$95.01 - $119.99
Free Return on some sizes and colors
|Fits as expected||
I continue to think these are the best boots I've ever owned.
- Shaft measures approximately Mid-Calf" from arch
- Military boot featuring web-like overlays at sides and notched lace-up shaft
- SpiderMESH lining with moisture control
- Durable composite non-metallic hardware (electronic security friendly)
- Composite shank
- Outsole: Vibram slip and oil resistant outsole ;Upper- Leather/Nylon
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
When your line of work takes you to hot, arid climates, elite spider 8.0 desert tan desert boots have your feet covered. Durable suede and denier nylon uppers stand up to harsh desert weather, while the boot's breathable aero mesh lining provides ventilation to help regulate the temperature of your feet. A contoured, removable sockliner provides on-the-go comfort, and a vibram® sole offers great stability and support.
This durable desert boot from Magnum is constructed with a lightweight, waterproof leather upper and equipped with mesh inlays for breathability, a well-cushioned collar and tongue, roomy toe box, and moisture-wicking lining. The full lace-up panel lets you adjust to the perfect fit and feel, and the rugged rubber outsole provides excellent traction on all types of terrain and in all kinds of conditions.See all Product description
- Product Dimensions: 12 x 9 x 6 inches
- Shipping Weight: 7 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- ASIN: B002KQ5T9Y
- Item model number: Elite Spider 8.0 Boot-M
- Date first listed on Amazon: November 26, 2008
- Domestic Shipping: Item can be shipped within U.S.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- Average Customer Review:
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Here are the details.
- I have feet that are very wide in the front, narrow heel and little arch. The wide has plenty of room in the toe box. The heel cup firmly holds my heel in place so no blisters! I've never had boots that fit both ends of my foot well in ages.
- With flat feet I was concerned that the arch would cause sore feet after running or stand still for long periods. This didn't happen, in fact it seems that the insole cushion molds to cradle my feet leaving my feet not feeling tired after a 12 hour day.
- These are so light that it feels like nothing is on my feet. It feels like my bedroom slippers weigh more than these boots.
- My feet sweat profusely no matter the temperature. I'm amazed at how well the moisture wicking designed in these work. With proper socks my feet are dry at then end of the day. Even when I'm in my bear feet they will be moist all day long.
- They have proved extremely easy to clean, I've been able to brush/wipe off any stain or dirt on these thus far. I know this is a byproduct of the waterproofing process, but have seen wide variations in quality of this before. I believe these will prove to be some of the most water-resistant boots I've owned. Time will tell.
- The lacing system leaves me with mixed feelings. On the upside it is very easy to tighten these so each part of the foot is firmly held and they stay that way through the day. The downside, it is way too easy to over-tighten the boot. With all the padding in these I didn't realize I did this until I took off my boot at night and found my foot bruised.
I haven't taken to any trails yet, so I can't comment on how they handle broken ground and streams. In a town setting they handle everything wonderfully so far, rain, loose gravel, puddles, walking/running/standing on concrete and pavement.
I'll update this review in 6 month intervals for those interested.
Update December 8th 2014:
I continue to think these are the best boots I've ever owned. Stains still just wipe off with a damp to wet rag. The insoles haven't lost any of their support or cushioning and the tread doesn't show wear after extensive use.
The toe area is showing a bit of wear. After broken bone, took longer than I wished to relearn where toes were 😞. I'm going treat them with Nubick's cleaner and waterproofing before the snow starts. Will experiment with how warm my feet stay in snow when dry and with wool socks. When I've worn them in cold weather (less than 32°F) my feet have stayed warm.
If they had a waterproof shell to put around it it would be an excellent rain boot, and if it had cleats on that wrap it would work very well in ice and snow.
Update: Well, had these since last October and they still don't feel broke in. After this long of every day wear, they still aren't as comfortable as my last pair were on day 1. Feet get really hot and achy in these. Might have to reconsider my next pair. I think these are the most uncomfortable boots I have ever bought from Magnum, and that's quite a few. I really like Magnum boots, except for this pair.
Most recent customer reviews
No break-in period.
Very Comfortable.Read more