Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Maisy Goes to Bed: A Maisy Classic Pop-Up Book
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Water Sports

Format: Hardcover|Change

on April 5, 1999
Help Maisy the mouse get ready for bed in one of the best children's books ever! Young children help Maisy have a bedtime snack, brush teeth, go to the potty, put on her jammies etc. Along the way there are flaps to open and tabs to pull. Peek in Maisy's closet to see her ballerina outfit! Open the fridge! Cover Maisy with her blanket! I fell in love with this book over five years ago. Lucy Cousins' brightly colored illustrations are eye-catching and have great toddler appeal. Tested thoroughly on my 3-1/2 year old from one year on up. VERY effective as a bedtime transition book.
on January 13, 2004
If you are the parent of a young child, you probably know who Maisy is. She's a mouse with a duck, a squirrel, an elephant, and a crocodile for friends. Why the crocodile isn't trying to eat the others is beyond me, but that's life in Maisy's world.
Both of my daughters love the Maisy books; there's something about their simple stories and colorful pictures that even appeals to adults. The books are short and easy to read. But, the stories are never obnoxiously simplistic, like so many other books for small children.
This is a lift the flap book in which the childen are lifting flaps as Maisy prepares for bed. Believe it or not, this book helped convince one of my daughters to brush her teeth, which is frquently a battle in our house. This is one of the most fun Maisy books to read to your children. One caution, the kids might get a little aggressive with the flaps and tear a few, resulting in the purchase of a new lift the flap book (in our current copy, Maisy's tooth brush has bit the dust).
on June 28, 2001
Maisy is a hot property at our house. My 2 year old has fallen in love! Maisy Goes To Bed is just precious. It has lots of tabs to pull out and push in to illustrate the story. The book is made well and has stood up to alot of interactive reading. If your child loves Maisy this will be a true hit!
on August 14, 2011
This book is very small. Comparing with the bigger version, the white space surrounding the graphics are trimmed off. It lacks room for the tabs and flaps to move nicely. However, if you like a compact version that's ok.
on September 3, 2014
We've been through two copies of Maisy Goes To Bed, it is such a favorite with our 10 month old. He is pretty impatient with books in general, but the flaps and pulltabs in the Maisy book fascinate him. Unfortunately, this leads to some of the more fragile flaps and pulltabs being torn off. But I will buy new copies for as long as he likes it, it is such a good book.
on May 8, 2013
I have bumped up this review from my original rating of 3 stars to 4 and now to 5 stars. After owning it for awhile, my daughter loves this book as much as her Maisy popup books. My version of this book called it a "pop up". It still is good to mention that this is not a popup, but the bottom line is that my daughter enjoys this book a lot. So it's really just me that feels any disappointment. This has unique and fun sliders and tabs that my daughter loves to pull. Each page shows an activity that Maisy does before going to bed like brushing her teeth, flushing the potty, drinking from a glass, putting on her pjs, reading a bedtime book, etc. The potty flushing tab made me chuckle. The last page has you "tuck in " Maisy by flipping the edge of a "blanket" over her. One caveat: the tabs are not super sturdy, so an excited child could tear these without trying too hard. I've had to do some repairs with scotch tape more than once. But overall, this is a great book for winding down a young child for bedtime.
on October 20, 2006
Maisy is on the way to bed. She has to do a few things before she can snuggle under her covers. Follow Maisy as she gets a drink, uses the potty, washes her hands, brushes her teeth, puts on her pajamas, reads a story, and goes to sleep.

Flaps and tabs on each page make each step fun and interactive for young children. Day turns to night in a window, the toilet flushes and toilet paper pulls out, Maisy brushes her teeth, and her storybook has several pages that children can see.

Ever the gentle, sweet mouse, Maisy is a beloved friend children love to see. The tabs and flaps add to the fun, although children who haven't mastered fine motor skills are likely to experience a little frustration when tabs don't work right or flaps pop off. The toilet seat flap popped off the page while my young daughter played with it. I anticipate an easy fix with the help of our gooey friend "Elmer."

For children who love Maisy and flap/tab books, MAISY GOES TO BED is a definite winner.

Reviewed by Christina Wantz Fixemer

10/20/2006
on October 28, 2006
This is definately one of the best Maisy books my 19 month-old owns. (Or should I say, I own-since I love them all!!) Great colors, and great pulls/pop-ups. My son loves to say "Shhhh" on the last page as Maisy is going to bed.
on January 28, 2013
My three-year-old loved this book because it has stuff he does himself everyday. The only drawback is that this book, like most of the Maisy 'lift the flaps/pull the tabs' books, is made of cardboard that is just a tad too thin for such activity, so the first read always results in some tears at the tab holes. Great and clever content, though!
on October 25, 2010
My kids LOVE this Maisy book. There is so much for them to DO! They will ask to read it again and again.