack, and microphone jack; Standard DVD functions including multi angle viewing, subtitles, audio soundtrack language options, onscreen display, zoom play, and scene search
- Parental controls for DVDs; Aspect ratios include 4:3PS (pan and scan), 4:3LB (letterbox) and 16:9 (widescreen); Color/brightness adjustment; Packaging made of recyclable material; CD-G karaoke CD formats
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Compare to similar items
This item Magnasonic MAG-MDVD500 Portable CD/DVD Player Boombox with 7" Widescreen LCD, AM/FM Radio, Karaoke Function, & MP3/WMA/MPEG4 Playback
|Price||Unavailable||Add to cart to see product details. Why?||$77.99||$154.46||$97.99||$34.99|
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||—||Amazon.com||PHOTOTECH||VCT ELECTRONICS||Amazon.com||Pro Electro Corp|
|Item Dimensions||15.98 x 9.29 x 5.9 in||6 x 13.81 x 9.31 in||7.5 x 14.6 x 10.8 in||16.06 x 10.67 x 5.83 in||6.8 x 16 x 8.8 in||10.5 x 5.5 x 9.5 in|
Magnasonic has successfully combined the portability and durability of a boombox with the entertainment value of a DVD player. With the CD/DVD Boombox you can now watch movies just about anywhere - whether you're on the road, out camping, by the pool, or in your hotel room. The large 7 inch widescreen LCD TFT display provides a crystal clear picture, ensuring you won't miss any of the action. A truly portable solution, this system runs on both AC wall power and batteries, allowing you to take it with you wherever you go.
The CD/DVD Boombox has a wealth of features that make it the perfect portable entertainment system. The included IR remote allows you to control the unit from afar, just like you would with a regular DVD player. Not only does this unit play CDs and DVDs, it also plays multimedia files directly off your USB drive or SD/SDHC card. Simply plug in your storage device and you can instantly play MP3s, WMA files, JPEG photos, and MPEG4 videos. If you prefer to listen to music from your MP3 player, just plug it into the auxiliary input and your music will play over the boombox's speakers. This system also has a built-in AM/FM tuner so you can listen to all your favorite radio stations. The telescopic radio antenna ensures you will get the clearest possible reception.
Not only does this unit make a great portable system, it can be connected to your TV as well. Simply connect it to your TV using the included RCA audio/video wire, and you'll have a fully functional DVD player. The DVD Boombox carries all the features you'd expect from a regular DVD player. Parental controls allow you to block restricted DVD content from your children. Selectable aspect ratios include 4:3 (pan and scan), 4:3 (letterbox) and 16:9 (widescreen).
List of Contents: Magnasonic Portable CD/DVD Player Boombox with 7 inch Widescreen LCD, remote control, RCA audio/video wire (male), AC cord, user's manual.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The next morning, he started his movie again, and the player would not turn on, power up, etc. Because we ordered it so far ahead of his birthday,
we were outside the time frame to return it through Amazon. I proceeded to call 800-663-5954 which is the number provided with the product if one has a problem. This number linked me to
a customer service representative in Canada. That representative told me that I could mail the player to them, and they would replace it. I was given a file number and a Toronto, Ontario address
to use for the mailing address. I paid my $[...] to UPS and had the package sent. UPS called me a week later and explained that the company called NESA would not accept the package, and UPS would either need to send the package back to me in the U.S. at my cost, or the package would be destroyed. I called NESA back, and they told me they would never decline a UPS package; we confirmed the address and the File #, and I gave this info to UPS Canada. NESA still declined my package and it was sent back to me, unopened, and unrepaired. Stay away from Magnasonic!
USB port: plays audio and video (wmv files), very well, even my 16GB USB drive. There was a glitch in switching USB devices - I did have to turn it off and on so it would recognize the new drive.
SD card: 4GB mini SD, works great
DVD Player: fine, region 1 only, no region 2 like some said
Screen Quality: Outstanding, can view from even a severe angle. Much nicer than my portable (actual brand name) DVD player which cost twice as much.
Sound Quality: Meh. OK for TV, Radio, but for music, not the greatest, but this thing did only cost $75, less than a good set of earbuds, so I can't complain, but it's why I docked a star.
Portability: Not a rechargeable syste, so you're married to a plug or buying "C" batteries all the time.
Overall: This would be a great present for a tweener or early teen, or maybe even a college kid. I bought this for my workshop, so I could do whatever it was I wanted to listen/watch, and this definitely does the job.
- volume is loud enough to fill the whole living room (with open floor, you still can hear it from the kitchen),
- volume button is only manually (can't change volume with the remote),
- picture quality is awesome, though NOT HD (1080 quality),
- radio reception-tuning button is very sensitive,
- portability is very convinient,
- able to use battery to power it up --> added value when electric outage
- mode selections (switching between radio, dvd, off) is manually, so if you lost the remote, you will still be able to use the player.
- there is a switch at the back of the player to turn off the screen (when you just use CD music).
- you can play using different media format (i.e. MP3, WMA, MPEG 4)
- changing setting on brightness, color can only be changed using a remote,
- no tv-tuner installed (for free air tv channels)
- picture is not HD quality
- the rca plugs at the back NOT sure (not labeled) whether it is "IN" or "OUT". Can someone help me out?
Overall, from scale 1-100 percent, I will give 90 percent positive approval. I will buy this again or buy it for a gift for someeone else, I will not regret it.
Otherwise, the DVD player, the bass boost, the radio, is GREAT. Fantastic sound and picture, and provided you have good manual dexterity, the remote control is a big plus. If only the movie player would work without the remote, and allow you to smoothly fast forward and rewind (without glitching and re-initializing), it would be perfect.