Truck Reviews HPC Magazine Deals Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now Start your Baby Registry

on March 24, 2015
I read another review before purchasing that said that the product broke upon the first use, but since the other reviewers didn't report problems, I took the risk.

Sadly, I was in that minority and mine broke before I could use it. Even sadder, it broke as I was getting dressed to go out, so I was stuck with my bra strap showing in the back. The hook part on one end just came off completely, leaving an empty strap with no means to attach it. It didn't look like it was even glued in, let alone sewn in, so I think this one must have slipped by QA.

If you're buying this, try it on before you actually need it. That way you have time to get another if yours fails too.

Two other things to note about the product:

1) If your dress/top is tight, this will probably show. The clasp in the front doesn't lie completely flat across your middle, so it'll probably be visible.

2) The spacing between the hooks and eyes on the clasp didn't match up at all with my VS bra. The one I intended to use it with had much narrower gaps between the hooks than the low back extender. It would have made the straps balloon out a little if it hadn't broken before use, so that's something to keep in mind as well.

The good thing about all this is that Amazon refunded my purchase immediately, and the process only took about ten seconds. I think the product would have been effective if it had worked, so I'm not writing it off completely, but keep in mind the potential for failure!
review image
13 people found this helpful
on March 12, 2017
I bought this to wear with a low back dress for a wedding. I'm a 42E, and I was very concerned this wouldn't actually work. Boy, was I wrong. It works great! This was the best, most cost efficient solution to my challenge and I am so glad I bought it!
6 people found this helpful
on April 23, 2016
Works well. I'm really small (always the smallest sizes in stores) so I was afraid it would be loose and that the bra would not be tight enough to keep things on place. But it was not the case, it fit good on me with the adjustments. Also, you can use it for a 1 or 2-hooked bras, because each end of the straps has one of the options. It is not extremelly confortable at the belly area, where the straps are attached. But it is totally wearable, nothing that you can't stand. I wouldn't use it with really tight clothes and thin fabric in the belly area because it would probably appear that there is something unusual in there. But other than that, it's a good help and works well!
on June 27, 2016
For starters, this only comes in one size from what I could find. It's made for bras with only 2 hooks, which I haven't been able to wear in a very long time. The MINUTE I put this on and tried to hook it in front, the seam snapped and I had to sew it back together. It wasn't even on the smallest setting. I am of average build, but this still rolled up under my bust very uncomfortably. I would like to see this product made for larger bra sizes requiring 3, even a 4 hook option. Bra shopping is miserable enough for those of us above a D cup, please start making better options for us! Anyway, I WAS able to use this, though not terribly comfortably and only after hand sewing the front hook panel back on to the strap.
on December 24, 2017
On the picture you could see that it had three hooks when you get it in the package it only has 2 it is not as shown in the picture it is not as what is stated in the description when you get it so if you only want two hooks then it's perfect otherwise don't buy this
on March 20, 2013
I ordered this because of a low back dress I was wearing for a wedding. I ended up not using it because the dress was cut lower than what this product created anyway. I suppose this would work on a low cut top but it doesn't really go that much lower than my bra without lifting the front cups and defeating the purpose all together. Also the front strap was uncomfortable. Not painful but I tried it with several bras and was continually trying to adjust the front strap to a more comfortable spot. I'm 5'6 with a naturally slender waist so I didn't think it would be an issue...but I'm really not sure I could have endured a whole night with it on.
on April 30, 2018
Bras are so expensive! This extender allows you to convert your regular bra into a low back bra. Great money saver!
on January 3, 2018
This did not bring the bra down low enough for my bridesmaid's dress and it lifted the cups off my chest, so even if it would have worked in the back, it did not offer true support in the front. For other women's reference I am a 38D. I am trying to return it.
on January 7, 2017
Purchased this for a low back dress that I was wearing once. Didn't want to spend money on a low back bra. This worked great, surprisingly! Can't wait to use again!
on September 21, 2017
Just a bit uncomfortable in the front but it works!