Oil month Automotive HPC Rebound Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Made for you. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Hostiles available to rent Hostiles available to rent Hostiles available to rent  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now SWMTVT18_gno

on October 3, 2016
Magnesium Chloride Flakes 2.2 lb (35.27 oz) Flakes

I ordered this product, because my Dr suggested I use magnesium oil to help with my muscle tension. After pricing magnesium oil in our local heath store, I decided it would be more economical to make my own. Making it is super easy, boil water (distilled or filtered) and mix with equal parts magnesium flakes, stir until dissolved. After cooling move to glass spray bottles. I make it up 1 cup of water to 1 cup of magnesium flakes at a time. It fills 4 - 2 oz spray bottles, plus the leftover I keep in a mason jar on a dark shelf for later. I keep one bottle in my purse, 1 in the bathroom (spray it on wet from the shower works really well) and 1 in bedroom (for when I wake up with muscle pain in the night), and I have one extra in case I lose a bottle (so something I would do). I also have my kids use when they are sore from sports.
And I cannot even begin to express how much this helps. It isn't instant, and honestly it isn't even noticeable at first. But as you go on, and move, you will notice it doesn't hurt anymore. It is amazing, and I am so thankful for it. For anyone skeptical, if you have ever felt the benefits of an Epsom salt bath, this is the same thing, but more concentrated and easier to apply where needed.
And, oh my gosh!, don't put it in your mouth!!, this is grossly salty!!
I have never used a different brand of magnesium flakes, but I am so happy with this brand that I will for sure be back to buy more (but this container is so large and you don't need to use very much (I really recommend an atomizing spray bottle to use), it isn't a purchase I will have to make again for at least another year.
Plus, I heard a rumor that if you have enough magnesium, it can help reverse tooth decay and cavities. Haven't verified it for myself, but it will be interesting to see if I get this particular side effect....
review image
on February 25, 2014
I've been using magnesium oil for about a year and half now. I have used other brands of magnesium chloride flakes that are more expensive and this can go head to head with them. The flakes come from the Zechstein seabed, just like the other more expensive brands, and works just as well. I make my own topical magnesium oil with it. It's not really an oil, but it feels like it. I use either a 1:1 ratio of flakes to warmed distilled water or 2:1 ratio of flakes to distilled water. If you haven't used magnesium oil before, you may want to use the lower concentration and if it stings, just wet your hand in the sink and rub it on the area and it will dilute the oil and stop the stinging.

Magnesium effects more than 320 different processes in the body, so more than 75-80% of the population of the US is deficient in the essential mineral. My cramps stopped within about 5 minutes of using the oil and I used a higher dose for 6-8 weeks to bring my body out of the deficiency.
11 comment| 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on September 18, 2013
As a long time victim of stress and anxiety, and after reading many books on the subject of insufficient magnesium intake, I've discovered that taking one 500 mg. per day is about the max to avoid any bowel discomfort, therefore I've supplemented my daily oral intake of a magnesium 500mg tablet with a magnesium foot soak which has helped me tremendously with anxiety and daily stress problems. This method for me seems to get the magnesium much faster than sublingual intake, so I use both methods. Beats using prescription drugs because drug side effects are no longer a problem
on August 16, 2014
Absolutely wonderful for pain removal. My wife has had a chronic condition since early childhood that the doctors could never diagnose. As a child she was accused of faking her pains. I used the magnesium flakes to make magnesium oil, (2 cups boiling distilled water to 1 cup of magnesium flakes) which we rubbed into her skin, concentrating on the most painful areas. She received immediate relief. We've been using it now for a year and she still gets her pains, but the mg oil immediately relieves them. She also had cancer this year. The doctors were amazed because she had minimal pain with it. She is now cancer free and I am sure the magnesium oil had a lot to do with that.
on January 7, 2011
If you want to make magnesium oil this is the way to do it. I bought a few 16 oz spray bottles and filled them with magnesium flakes about 3-4 ozs then fill the bottles with distilled water can get at grocery store. Shake bottle up and then you can start with transdermal magnesium therapy. Spray it in your mouth, spray it all over your body, spray it in a glass of water and then drink that, spray it on your food for taste, spray on popcorn, spray in your drinks breakfast, lunch or dinner.

Since this is very good for teeth and gums I use this instead of toothpaste and my teeth and gums feel very so much stronger and cleaner.

I now make magnesium oil for my friends as gifts and they are so happy. Be grateful to know this you will live a long happy pain free life :) Also I highly recommend the Magnesium for life website. Mark Sircus is on youtube facebook and twitter he has brilliant updates on magnesium chloride.
66 comments| 209 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 28, 2014
I bought the Magnesium Chloride flakes to replace the product "Ancient Minerals" which helped me with restless leg syndrome, and tight muscles and back. The Ancient Minerals cost nearly $30 per small bottle. The flakes have the same main ingredient. The only thing I do is dissolve the flakes in hot water, then pour the solution in my old Ancient Minerals bottles and use it the very same way. This 2.2# container of flakes will make gallons of solution for about $20. Much more cost effective than any magnesium chloride solution product in a spray bottle.
11 comment| 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
I've been making magnesium oil as follows
100cc distilled water in glass container
100g magnesium chloride flakes

heat water in microwave
mix in flakes
stir until mixture is clear.

Yeah, pretty much like making simple syrup.
Note that 1cc of water weighs 1g by definition, so this 'recipe' is basically "equal parts by weight", heat, stir, done.
For me, 1kg of flakes is a lifetime supply
on June 7, 2014
I got this 2 lb bottle of Mag Cl to make "öil" for rubbing on the skin after a shower-bath.
Just mix some with water, makes skin soft.
Helps make me sleepier at bedtime.
Many people are Mg deficient from eating a poor diet.
Add some to a bath to relax, rub some on the kids to calm them down.
Inexpensive easily absorbed mineral everyone needs more of, recommended...
on April 25, 2014
I use magnesium to prevent muscle cramps and menstrual cramps, but it is hard on the intestines so I can't take it orally. I dissolve these flakes in water in a spray bottle, and spray the bottoms of my feet before putting on socks. Maxing it with water myself is cheaper than buying ready to use magnesium oil.
on August 30, 2016
LOVE LOVE LOVE this magnesium...The flakes are plentiful, and they last forever when making my Mg oil...I really dont undestand why folks buy 1 small bottle from vendors when all you have to do is buy this bulk, get a spray bottle heat up some filtered water, add, dissolve...fill bottle...

volia! Mg oil! pennies on the dollar.

guess some folks are made of $$$

Anyhoo this is a great product.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse