Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Casual Friday Style nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Only: $44.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon marchmadness marchmadness marchmadness  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment. Kindle Oasis GNO Shop now TG18PP_gno

on August 31, 2013
My problem: I go to sleep at a decent hour, around 11PM. I sleep pretty well and then just like that, BOOM, I am awakened by my own thoughts- most likely worry worsened by stress. I look at the clock, and OMG it's 4:AM. I must awaken at 7AM to go to work. If I don't fall asleep quickly, I will be a cranky sleep deprived mess. Just knowing this is enough to prevent me from going back to sleep.

I heard about Magnolia Bark on the Dr. Oz show. Reportedly, it helps reduce stress which can be a major contributor to a sleepless night. It is alleged that Magnolia Bark is the perfect remedy-- it relaxes you, calms your racing mind and facilitates a good night sleep. I had to try it.

I went from health store to health store - from major chains to small Ma and Pa - nobody carried it, many never even heard of it. Finally, I searched Amazon and came across LiftMode's Magnolia Bark - 95% Pure Honokiol + Magnolol.

I took it as directed and felt relaxed immediately. However, the big test was yet to come. Sure enough like clockwork, later that night I awoke at the dreaded 4AM. I didn't even bother to look at the clock, that would only stress me out even more. Instead I scooped up a little bit of LiftMode's Magnolia Bark, turned off the light and rolled over. I didn't really expect much. I guess I expected to toss and turn until the alarm went off like I always do. But that didn't happen. I actually fell back to sleep with the help of LiftMode's Magnolia Bark. The next thing I knew, I was getting out of bed at 7AM feeling well rested. The same thing happened for 3 straight nights. Now I take a bit just before bed and don't wake until the morning. Needless to say, I am pleased with the purchase of this supplement.
11 comment| 54 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on August 2, 2016
I have/had severe, severe, OCD, anxiety, and depression, and this taken in conjunction with turmeric curcumin with black pepper extract by the brand Doctor Recommended, along with yogurt (probiotics gut-brain connection), a high quality multivitamin, and cod liver oil has saved my life. From what I've read Magnolia bark extract (particularly the compounds magnolol and honokial) are on par with Xanex (minus the drowsiness), and the turmeric curcumin is on par with prozac. I have taken Xanex and the magnolia bark is FAR superior. The turmeric is also superior to any anti depressant I've ever been on. I pop the magnolia and the turmeric as soon as I start to get anxiety, so I am taking 5 or so servings a day, but this is for SEVERE anxiety and suicidal ideation because of OCD. The OCD has largely been remedied by probiotics. I also eat whole organic foods (cut out the high amounts of neurotoxic pesticides/herbicides) and high amounts of fresh fruits and vegetables, and limit my meat consumption as I have found it gives me more anxiety/aggression for whatever reason (im guessing the high levels of cortisol in the tissue- I can't afford grassfed).
This is worth trying. It took around a week of consistent use for me to see results.
on August 7, 2013
This item was one that was on the back burner of my mind for awhile. I liked that magnolia bark had a long history of use in chinese herbology. The 2 chemicals in this, magnolol and honokiol, have been shown to have many beneficial qualities. When I ordered this I was having quite a bit of trouble relaxing and getting to sleep. This somewhat abated by the time the product was delivered so I held off for a few days before trying it. I finally decided to try it on a day when my mind was giving me a bit of anxiety and such. I was quite surprised by the pretty harsh taste of this - I'm not usually one to bother too much about that sort of thing, but as this is in powdered form there aren't too many ways to take this besides putting it in your mouth and washing it down. Anyways, I did in fact notice a subsiding of troublesome thought patterns and felt quite relaxed after awhile. It is pretty subtle and didn't seem to make me feel overly drowsy or any of that sort of thing. Definitely took the edge off. I tried it another day, first putting some water in my mouth and then the powder which helped somewhat to minimize the taste. The sense of subtle relaxation was noticed again. I'm deducting one star for the taste factor, but otherwise seems to be a really good product. I look forward to using this some more (perhaps with some honey or syrup to help it go down!), as well as trying some more products in the Liftmode line.
on May 2, 2013
I've been trying to find natural alternatives to taking prescription drugs for anxiety. I read some good accounts of magnolia bark extract as well as research and clinical studies available from various government websites in the US. The results looked good so I gave it a try. I've taken this about 10 times now, not every day, and only in the evenings when I'm experiencing symptoms of anxiety, restlessness and insomnia. I'm thrilled to report that for me, this works as well as .25mg of Xanax, without the hangover feelings. I've recommended this to many friends. It's been a lifesaver and I feel far better equipped to deal with not only my anxiety but my PMS symptoms.
22 comments| 26 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on May 16, 2016
At least with this company, you know what you're getting. Product comes with an analysis. See photos for ingredients. I compared these to a competing brand which is a lot darker and contains no information. Makes me wonder what's in the other brand. I filled some double "00" vcaps from Now brand (about 500-600 mg) with the magnolia powder. I noticed that the tiny metal spoon I was using became very sticky and was hard to wash off with soap. Made me think that this LiftMode brand is the real deal. I would expect product made out of bark to be resin-y and sticky. I wasn't too happy about some of the large clumps of powder mixed in with the fine powder. They were a bit hard to break up. LiftMode provides a small plastic 1/8th tsp spoon which is useless for filling capsules if that's how you plan to take it. I would buy a small metal oval shaped spoon about a quarter inch wide in order to fill and pack capsules. I have a set from Amazon with names like "smidgen" and "drop" engraved on them. Verdict is still out in how effective this product is. I'll report back.
review imagereview image
on March 11, 2016
I can't review this for anxiety, but 600-800mg usually gets me gently to sleep in 30-45 minutes with no morning grogginess. I use it only occasionally, as I imagine tolerance would build quickly. I recommend toss-and-wash or encapsulation over sublingual administration, as this chemical is not kind to the oral mucosa.
on January 17, 2016
Great product. 1 scoop seems to lessen anxiety and perception of anxiety. This supplement also has binding to GABA receptors and upregulates the receptors in your brain which is a good thing for anxiety. 2 scoops can be a bit too sedative. Great meditation aid along with L Theanine. I have safely mixed theanine and magnolia bark together for an effective anxiety treatment. DO NOT mix magnolia bark with alcohol. I have done this a few times and it gets you really hammered, fast. Also makes me very very dizzy when I combine with alcohol. Great company, great supplement! I highly recommend
on November 2, 2013
My husband and I take Magnolia Bark with Baicalin. It has helped us immensely. It is calming and helps us sleep better. We are dealing with a potentially serious illness and it weighs on us mentally. I can't tell you how grateful we are to have this available to us. We have told friends who are going through some tough times and they are going to try this, too. I informed my doctor we are taking Magnolia Bark and Baicalin. She is very supportive.
on August 10, 2016
This supplement is very powerful and a tiny bit goes a long way! This did more for my anxiety than anything I have ever tried and also helped me sleep better. A few things though...I started with half the dose, first night I used it it gave me a slight headache and also a bit dizzy. The second night no headache, but dizzy again. I used it for ten days straight and the dizziness lessened, but remained. I also started feeling dopey during the daytime, so am wondering if the active ingredients build up in your system? A lot of promising research on this substance, so i'm going to try taking it just on weekends and see what happens. Product seems to be of good quality and I appreciate that they include a copy of the lab analysis done on the batch you receive with your order.
on December 28, 2016
Gave it a 3 stars because other reviewers said it helped them go to sleep, but it doesn't make me fall asleep. The only thing I noticed was it helped with my anxiety. The directions do not include how to properly consume them in powder form, which is what I purchased. It does suggest to not eat it. I've tried mixing it with water and it would not dissolve and I tried mixing it with my hot tea and the powder hardened. One review said it does not do well in the stomach and another reviewer posted taking it with oil, so I heat 1/3rd of a teaspoon of coconut oil, then mix and take it. There is a slight burn on my tongue, but not sure if it's the coconut oil.

It comes with a measuring scoop which is a plus. I've only been taking this for about a week using only one scoop, so out of all fairness I will increase my dosage to 2 scoops and see if that helps me fall asleep.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.