Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $4.49 shipping
+ $7.24 shipping
Magnetic Poetry - Zombie Kit - Words for Refrigerator - Write Poems and Letters on the Fridge - Made in the USA
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Compose homages to slow-walking brain-eaters. Or just post reminders that they must be destroyed by a headshot
- CONTAINS - over 200 themed magnetic word tiles in a cute, colorful, giftable 4.75 x 3 inch box. Rearrange the words to write poems, messages to your roommates, or generative esoteric word art masterpieces whose meaning is lost even to you. Magnetic Poetry is both a creative writing aid, and just a really fun and limitless toy. They're not just fridge words, you can write an ode on your commode, an elegy on your doorknob, a haiku on your car hood, or a novelette on your omelette maker.
- MIX AND MATCH WITH OTHER KITS - Tile height is 0.375 Inches, compatible with nearly all other Magnetic Poetry sets. With dozens of other themed kits, the possibilities are endless. You can mix and match to create custom combinations, and custom gift ideas. Magnet words make a great dorm room accessory, or locker decoration. They're also a perfect gift for poetry lovers, or a gift for writers of any kind, and as a graduation present, you can't go wrong.
- MADE IN THE USA - Magnetic Poetry sets are made in America, are nontoxic, and comply with all American and international safety guidelines and regulations. Magnetic Poetry is the inventor of the magnetic word tile, and we're still a small US company that takes great pride in every set we make. Read more about our company in the product description below.
- OVER 100 DIFFERENT SETS - Please click on the Magnetic Poetry brand name below the title of this page to browse other sets made by us.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
The Magnetic Poetry Story
Dave Kapell, founder of Magnetic Poetry, was suffering from writer's block while trying to compose song lyrics. To overcome this problem, he wrote down interesting words on pieces of paper and rearranged them, looking for inspiration. What he hadn't figured into this experiment was his allergies. One good sneeze and any progress was sent flying across the room. Dave decided to glue the words to pieces of magnets and stick them to a pizza tin. Then he got hungry and the now magnetized words made their way to the refrigerator door. Before too long, Dave wasn't the only one rearranging his would-be song lyrics. When friends came over, Dave noticed they started to move the magnets around, amusing themselves by writing the first magnetic poems.
After seeing his friends having fun, Dave thought he might be able to sell his word kits at a local craft fair. He made up 100 kits and set up shop at Calhoun Square, a mall in the Uptown area of Minneapolis. All 100 kits were gone after 3 hours. That night, he recruited as many friends as pizza and beer could draw and made up more kits--all of which sold as rapidly the next day.
From these beginnings, Magnetic Poetry¨ has now sold over three million word kits, over one billion word tiles--growing from the Original Kit to a kid's line of kits, to foreign language kits, to Voice/theme kits.
Compare to similar items
This item Magnetic Poetry - Zombie Kit - Words for Refrigerator - Write Poems and Letters on the Fridge - Made in the USA
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Magnetic Poetry, Inc||Magnetic Poetry, Inc||Magnetic Poetry, Inc||Magnetic Poetry, Inc||Magnetic Poetry, Inc|
|Item Dimensions||1.25 x 3 x 4.75 in||1.25 x 3 x 4.75 in||1.25 x 3 x 4.75 in||3 x 4.8 x 1.3 in||0.5 x 2.25 x 1.75 in|
Top customer reviews
The words are sufficiently offensive to warrant the d-bag title and to hide them from my mother in law. Some gems include "homie," "hottie" and "wingman" They are not entirely conducive to making poems though. There are not very many verbs, although its verbification is a very d-bagish thing to do. You can definatly make some pretty obnoxious phrases and sentences.
It's cute though. I like it. It's kind of like Cards Against Humanity for the refrigerator. I may try some of the additional sets to mix things up a bit.
yo ho ho
(and a few other connecting words)
A few current quotes that made it to "the board": "Hal bit the droid three times on the wrong week and got napalmed off of the world", "I'll be back to byte your sexy access", "Frankly, my dear the force is not with you so stick to sniffing glue", and so much more.
Everyone needs a little more fun in their life! Get it! :)
I am definitely glad I bought this, but I would not recommend it as a stand-alone kit.
The magnets are very small, so if you drop one you'll be searching.
If I had a request, it would be to include more tiles with ly and ing. :)