Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Magsimba Filipino Hymnal
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports STEM

75%
25%

on January 16, 2013
What a lovely book this is. I played for my first Simbang Gabi this year, and I needed a resource to help me to learn songs that the choir has been singing all their lives. They were also pleased with the hymnal, and assured me it would be useful in the future. I just bought one this time, but we are considering one for each member of the choir.

To my surprise, when I opened the hymnal for the first time, I found a couple of postcards of scenes in the Philippines!

The hymnal was an excellent price, especially for the high quality of the book, and came very quickly, just when I needed it.
on October 19, 2010
We use Magsimba Hymnal at our monthly Filipino mass. It is an asset to our community. We sing many of its 25 psalms for entrance, offertory, communion and recessional songs.

There are 3 settings of "Panginoon, Kaaawaan Mo Kami" (Kyrie) and 4 settings each of "Santo" (Holy) and "Kordero ng Diyos" (Lamb of God). There are complete music settings for the "Gloria", "Credo" and "Ama Namin".

Romero's adaptations of "Pescador de Hombres/Lord You Have Come" (Mangingisda ng Tao) by Fr. Cesario Gabarain, "Jesus, Remember Me" (Hesus, Tandaan Ako) by Bro. Jacques Berthier of Taize and "Lift High the Cross" ('Taas ang Krus) by Sydney H. Nicholson are truly inspirational and the Filipino lyrics are awesome.

I especially love "Maria, Bukang Liwayway" by Fr. Hontiveros, SJ and the "Salve Regina" in Gregorian chant. The hymnal contains favorites from Fr. Manuel Francisco. It even has the lyrics to the Santacruzan song "Dios, Te Salve". There are many more that are too numerous to mention.

I strongly recommend this hymnal to Filipino communities not only in the US but also in the Philippines and throughout the world.
on October 5, 2010
Magsimba Hymnal is such a useful resource for Filipino Masses as Filipinos love to sing. The hymnal contains the text of the mass in Filipino including all four Eucharistic prayers. It contains favorites such as "Panagutan" by Fr. Hontiveros,SJ and "Hindi Kita Malilimutan" by Fr. Manoling Francisco,SJ as well as "Awit ng Paghahangad" by Fr. Charlie Cenzon, SJ. One of my favorites is "Mangingisda ng Tao", the Filipino version of Fr. Gabarain's "Pescador de Hombre" This hymnal is a liturgical resource no Filipino parish should be without.
on June 23, 2016
The Magsimba Hymnal arrived within 24 hours and contains excellent Tagalog service music!