Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Digital Albums GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 468 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 535 reviews
on August 23, 2015
The Magnavox DVD/VCR player is great. My mother's Sony DVD/VCR player was not working well due to the age of it, and I didn't have the money to purchase a new one, so I came across a used Magnavox DVD/VCR player on Amazon. The price was reasonable, and it's in excellent condition. Now my mother can watch her favorite movies on DVD and VHS. My Mother is currently housebound these days, due to her being 86 years old. I'm happy that I was able to get her the Magnavox DVD/VCR. It really made a big difference in her life.
on April 2, 2017
works amazingly well Too bad no one makes them anymore for retail sale Our old Toshiba DVD/VCR just quit working Felt absolutely thrilled to find this DVD/VCR available Thanks for asking!
on January 10, 2014
This Is Not A VCR/DVD Player that will Copy your VHS to DVD!
It will record on to VHS, will play all 3 play modes on VHS and of course it will Play DVD's.
Does Not have Coax Connection, it has RCA 3 connections, multiple connections.

This product will play tapes from far back as 1986, not all that good but look at the tapes age. I was a bit shocked that something from 2012 would be backwards on what should have been but it is in the name of the product so my fault, can't give a bad review for something I should have picked up on from just the name.
on July 22, 2017
Just what I needed to keep my sound system up to date!
on July 19, 2017
Perfect for all occasions.
on May 14, 2014
Works pretty well, but it uses letterbox on my widescreen DVDs that my Samsung hybrid player had no issue making full screen even on 16:9. My PS3 has no issues making the DVDs full screen either so I'm not sure what Magnavox's problem is. Not a huge deal, but definitely knocked a star off for that. It would have been nice if this had a small screen to tell me how long the movie had been running. Overall, it's a solid product that does what it's supposed too and we've had it for quite a while now without any technical problems. If you're concerned you can grab a Squaretrade warranty for only about $8.
on June 9, 2012
I bought this one year ago as of this writing. The DVD player is fine, but the VCR player seems to have quit working after playing only one tape. I was just now trying to play an old tape but when I put it in I heard clicking noises & the player shut off. When I turn the player back on, it ejected the tape. I don't know if there's a problem with the tape or the VCR. I'm thankful I got into home video in 2004 & most of my collection is on DVD's but I have some tapes, too (in 2004 I bought a TV that has a built in DVD & VCR,but the VCR broke on that.) I've never used the recording capability, I just bought it to watch tapes. I'm now thinking I should have just bought a DVD player & donate my old tapes to the library or something.
on August 25, 2013
I was disappointed because when I hooked up the new machine to my big screen TV the VCR still had lines running through it. This is the same thing that happened to my old one hence the reason for buying a new one. The DVD portion on both worked fine. So I tried hooking the new one up to the smaller TV in the bedroom and voila it worked perfect. So my guess is that the old one wasn't broken but somehow there is something interfering with the quality on the large screen. Any way I am pleased with the new one and am able to view my VCR tapes with a clear picture.
on February 14, 2014
My mother loves her old movies. She doesn't have cable and loves nothing more than to kill a chilly day knitting, drinking tea and settling in for a Charlie Chan marathon. She still has a pretty extensive library on VHS and when her combo quit I was afraid this was it for her collection. Found this beauty on amazon for a great price was hooked up in 5 mins and has been used extensively for months now still going strong, Hope to get some years out of it. great purchase
on July 29, 2013
It works perfectly as I wish to, but I'd like to exchange it with other black color product. However I have one problem with the original case that came with the player. I misplaced the player's box in the garage, and my kit threw it away in the garbage trunk, so I lost the box. Is it possible to get a new similar box from the box seller and send it out to you? I want you to let me know what I should do in this case. I look forward to receiving a good message from you. I am a novice because I have never bought any items like this. I want to have a chance to buy something else I would like to use in the future. Thank you so much for your email.